PDA

View Full Version : my in laws are so ignorant!!!

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 12:10 PM
There Bishon got snail bait poisening about a month ago, I just found out this happened. Apparantly my brother in law always checks the packaging and gets the kind not poisenous to dogs (I kind of doubt there is such a thing) anyway this time he goofed and the dog came in from outdoors twitching.

My sister in law thank god was smart enough to call the emergency vet and take him in, she ended up giving the vet a bad time about the $1000 estimate so he reduced things and got it down to $400...

The clincher is there cocka poo died 5 years ago from rat poisening that they put out, they did not take him to the vet when he got symptoms. Are they stupid or what!!!:mad:

Also this bichon's fur was so bad 2 months ago when I went over there I told her you have to take him to a groomer, they had to shave everything. I can only imagine what the groomer was thinking. It took them 5 hours.

LKPike
05-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Can I get the number to their vet? cause I'd certainly appreciate a vet who'll knock things off a high bill.

We're still paying off our $1,800 in 4 months worth of vet bills. Yes we quietly complain, but our dogs had some serious problems. Thats part of being a good owner, you get your dog help when he needs it, and yes vets can be expensive and yes it sucks but thats their JOB, they have to live too.

That was really rude of your sister in law, in my opinion.

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Sounds like he cut out care that was probably precautionary. Knowing her he may have just done it to save the dog because he was afraid she would take him home and let him die.

cyber-sibes
05-23-2005, 03:41 PM
You mean they let the dog out knowing they have poisons set out and then don't watch him every minute? And this is their second dog to get poisoned? Duh!

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah...pretty dumb...I don't really think bijon's are outside dogs anyway. Supposedly he thought he bought the kind that wasn't poisenous:rolleyes:

FizzGiggs_Mommy
05-23-2005, 04:57 PM
I am Mommy to a Bichon Frise and I must say Bichons will get into and eat almost anything! They are close to the ground so they smell everything. Ulso the coat should be brushed at least once a day if not twice. I dont mean to sound mean but maybe this dog will be better in another home. It takes alot to have a Bichon if they would have done there research they might have realized that they are a lot of work.

LKPike
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by FizzGiggs_Mommy
It takes alot to have a Bichon if they would have done there research they might have realized that they are a lot of work.

I think they probably know how much work goes into Bichons, since theyve had 2.... I guess their just lazy? to not find a few minutes in the day to brush out the poor puppys coat, is just lazy.

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
My bubba half shitzu and half poodle is the same way, in to everything, that is precisely why I don't let him out unattended to.

I have told her a million times to keep a brush by the tv and brush him why she is relaxing watching tv.

They got a bishon for allergies but I swear they never wash him so I don't know if his fur is any better than any other dogs.

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
I think they probably know how much work goes into Bichons, since theyve had 2.... I guess their just lazy? to not find a few minutes in the day to brush out the poor puppys coat, is just lazy.

Actually there first dog was a cockapoo...cocker poodle mix.

LKPike
05-23-2005, 05:09 PM
a cockapoo isnt much different, unfortunatly. both dogs need to be groomed often. one of my mothers friends had a poodle mix who he never groomed, never bathed, and that dog smelled sooooo friggin' bad. He was such a cutie too! I felt terrible for him, he'd be a wonderful dog if his owner would just groom him properly

lv4dogs
05-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by caseysmom
Supposedly he thought he bought the kind that wasn't poisenous:rolleyes:

Um, anything that kills anything is poisonous, duh.

caseysmom
05-24-2005, 03:43 PM
I did find this website

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc_didyouknow

there are some snail baits that are less toxic...still I would not use them, pretty interesting about the sago palms too.

cyber-sibes
05-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Very interesting site - thanks for posting it.