PDA

View Full Version : Sad/Frustrated...OK, EMOTIONAL!

NoahsMommy
05-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm sitting here in tears. :( I know its been a long few months, so I know I'm just winding down or whatever.

My mom and I had planned for her to come over to help me unpack today...and to just spend the day together.

I'm using my cell phone for my phone line...and its been working...getting service, getting phone calls since yesturday. It works, I've made calls to my brother and to my mom today.

Well, my mom called me around 11:30 a.m. and we arranged for her to call me on her way over. Well, she called at 12:00, 1:00 and then again at 1:45. In those messages she left on my voicemail, she offered to bring me lunch, go out to lunch and her final call was worried because she hadn't heard from me.

I've been RIGHT here and I swear to God my phone didn't ring. I've been doing dishes and hanging online...my phone is right next to me. I've been waiting for her call.

I decided to call her. She was a little mad...like, quiet...and hurt. She told me about her calls and it seemed like she didn't believe me that my phone DIDN'T ring. :( I was sitting here waiting for her!!

I'm totally sad...how come she'd think I'd ignore her?? She's my mom and has been so WONDERFUL to me. She's my favorite person on earth and I'd die without her love. I just feel so badly. We hung up and she basically told me to have a nice day. :(

I called my voicemail and found that I missed 6 calls!!

I called her back and told her that on Monday, I'm calling the phone company and will have them install a phone line. I can't have this happen again, I need to be reachable.

She was better...I apoligized and she said she'd be over. I just feel so bad. She's trying to help me...and I can't help but feel bad she'd think I'd just ignore her like that...turn my back on her helping me. I just feel so bad. :( I hate that she'd think I'd do that.

Ugh...I can't stop crying and I know that's so not adult of me. My heart hurts that this happened, that she'd think I'd do something like that.

Can I do anything to make it better? I already said I was sorry, that'd I'd get the phone line...can I do anything else??

:(

luvofallhorses
05-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Aw, Kelly. I am so sorry :( She probably knows you would never ignore her. (((((((hugs))))))))

catnapper
05-22-2005, 04:16 PM
{{{HUGS}}} poor Kelly. Right now it is an emotionally super-charged time. I'm sure your mom KNOWS you didn't purposefully ignore her. She's also feeling the stress of the whole situation. Once you get unpacked and all situated, how about finding a way to treat your mom and yourself to a nice girls day out - complete with a trip to a spa, movies, whatever you both want to do together?

NoahsMommy
05-22-2005, 04:21 PM
That's a really great idea...I had planned on that as soon as I get paid next. Thanks for the mom's perspective, I REALLY needed that.

I just looked at my "missed calls" and NONE of the calls I've gotten today are listed. That makes me feel a tiny bit better, I'm not going deaf or crazy! ;)

Karen
05-22-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm sure she knows by now that you didn;t do it on purpose. While she's there, call yourself using her or another cell phone, and she'll se it doesn;t ring or connect. It's just one of those "moving time" hiccups, sweetie.

Remember, you're in a new place, you've got the kitties settling in, and you are literally starting a new, positive chapter in your life! That's a lot of good that's happening!

sirrahbed
05-22-2005, 04:54 PM
awww ((((Kelly)))) You know, SOOO much is going on and changing in your life - that the tears really ARE to be expected. As far as your mom - and speaking as a mom - mom's know about these things!! She knows you did not ignore her - even if her voice may have betrayed her initial emotions. You sound like such a sweet and caring daughter!!
Ok here are more ((((HUGS))))

christa
05-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Here's how I'd look at it . . .

Maybe there was some reason that it didn't work out. You never know what she could have been avoiding by not getting through to you.

My parents always told me . . . if you get stuck in traffic . . . if you have to turn around and go back home for something . . . maybe it's the Lord's way of keeping you from danger.

So I try to never get upset over things slowing me down . . . I always just think about why I've been stopped or delayed.

:D

moosmom
05-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Kelly,

Like I told you on the phone, I'm SURE your Mom will understand what happened.

Hang in there girl, good things are sure to come!!!

(((((((hugs))))))))

Donna

Palomino21
05-22-2005, 07:58 PM
I am sorry about that misunderstanding. You were probably wondering why she wasn't calling you and you were waiting for her. I can understand what you are going though. Moms can be difficult sometimes. We want to do every thing perfect to please them and sometimes it just backfires. It was all a misunderstanding and in a couple of days you two will both be feeling much better about it.

