PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy

binka_nugget
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Has anyone used it? Did it work?

I bought some for the dogs today (haven't used it yet) and picked up Mimulus for Kai as well. I'm hoping it'll help Kai calm down enough to walk him and desensitize him. For $32.44 for 40ml, it better work. :p

LKPike
05-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I did a basic search on it and one of the link descriptions says:

"I had the opportunity to use the Rescue Remedy on my two cats during a severe thunderstorm ... The Rescue Remedy had almost an immediate effect on my cats..."

Sounds like itll work :) there were lots of links that popped up.

LorraineO
05-22-2005, 09:40 AM
We tried the rescue remedy on Ajay and it didnt do a darned thing,, sorry,,, i think you wasted you money......

Bigyummydog
05-22-2005, 12:06 PM
:confused: what's that?

cali
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
it works for some and not for others, I use it for Happy, and the stuff is a god send.

Glacier
05-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Kayleigh gets it when she goes to the vet. Keeps her from freaking out. I tried it on the cats and it didn't work nearly as well as it does on the dogs.

dukedogsmom
05-22-2005, 01:28 PM
I did a search on this and they make it for people, too! How is it used? That might be a good thing to try on Duke when I go to Kay's.

LorraineO
05-23-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Bigyummydog
:confused: what's that?

http://www.herbalremedies.com/resrem10ml.html?source=google&engine=adwords!32&keyword=%28rescue+remedy%29&match_type=

go here.

cloverfdx
05-23-2005, 09:12 AM
My Mum has used it on Penny (JRT) and it helped her a bit, not alot though.

I am going to give a little to Clover before we go away in a few weeks time, as she insists on standing up the whole 8 hour drive so hopefully it will relax her enough to lie down.

Good luck Ashley please let us know how you go.

RobiLee
05-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Hmmm, I've never heard of it. What does it do? Does it help to calm then down? Is it safe?

cloverfdx
05-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Robin it is all natural so it is pretty safe, no chemicals. Just helps to calm nervy animals down, and is good for Vet visits and thunder storms.

Crikit
05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
I tried it a couple of times with Smudge and Winter at various places...it seemed to work better for me then for them. Since then I've found a herbal remedy called Scallcap & Valerian.

aly
05-23-2005, 11:00 AM
We use it on the shelter dogs and it does work. It calms them down a bit, but don't expect a complete turn around in behavior or anything like that. I also give it to Lolly during thunderstorms.

Bigyummydog
05-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I quickly looked over the site, and the thing that jumped out at me, was 27% BRANDY ALCOHOL....i have been looking for a site for herbal cures....but that just hit me weird...:eek:

MAXIMUS can't handle fireworks, but I don't know that i would give him a shot of brandy....

binka_nugget
05-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I tried it on Kai yesterday. He's terrified of walking (he'll thrash around and whine until we turn around). I didn't see a difference but maybe it was cause of his level of fear.. who knows. I'll try again for things he's not as afraid of... vet visits mainly.

It worked really well on me though. I took it before bed and my mind felt clear for the first time in a couple months. I also took it before work and felt completely different.

Vette
05-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bigyummydog
I quickly looked over the site, and the thing that jumped out at me, was 27% BRANDY ALCOHOL....i have been looking for a site for herbal cures....but that just hit me weird...:eek:

MAXIMUS can't handle fireworks, but I don't know that i would give him a shot of brandy....

Same here.. last thing i want is a drunk dog.. LOL

Thandi
05-23-2005, 05:34 PM
A couple of drops does not make a "drunk dog".
:rolleyes:

Rescue Remedy works really well, especially on children, babies and adults after a fall, shock or upset. Many other good uses. When my children were young it was always in my purse. Mika reacted really well to it when we first got her from the shelter.