PDA

View Full Version : This is so sad. Look at how big this dog is :(

LuckiLab03
05-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Can you believe this??? I'm not even going to say what I would say or do to whoever did this if I ever met them face to face. :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/luckilab03/fat-dog.jpg

Look at that poor dog's face too.. I bet he can't even get up :( :( :(

bckrazy
05-22-2005, 12:50 AM
OMG!! :eek: that is horrible. Just as bad as starving a dog, he looks like at least quadruple what he should weigh :(

It pisses me off that the picture is from Collegehumor.com. . . whoever finds that as funny, is a total sicko. T_T

gemini9961
05-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Are we sure that's a real picture??? I hope it's not real!!

Vette
05-22-2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by gemini9961
Are we sure that's a real picture??? I hope it's not real!!

Thats what i was going to say too..

the fur on the dogs butt looks a little odd to me.. more 'smudged' then it should be. i think its a docotred up picture.

or at last i sure hope it is...

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2005, 05:27 AM
I hope that's not real, but who knows? At our Golden rescue they had a Golden come in that weighed 160 lbs. He could hardly get up to walk. Just due to the owners not caring. :(

LKPike
05-22-2005, 08:58 AM
I was thinking it was a fake too but his back nails are long, so obviously this dog doesnt walk very much. I think its real. Poor doggie, he doesnt even have a collar.

flamepony12
05-22-2005, 09:37 AM
That is so sad. :(

MsMini
05-22-2005, 11:32 AM
How could someone do that to their pet???? I hope it isn't real.

buckner
05-22-2005, 11:45 AM
That's so heartbreaking. :(

luvofallhorses
05-22-2005, 11:59 AM
If this real I would give those jerks a piece of my mind and then some. :mad:

Bigyummydog
05-22-2005, 12:35 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( is it even possible to help him? that's just horrible :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

was that supposed to be funny? :(

Karen
05-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Keep in mind that it could be a "doctored" photo, and it could be that the dog has a medical condition that caused or contributed to the weight gain if the photo is genuine.

chrissycat21
05-22-2005, 12:44 PM
The poor doggy. :(

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-22-2005, 01:38 PM
OMG, that is too sad!! What is wrong with people who overfeed their dogs???:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( At least I hope it's not the dog's fault!:(

LuvGold00
05-22-2005, 09:15 PM
That's horrible, and not funny at all... Poor dog!

CagneyDog
05-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I think the picture is edited. But in any case, that is not funny at all

K9karen
05-23-2005, 12:22 AM
A few years back, some show like 20/20 or Primetime had a story about people that overfeed their dogs (especially people food) thinking that's a way to show love. I'll never forget this one lady who was carving a roast beef while being interviewed and was feeding her GR one slab (fat and all) after another. She felt bad that the dog had to eat just dog food. Another was a beagle whose tummy actually touched the floor and it had to be lifted onto the couch and bed. Anyway, look at this poor thing's face. It looks uncomfortable and unhappy. I think it's real. The owners should be shot for diminishing the dog's lifespan and general health. This is animal cruelty.

Giselle
05-23-2005, 01:38 AM
I *highly* doubt that photo is real;) Collegehumor.com is a generally light-hearted site and I'm fairly sure that that photo was Photoshopped. It looks more like a walrus than a dog, and the fur looks too fake. Honestly, I can't imagine how any one dog can reach that size and still be living long enough for the owner to snap a shot.

Edited to add: Someone made a comment about the dog's long nails. Actually, they're a whole lot shorter than Giselle's and look how skinny she is!:p

LuckiLab03
05-23-2005, 02:18 AM
I don't know, I go to collegehumor.com a lot and there are a lot of disgusting things on there too. It could be photoshopped, it could go either way, but even if it WAS photoshopped, they couldn't have done the whole dog, the dog would have had to be pretty fat already. They would have to photoshop the whole entire dog to get it to look like that, the chest is really big.. that looks real and the arms do too, even if you cover up the back and look at the part of the dog that looks real.. you can sort of see why the dog would be so fat. But yeah, that dog does look like a walrus. Once dogs start getting fat it's like a snowball rolling down a hill.

My friend's black lab is about 130lb. He used to be quite trim too. He gets fed a lot of tablescraps.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/luckilab03/d012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/luckilab03/d013.jpg

Vette
05-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Why are all the dogs nails short except for one on the back foot? all the rest look like they were just cut to me.

LKPike
05-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Vette
Why are all the dogs nails short except for one on the back foot? all the rest look like they were just cut to me.

it could be because he has so much weight on the front that he wears the fronts down faster than the back...

my 2 wear down only their back nails because their thin and active - they push off from the back and that keeps the backs short.

obviously a dog that fat wouldnt be running or moving a lot so his back nails are long thats what makes me think its real.

lute
05-23-2005, 08:06 AM
omg! that's terrible!:eek: :mad: poor dog:(