PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Awhile, So Here's Some Pictures

K & L
05-22-2005, 05:54 PM
It's been sometime since I've posted. I apologize, but life has me swamped. To send our apologies we got a few cute photos to share:

Punkin (who we still haven't managed to capture to bring indoors):
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/pd45b2eba8e657cc7360e77e89e6b6863/f405cc6a.jpg

Kurby relaxing:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p65fcc803dff1c5a99baaab286c444fe2/f405cc69.jpg

Beavis saying hi:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p554651cddd4a47dcee2c5ff718ca6d13/f405cc67.jpg

Bailey waving hi:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p825f0c2bd55b8bb0b4ee001b4db55475/f405cc5e.jpg

And Punkin checking Helmet the Tortoise out:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/pa1a19f217e373462842d1ea7888a402b/f405cc65.jpg

We've been busy trapping where I work, helping our vets office trap a mom cat and kittens they discovered, and trying to come up with a "heat" solution for the park cats. It's suppose to get to 112 today! Between trapping, transporting to and from vet, and releasing, we've just been too busy to post much. Our apologies and hopefully we haven't missed too much!:)

catmandu
05-22-2005, 06:06 PM
PUNKIN,IS SUCH A GORGEOUS ORANGE CAT,THAT IT IS A SHAME,THAT YOU CANNOT GET HIM,TO COME,INTO YOUR FURR EVER HOME.PLEASE KEEP TRYING,AS HE,IS WAY TOO NICE,A FELLOW,TO LEAVE OUTSIDE,EXPOSED,TO DANGER.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/RDBLOCK.jpg

HE REMINDS ME,A BIT,OF THE LATE ROADBLOCK,WHO NEVER GOT,TO BE A FOUND CAT,AS SADLY HE CONTRACTED FIV,AND HAD,TO BE PUT TO SLEEP.

kuhio98
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Lisa ~ It's good to hear from you. I'm glad the kitties are doing well. 112 degrees ! :eek: ! I don't think I could even stand it. It's 30 degrees here in Prudhoe Bay. Somewhere between you and I is the perfect temperature.

I meant to add that I have your Park Kitties calendar in my office. People are always asking me about them and I tell them how you guys are doing such a great job.

catcrazylady
05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Wow! Look at all the gogeous kitties! I'm so excited to see Beavis again! I just love that huge lug!:D :D :D
Kurby sure has made himself right at home hasn't he? I can't imagine how he could look more relaxed!;)
Bailey is just gorgeous!
Good luck with Punkin. He sure is one gorgeous kitty. At least he is fairly safe staying in your back yard.

I hope life slows down for you soon Lisa. It's nice to take a bit of a break now and then but it doesn't sound like you have one coming anytime soon!
What in the world can you all come up with to help cool the park cats? It sure sounds horribly hot!

Thanks for all the pictures and a special thanks for all that your doing for the kitties. You and Kevin are amazing!!!:)

jenluckenbach
05-22-2005, 06:39 PM
It IS good to hear from you! And look at all those long haired beauties! :D

I love Bailey's wave. (And Kurby's belly, of course) :)

kittycats_delight
05-22-2005, 09:03 PM
OMG !!!!! YOU HAVE YOUR VERY OWN LION!!!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p554651cddd4a47dcee2c5ff718ca6d13/f405cc67.jpg

I have never a cat with markings like Beavis' or that looks like him. He is marvelous.

And the others are all beautiful too

rg_girlca
05-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh Lisa, there is no need to apologize. You guys are doing such a fabulous job in helping these precious cats.
Wow 112 %. I can't even imagine that type of temperature and I don't think I would want too either. YIKES!!!
Poor park kitties. The only thing that I can think of is, if there was some way you could set up some running hoses and lay them on the ground, that way the cats would have access to water more easily. Also if they walk through the puddles it would cool their little footsies off. I also thought of blocks or bags of ice, but gosh, with that heat they would just melt in no time.
If this is not possible, I hope and pray that you are able to come up with some other solution.

Now onto your kitties. :D

Punkin, please stop eluding being captured sweetie. Once you are indoors living the good life with these wonderful, loving, caring people, you will never want to be outdoors again.:)

Kurby, you are so darn gorgeous, it hurts. I'm so glad that you are living the life of Rielly now as you so deserve it.:D

Hi, hi my adorable Beavis. You are looking really good there my beauty. Hugs & kisses to one of my favorite of the K & L crew.:)

Hi back at you Bailey. I must say you are looking quite dapper today.:)

MULTICATMOM
05-22-2005, 11:43 PM
HOW EVER DID YOU GET BAILY TO WAVE? WHERE'S MY WOLFMAN?

112 IS GOOD BEACH WEATHER!! ANY BEACHES THERE?

MY SUGESSTION FOR COOLING CATS--IS FILL A HARD PLASTIC BABY POOL WITH BAGS OF ICE, UNDER A TARP OR WHATEVER YOU'RE USING FOR SHADE, THEN TAKE AN ICE PICK & PUT TINY HOLES IN THE SIDES. THE MELTED ICE CAN BE A WATER SOURCE, WHILE DRIPPING TO COOL THE GROUND...

DRINK LOTS OF H2O YOURSELF!!:eek: :rolleyes: THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL PICS:D

kimlovescats
05-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Good to hear from you Lisa! What beautiful pics!!!

Uabassoon
05-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Lisa it's good to see pictures of the cats :) 112! We only hit a measly 109 today :p

smokey the elder
05-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Punkin, I bet there's AC in there. You really want to get out of the heat, right?

Catsnclay
05-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by MULTICATMOM
112 IS GOOD BEACH WEATHER!! ANY BEACHES THERE?

:D :D We are still waiting for California to drop off into the ocean, and then we may have some beaches!! :D :D <only kidding to all you CA people!!>

sirrahbed
05-24-2005, 07:10 AM
Thank you for the pictures Lisa - so good to hear from you and see some of the babies! I am HAPPY to see Kurby and "relaxed" seems to be an understatement as that boy suire has adapted to the comfy indoor life:D

WOW!:eek: I can't imagine what 112 would feel like! Our high for today is 56 - it is getting to be whwre 70's feels hot:rolleyes: I have turned into a wimp after living in Texas!!

MULTICATMOM
05-24-2005, 07:49 AM
LOL:D :D

DEBBIE, WE STARTED OUR MORNING IN THE 60'S BUT LUCKY FOR US IT'S ONLY GOING TO THE 80'S!;) I REALLY WANT TO GO TO 4 CORNERS BUT, I'LL WAIT TIL JAN! 112'S HOT!

catlover4ever
05-24-2005, 07:59 AM
What wonderful pictures. Thanks for taking time out of your very busy schedule to share them with us. I don't know how you do it but keep up the good work....you do such a wonderful job.

catnapper
05-24-2005, 08:36 AM
I was going to ask you if there was any progress capturing Punkin. Hopefully he'kll decide to be captured and brought indoors to get out of that heat soon. 112 degrees in May -- wow :eek:

Kurby sure looks like her's got the hard life now. :D (as do all the others!)

K & L
05-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone! We've been very busy and plus trying to get everything ready for the awards banquet they're having. I have to compile stories of our park ferals, work ferals, etc. Plus they're wanting a few representatives from APS to accept this award along with us.

We've been letting Punkin accept us at his own pace. I'm afraid we're going to have to resort to drop trapping him since he will not go anywhere near the regular traps. He's come a long way and we've just hated to traumatize him at this point. We'll get him one way or the other!:D

Kurby is quite comfortable now, though still skittish. He may always be this way but at least he's safe and happy now.

Yes, Beavis is a big lion with a huge soft heart!!