PDA

View Full Version : Jail, housework? Jail, housework???

RICHARD
05-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Stressed mum chooses jail for a break

A mother-of-three is to spend three months in jail instead of paying a parking fine to get a rest from her 'demanding' children and 'lazy' husband.

Maria Brunner waved to neighbours as police drove her away for not paying a £50 fine that had risen to £2,500 because it had been left unpaid.

"She opened the door and seemed really happy, if not relieved, to see us before asking us to take her away and lock her up," said one of the arresting officers from Poing in Germany.

The 38-year-old said she had had enough of scraping a living for her family as a cleaner every day while "my lazy husband sits on his backside doing nothing".

She added: "As long as I get food and a hot shower everyday, I don't mind being sent to jail. It means I can finally get some rest and relaxation without having to cook, wash and clean for everyone."

Brunner said she only found out she owed so much money when she got a letter from public prosecutors saying she would be jailed if she did not repay it immediately.

She says her unemployed husband, 35, hid the original fine from her that had been sent after he parked badly while driving her car.

"At first I was really worried about it, because I knew we did not have so much money, but then I looked at it as a chance to get away for a while," she said.

A police officer added: "She repeatedly thanked us for arresting her and smiled and waved as she was driven off to jail."

But her stay in prison may be cut short as her husband is desperately trying to raise the money to pay off her fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously,

This wussy can't iron or bake....

Iron and bake.......that's all women do???

Isn't it?????

;)

jackie
05-23-2005, 06:09 AM
hahahhahahha, I LOVE IT!!!!

I just had knee surgery done a couple of days ago and now my boyfriend has to pick up the slack and is moaning and complaining like crazy. :D

King Spartacus
05-23-2005, 06:30 AM
A 3 month government sponsored holiday? You must be pretty desperate... poor woman! Maybe she should have filed for divorce instead?

catland
05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
That's why its so important to break them in early.

Many years ago my husband and I went camping with a couple of friends. By lunchtime I noticed a pattern where us women were doing the cooking while they were sitting around the fire drinking beer.

I pulled my sweetie aside and set him straight - that this was my camping trip too and that he and I were sharing the chores.

To this day we take turns cooking dinner. :D (I still do most of the laundry and bill paying:rolleyes: - but he's handy all all kinds of home maintence chores so I think it balances out.)

caseysmom
05-23-2005, 04:50 PM
I knew I saw this article this morning and couldn't figure out where...it was bugging me all day!!!

gini
05-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Richard, I won't even begin to respond to your taunting comments...............

However, I hope her husband doesn't come up with the money, bail her out - and then she has to work even harder to pay off the money he "borrowed" from friends.

I think I would set up some new ground rules for this cute husband immediately.................:D :D

dukedogsmom
05-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Wonder if she's ever heard of birth control? That would be much easier than jail.

Karen
05-24-2005, 07:34 AM
But it doesn't work retroactively.

RICHARD
05-24-2005, 08:50 PM
lolol,

Catland,

My GF was in charge of keeping me hydrated at the campsite.

The only time she got near the stove was to help put stuff away.

DDM,

You are silly.......Isn't jail a form of birth control??:confused:

Karen....
Well, BC can be proactive.....there is very little room between the bars in the cell:confused:

Jackie,

LOLOL, Help him out......

Yell instructions from the couch!;)

KS,

That's cold....going to jail and then trying to divorce your spouse....
Why not look at it as a trial run.....make up your mind later on!;)

Caseysmom,

Where else would you see a post like this...I don't write them..

I just comment!:)

Gini,
Me? taunting?

:o

gini
05-24-2005, 09:35 PM
O.K. - so maybe you were just "stirring"...................:D

RICHARD
05-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by gini
O.K. - so maybe you were just "stirring"...................:D

O.k., Women know how to shop and make men feel guilty.

P.S.

I know there are some women who hate to shop.

Yell at me for some other sterrotype!!!
:p ;) :D