Annie

kuhio98
05-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, Kelly ~ You're probably not going to like what I have to say, but since when has that ever stopped me? :p

Dear Kelly's Mom:

I think you owe your daughter an apology. She has been through so much lately. The last thing she needs is a guilt trip from you. She needs your kindness, understanding and support while she makes this difficult transition. You know your daughter better than that! She would never deliberately ignore her mother. And with all she's been through lately, a phone "glitch" is just a minor inconvenience. The next time you can't get hold of her, get in the car and drive over. That way neither of you will have to worry about it.

Dear Kelly:

You don't need to apologize. This goes under the heading "stuff" happens. In the grand scheme of life, this isn't even a blip on the radar!

Like catnapper said, it's the little things in life that drive you crazy. And this is definitely a little thing. Now, snuggle up with a kitty or two or three or four and have a wonderful evening. :)

petslover
05-22-2005, 10:04 PM
I am so sorry that your having a bad day. Just remember that tomorrow will be better day. I'm sure your mom isn't mad at you. Are you with cingular? My cingular does that sometimes too.

shais_mom
05-22-2005, 10:40 PM
aawwwww
hugs Kelly -
I think maybe it is just the stress of everything going on and you guys are stressed and maybe a tad bit emotional...???

I think your mom should see it as a misunderstanding. Especially after you told you that the phone didn't ring and the calls didn't show up on the missed call log. You didn't do it intentionally. Once when my parents were in Michigan and I was still living at home, my mom had told my grandma that I got off work at like 8:00pm and I wasn't supposed to get off until 10:00pm so my grandma had called around 8:30 to check on me and I wasn't there then again at 9:00 and when I wasn't home she called every 10-15 minutes until I got home!! And left about 8-10 messages. By the time I got home her last message she was almost in tears and worried to death. I immediately called and told explained to her what happened. I was soooo mad at my mom b/c she worried Grandma like that, and it was just a simple misunderstanding.

And oh Kelly - this sounds very very very very familiar as to what happened to me and my dad right before my Granpa passed away a few weeks ago and I bawled for hours also, sometimes we cry over minor things b/c we haven't vented over the major things yet.

NoahsMommy
05-23-2005, 02:36 AM
(((BIG HUGS)))

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Its all better now...when my mom got here, she was a lot happier and I think she knew it was just a cell phone thing, not me avoiding or ignoring her.

We had a REALLY nice day, got a lot done and I'm so glad she came over.

All better now. :)

Hugs,
Kelly

RobiLee
05-23-2005, 06:30 AM
Glad things are better now. Hope you are starting to settle in a tiny bit.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-23-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh Kelly, I think this was just one thing to much for you. Of course your mom knows you wouldn't hurt her on purpose!
I am glad you spent a day together already :)
(((((HUGS)))))

ramanth
05-23-2005, 08:30 AM
*hugs* Glad things are okay now. :)

Vio&Juni
05-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Kelly, when I visit my parents, I have the same problem with the phone, and that is because of the coverage. But I do get sms or call notes, so, I know that someone wants to get in touch with me. Then, I am happy if they send me an sms saying what they need to tell me. I hope you get that fixed line and you won't miss any more calls :)

Enjoy your new place and your new freedom. And try to take everything a bit easier, what's hard - is behind!

gini
05-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Oh, Kelly, I think you need to cut yourself some slack BIGTIME.

What I remember is that you were IN the hospital - then OUT of the hospital. Then you found the cottage and it was yours - and then it wasn't. Then you were IN the hospital again. Then you found this apartment.

Now, I call that one heck of a lot of stress!

Now I want to try to make you laugh. I had a cell phone and people kept trying to tell me that they tried to call me - but it just rang and rang at their end. (I don't have voice mail on it). My brother started to bug me about it so I took it into the company and guess what - the phone was broken and would not ring. They gave me a new one.

That same day I went shopping and stopped to get a salad.
While eating I could hear this phone ringing and ringing. It was irritating and I thought "Lord, I wish they would answer that phone."

AND THEN I REALIZED...............it was MY phone that was ringing........and it was my brother calling me. I had to suffer through a lot of stupid sister jokes.................:D :D