PDA

View Full Version : In defence of Audrey

twirlbird
12-15-2001, 12:59 PM
Carrie: Please state your qualifactions, did you attend university and take classes on animal behavior and psychology? Work with a trainer or did you just get this out of a book. I know Audrey and it is a swat. It does not mean a wack or anything along that line. She just means that she knows what has the best result for Josie. You do not know Josie or Audrey, thus you cannot make the assumptions that you do. And Audrey came here for advice on what to do, she tried it failed, accept it. And dont ever ever assume that because someone swats a dog that they are a weak leader.
Lizbud: Where to begin, how about actually posting a reply instead of always agreeing to whatever carrie says. You may-as-well not post at all, but if you come up with an opinion, then feel free.

Karen
12-15-2001, 02:12 PM
Hey, there, Twirlbird, take a deep breath. We are all respectful of each other here, even when we have differing opinions. We do not require folks to post "qualifications" though people who have been here for a while know that Carrie has done a lot of work with animals. Carrie stated in another post : "I am an animal behaviourist, canine behaviourist and canine psychologist...I started out as a dog trainer."

Read http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000233 to understand more of her particular viewpoints on dog training methods.

And DO try to be polite, please. Just because someone agrees with someone else doesn't mean she or he holds no opinions of his or her own.

Now, for anyone who is confused about what this thread is even about, please see http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000240&p=2 . There advice is asked for, and given.

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: Karen ]

twirlbird
12-15-2001, 02:26 PM
I am sorry but that is not true. Carrie was basically stating that abused Josie. She expressed her opinion and i expressed mine, unfortunaly i am the only one to come under observation. Dont say that every can express their opinion and then chastise another for doing that.

Karen
12-15-2001, 02:42 PM
Just be polite, si all I'm asking. I was refering to you saying
Lizbud: Where to begin, how about actually posting a reply instead of always agreeing to whatever carrie says. You may-as-well not post at all, but if you come up with an opinion, then feel free.

Much of the disagreement in the other thread is just a disagreement in the method of training. Most everyone has strong opinions on the subject - whether dogs, horses, bunnies - whatever. And the other thread is a perfect example of "Don't ask for advice if you don't want to receive it!"

Every person has different opinions, different experiences and different animals. Hopefully Audrey and anyone else who asks for advice will read the advice given and then make her own judgments, right? It's not worth getting angry about.

We all love our animals, that is what Pet Talk is about.

I try to stay out of the "training advice" threads, as I am afraid someone might think I - because I am the Moderator - am trying to over-rule someone opinion, which I'm not.

What kind of pets do you have? I have had many - grew up with dogs - but currently just have one little bunny. And, by the way, nothing I know about dog training was ANY help with the bunny! :)

carrie
12-16-2001, 05:10 AM
I have emailed my qualifications to Audrey so if you are interested in knowing about them I'm sure she will pass them on.

There are many ways of dog training and I have used many of them.

I'm very sorry that Audrey got so upset. Nothing written was meant as an attack on her.

I went out of my way to show that I understood what she meant as a "swat" and at no time thought she was abusing her dog. I certainly did not accuse her of it.

I hope that clears things up - this is very unlike other boards you may have seen. We do not attack each other and are never rude or impolite to each other. It is great fun and very, very friendly. I hope you and Audrey enjoy it as much as we do.

slleipnir
12-16-2001, 08:36 AM
Carrie, yes i about half the board told us your qualifications. The other post says that everything is cleared us, and we just had a few misunderstandings

lbaker
12-16-2001, 09:00 AM
Karen, I think this is a bit too much. :( Too many bad feelings here on what is usually such a warm place to visit.. maybe it's time for a "time out" :confused: I needed some warmth and fell into this angry place.. poo :(
laurie

Karen
12-16-2001, 11:57 AM
I think everyone now understands, and that Audrey is okay with it, her freind just got a little defensive, but all is settled again.

Eest easy ,,,

slleipnir
12-16-2001, 12:20 PM
lbaker, if you read what we wrote, you'd see the convo is over with, and everything is settled......

slleipnir
12-16-2001, 12:23 PM
my friend was sticking up for me because she knew i was very upset about it, she knows how i care for my dog and what i'm like, i don't think she ment anything by it

twirlbird
12-16-2001, 12:32 PM
Karen:
I have a border collie mix(Diana), a ferret named Chester Thai and a fat cat named Bayba

tatsxxx11
12-16-2001, 12:39 PM
Do you have pics. of your furkids, Twirlbird?? They sound like cuties! I adore ferrerts! And of course, cats and dogs! :)

slleipnir
12-16-2001, 12:43 PM
Diana is so cute, i haven't seen her in a while, just her a cute little blob sitting outside - harray for dee

twirlbird
12-16-2001, 12:43 PM
I will get them up as soon as possible Sandra. Mr. Squidgy Butt(Chester the wonder ferret) will be glad to hear that some one else likes ferrets.

tatsxxx11
12-16-2001, 02:52 PM
I think we have a few people on Pet Talk who have ferrets. I can't think who though! Forgive me :( But, we do honor ferrets as Pet of the Day quite regularly! Check out the past "winners!"