PDA

View Full Version : Is your pet healthier than you?

Palomino21
05-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Is your pet healthier than you? It dawned on me today that I take better care of my cat than I do myself. I am sure to keep Star healthy. I buy her cat food that is good for her and I am careful not to feed her too much. I make sure she gets plenty of excercise every day by playing with her and buying her toys. I also give her a lot more love than I give myself. I love on her every day, many times through out the day, I tell her she's beautiful and a little princess. My cat has such high self esteem. I got to wondering, what if we treated ourselves as good as we treat our pets. Would we be happier, healthier and more confident people? Just a thought.

catnapper
05-22-2005, 04:37 PM
I've also wondered the same thing. I hear myself saying "oh, we better watch Harry's weight - he's been looking rather hefty lately" and think what a hypocrite I am! I tell Abby how gorgeous she is and all the boys get kisses and told they are loved numerous times a day. If only somebody lavished that much praise and attention on me!

orangemm
05-22-2005, 04:55 PM
I, too, would love to be petted and stroked and loved like I love my two guys. I'm sure they are a LOT healthier than me!!! (I know they have less stress, that's for sure!!)

catmandu
05-22-2005, 05:13 PM
THAT IS AN INTERESTING QUESTION,AS I AM OVERWEIGHT,HAVE DIABETES,POOR EYESIGHT,AND MY KIDNEYS AREWEAK.AND I AM SHORT,OF BREATH,AND MAY HAVE AN ENLARGED HEART.THE FATTEST CAT,MOOSE,IS STILL ABLE,TO RUN,AND JUMP,WITH EASE,AS HE CHASES SCRAPPY 2,ABOUT,AND CAN ACTUALLY CATCH HER.IT TOOK ME THREE TIMES,TO CATCH,HER,FOR THE VETS,AND I WOULD SAY,THAT THEY ARE IN FAR BETTER SHAPE,THAN I.NO DOUBT,AT ALL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/RDBLOCK.jpg

cali
05-22-2005, 05:31 PM
lol I agree, my guys the get best possable food(raw) comes straight from the butcher, alwyas fresh, good balance of meat and veggies, lots of exersize, checked everyday for, god forbid they get the slightest bit overweight.. although personally I would NOT want the kind of attention I give the dogs, I HATE being lavashed on and I HATE getting praised lol

dukedogsmom
05-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I know that for a fact! I told my vet one time that I wish I had someone controlling the food intake like I did for Duke. I'm very careful of what and how much I feed him. Terrible that we don't look after ourselves that way.

Vette
05-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Kirby doesnt get the best grade of dog food because hes such a picky brat. sometimes i think hes more picky then my cats when it comes to food... and thats saying something..

but yes even so,, i can say my dog eats healthier then me. for one he doesnt have a weight problem. :o and he exercises himself by running around like a little kid that just had 10 pounds of suggar. :D

KYS
05-22-2005, 07:53 PM
I must admit my dogs eat healthier than me and they
certainly get a lot more sleep than I do.

I have trouble sleeping "anxiety"
where Rocky and Shebs can
sleep like a rock.

Suki Wingy
05-22-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah, no allergies (except NiƱo has very mild epilepsy :() and he gets brushed and exersized every day. I sometimes don't brush my own hair!

momcat
05-22-2005, 10:53 PM
There's no doubt that Groucho is in better shape than I am. Fortunately he's healthy and very active. At times I wish I had even half of his energy! At times I envy his opportunity for naps, getting enough rest just isn't in my schedule. His food dish is checked constantly while at times I put of eating myself. For better or worse, Groucho is my primary focus. For my own self, I tend to put things off.....

K9karen
05-23-2005, 12:33 AM
No doubt about it!

lute
05-23-2005, 08:02 AM
both my dogs are heathier then me.:o

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Of COURSE my cats are in a better health than me!!:D
I need my nurses badly, so they have to be in purfect shape ;) :)

LKPike
05-23-2005, 08:07 AM
:o yeah, but both Jillian and I have our own special health problems. My fiance takes care of me and pushes me to take vitamins since I don't usually care :p

And I take care of Jillian, keep her teeth cleaned, get her medication, massages, etc :rolleyes: