PDA

View Full Version : Do you like soda floats?

Sirrahsim
05-23-2005, 07:53 AM
I have been craving floats EVERYDAY for the last few weeks and I've gone through a ridiculous amount of ice cream. I don't care what type of soda is in it as long as it is fizzy:rolleyes: :D :D Right now I am having a Coca-Cola float:D :D

For anyone who might not know what one is: A float is any type of soda (usually Root Beer) poured over Vanilla ice cream.
Yummmmmy

sirrahbed
05-23-2005, 07:56 AM
I DO like coke but ANY soda will do - rootbeer is next on my list:D

http://www.jipemania.com/coke/1960/photos/1965-COCA-COLA-FLOAT.jpg

lute
05-23-2005, 07:59 AM
rootbeer floats are the best floats ever!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-23-2005, 08:03 AM
I voted "what the heck is a soda float" :confused: !
Doesn't sound very yummy to me...:rolleyes: . I like cola :p , and I love ice-cream :p ; but TOGETHER???:eek:

btw, we don't have "root beer" here.

Ginger's Mom
05-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Doesn't sound very yummy to me...:rolleyes: . I like cola :p , and I love ice-cream :p ; but TOGETHER???:eek:

I had to smile when I read your post, Lut. I have never had the nerve to try a float for the same reason. It just doesn't sound like a good combination. I will be watching the answers to this question with interest. :)

anna_66
05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
I do love a good float! My favorite is a Coke float:)

catnapper
05-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Yuck yuck yuck. But I HATE soda... all those bubbles and way too sweet for me. Blech.

sirrahbed
05-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Floats are YUMMY!! You put ice cream in a glass and s l o w l y pour the soda on top. The way *I* consume them is to use a straw first to sip the soda which takes on a creamy taste:D Them grab a spoon and start eating the ice cream which is now soft and YUMMY;)

Come on you guys! TRY one;) :D

Do other float lovers have a special way to eat/drink them??

Samantha Puppy
05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Both Coke and root bear make great floats... But have you ever tried it with flavored ice cream? Coke and strawberry... YUM!!

Mmm, might have to stop by the store and get some vanilla ice cream... :D

Kfamr
05-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Floats are yummy. I don't usually like soda, but with icecream it's good. I haven't had one in a long while.

My favorite is vanilla icecream with Vernors.

joanofark
05-23-2005, 09:40 AM
I voted, What the heck is a float? I have never heard of those before, and I have never had one!lol I have to try the Coca cola one, because I hate Root beer and Dr pepper! Sounds YUMMY though!

luvofallhorses
05-23-2005, 09:40 AM
I love Root beer floats :)

Sirrahsim
05-23-2005, 09:48 AM
I tend to be heavy on the ice cream and light on the soda:rolleyes: :D I'll pour the soda over the ice cream, then eat the mushy yummy ice cream, then drink the left over super creamy soda:D :D

cloverfdx
05-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Yum indeed i do but we call them Spiders here, odd i know :p.

sirrahbed
05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
Yum indeed i do but we call them Spiders here, odd i know :p.
Where are you from clover? I wonder how they got the name "Spiders"??:D :p :D

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I love root beer floats!

Jadapit
05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I love floats! My son worked at A&W for awhile. He would bring me home root beer floats all the time. To bad he doesnt work their anymore.;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I love floats. Since I was 25 I had to give them up because of a milk allergy. I recently discovered you can make a great one with vanillacream yogurt and limon/lime soda. For some reason, I can handle those. :D

jenluckenbach
05-23-2005, 12:22 PM
YUUUUUUUUKKKKK :p

p.s. I am surprised that nobody mentioned cream soda floats.

slleipnir
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I never eat them...they're ok I guess...I found out about them randomly though. I was eatting ice cream and drinking pop and they mixed...so I poured some in.

cali
05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I never ever ever eat ice cream unless mixed with pop lol, if my mom buys ice cream but no pop the ice cream will go freezer burnt lol in other words I LOVE floats lol

popcornbird
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
YUUUUUUUUKKKKK :p

p.s. I am surprised that nobody mentioned cream soda floats.

I'll mention it, cause that's what I like. ;)

Normally, I ***hate*** sodas...but when its with ice cream.....YUM!!!!!!! Floats are wonderful. I love vanilla ice cream in cream soda.

Thanks for reminding me about this Missy. We have ice cream AND soda in the house, and its also a pretty hot day........so I'm off to enjoy a good float right now. ;)

CountryWolf07
05-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Root beer floats are yummy! :)

moosmom
05-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I only like rootbeer floats!

Missy,

You're pregnant, you're supposed to have cravings!!! :p

My cravings when I was pregnant some 29 years ago was Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips!!! I couldn't get enough of it!

Suki Wingy
05-23-2005, 04:21 PM
ruin wonderful pop with cold, lactose ice cream, ok sometimes but usually not.

Nomilynn
05-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I love them, and orange pop floats are also yummy!!! :D

bckrazy
05-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Root beer floats are good ^_^

the absolute best float ever, is rainbow sherbert ice cream with sprite! OMG. the best thing ever!

sirrahbed
05-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I love them, and orange pop floats are also yummy!!! :D

OH!! That sounds like a Dreamsicle:)
I wonder if we have any orange soda around here....nope, but this is one I HAVE to try!! Thanks Naomi!!

Karen
05-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Haven't had one in a loooooong time, but Root beer floats are the best! I like the foam it makes so I eat that, then sip the soda, and eat the ice cream alternately!

catland
05-23-2005, 06:24 PM
I LOVE A ROOT BEER FLOAT IN THE SUMMER

When I was young you could still go to A&W and get a root beer float in a glass that they took right out of the freezer.

Nothing better.:D :D :D

Not every summer, but once every few years I'll decide its time again, so I buy good quality ice cream and root beer to make a root beer float. Its also important to have a bendy straw on hand.

ahhh :D

KYS
05-23-2005, 06:40 PM
I love a good Root Beer Float.
Now you got me thristy.

MariaM
05-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Mmmm now I might have to go make one. I've only had one once or twice, because my family doesn't eat them regularly (they probably don't even know what they are) so I don't ever think of making one.

k9krazee
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Rootbeer floats are the best!! In fact I just had one :D!!

Uabassoon
05-23-2005, 10:29 PM
LOL next time please post a warning! I read this then realized I had soda and ice cream. Well I made a huge mess! Everything fizzed! I couldn't drink it fast enough, I had soda on my hands, floor, counter, even up my nose! But now I'm halfway done and it's yummy :)

finn's mom
05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I prefer an old fashioned root beer float (Sonic has great ones!), but, I will use Coke or Pepsi if that's all there is. I've never tried one with Dr Pepper! I'll have to do that next time. You got me wanting a float, but, I don't have any ice cream (besides Rocky Road, and, that would be too weird!). So, I'm just drinking a coke by itself. :)

flamepony12
05-23-2005, 10:42 PM
mmm! I like Cream soda best, but root beer is good too *drools* ;)

gini
05-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Really nice - now thanks Deb - it is 10 p.m. here on the west coast and too late to run to the store.

So I will just have to sit here and drool over the idea of some yummy root beer with ice cream.

Deb, you have it all down to an art form - why try to improve perfection?

Vette
05-24-2005, 03:28 AM
Ive always had rootbeer flotas. never thought about trying anything else.

some good stuff!

persianmom
05-24-2005, 07:30 AM
My favorit is Root Beer but any soda will do.

gemini9961
05-24-2005, 10:29 AM
COKE float for me!! I don't really care for root beer. I haven't had one in a long time, but it sure sounds good right about now.

ramanth
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
If I'm feeling Old Fashioned, then I make a Root Beer Float. If there is no Root Beer available, then I move on to any soda pop available....

Floats take me back to spending summers with my grandparents on the lake. My sisters and I would get done swimming and grandma would be waiting with floats on the table. Orange and Red Pop were popular choices. :)

NoahsMommy
05-24-2005, 01:18 PM
YUM! I love rootbeer/pepsi/coke floats on a HOT day. Yummy!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
Root beer floats are good ^_^

the absolute best float ever, is rainbow sherbert ice cream with sprite! OMG. the best thing ever! Those are great. I like pineapple sherbert and Sprite too or just the lime with the Sprite. YUMMY!

smokey the elder
05-24-2005, 01:33 PM
*Homer Simpson drools* Root beer floats, which I haven't had in YEARS! Kopps in Milwaukee made really good ones with frozen custard; A&W are next best!

gini
05-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Frozen Custard.............oh, I haven't had that in years.

It is one of my all time favorite things.

There is a recipe in Joy of Cooking and I have threatened to make it for years - but never got around to it.

Have to re-think my priorities here................:p

kimlovescats
05-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Oh Missy .... you gotta try Sherbet Floats!!! GREAT during the summertime! Use whatever lemon-lime type drink you prefer ... Sprite, Mount Dew, Ginger-Ale .... poured over your favorite sherbet flavor ..... orange, raspberry or RAINBOW!!! YUM YUM!!!

:D

Sirrahsim
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
ohhhhh a sherbet float! that sounds soooooo good:D I just love Orange Sherbet and I bet it would be great with a little Sprite:D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
OOOOH!!! Sirrahsim I LOVE orange sherbert, too! My sister and I use is to made smoothies.

But Root berr Floats! They have been selling them at my high school, for like $2.75, and I just think thatr's waaaay to much for a Root Beer float. And they don't even give you that much anyway! We make them at my cousins house in Oregon all the time in the summer at night. Aaah I just LOVE their house,. it's soooo wonderful!

Sirrahsim
05-24-2005, 11:29 PM
ohh what do you mix it up with to make a smoothie? That would be soooo yummy:D

Kfamr
05-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh gosh.. See what you guys have done?
Picked up 4 different kinds of soda (sprite, orange, root beer, & vernors), vanilla icecream & sherbert.

I just made a orange soda & icecream one as my dessert. Delicious!

Edwina's Secretary
05-25-2005, 09:10 PM
I cannot abide even the smell of root beer...but I remember eating/drinking pepsi over chocolate ice cream when I was a kid.\

Sweet enough?????:D :D