PDA

View Full Version : I Wish I Could Get A Pic Of This............

Bigyummydog
05-21-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm sitting here quietly. the TV is on in the living room. I hear something. Then I realize what it is. I hear MAXIMUS making his bed......huffin' and puffin'....I mean heavy duty huffs and puffs. He has a soft twin size blanket that we keep in the living room. He takes soooo much effort to push it around with his paws and nose, and flip it this way and that (huffs and puffs), and turns around and around to finally PLOP on "the" perfect spot. I can't move around too much or get up, because he'll stop if he's distracted....mind you he is soooo deep in thought.....so i can't get the camera. The entire ordeal lasts about 5 or 6 minutes, but it has taken up to 18 minutes!!!! yes, i check the clock every time he starts...just to see how long it takes...i get such a kick out of him......i just love him so much...:D

Suki Wingy
05-21-2005, 11:59 PM
aaAAAWWW! Do what I do, wear the camera around your neck!

gemini9961
05-22-2005, 01:23 AM
LOL!!! Sounds like Sadie, she does the same thing. Scratches and pushes everything around before she lays down. Maggie is not as bad but I can picture Maximus doing this. I can hear him too. :D

PJ's Mom
05-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Aww, I wish you could get a pic of it too! :D

dukedogsmom
05-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Duke does exactly the same thing! I've got pics and videos of it. Though it's never quite the same as when he doesn't know I'm filming him. He even adjusts it with his mouth. Does Maximus do that, too? It's so cute.

Ginger's Mom
05-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Up to 18 minutes :eek: That is serious work!

That is so cute. :D Yeah, I wish you could get a video of that, but I think I can picture him concentrating on getting it just right. :)

MsMini
05-22-2005, 11:39 AM
LOL.. My Chihuahua does that on my lap. Cracks me up..It would be even more funny with such a big boy!

Bigyummydog
05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
when i wash his blanket, i fold it some, you should see the look on his face.....and he doesn't use his mouth, just the nose and head...if you watch him for a while, you can hear him say, "man, i wish i had thumbs" :D

Karen
05-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Poor Maximus - he wants his bed JUST SO, and who blames him? I can picture it in my head, the "flashy box" would probably bother him, and break his concentration on this very difficult, important task!

Luvin Labs
05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
is there a way you can make that area bright enough to NOT use a flash?

better yet, get a camcorder and try that...

i am tryin to imagine that.

so cute

dukedogsmom
05-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Here's Duke playing with his blanket. If you do try and get a video, make sure there is lots of light because they come out dark. Of course, you can always lighten it up with the movie maker.

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Awww...that's so cute and funny!!:D

Bigyummydog
05-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
Awww...that's so cute and funny!!:D

isn't it?....:p

petslover
05-22-2005, 01:57 PM
awww. I wished I could see a picture of that too. Sounds like a funny site!

gemini9961
05-23-2005, 03:35 AM
Great vid. Dogs are so funny sometimes. Imagine if we humans did that to our beds...LOL. I was thinking of that watching the video.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
05-23-2005, 05:26 AM
Maximus is a beautiful dog! Is he an AmStaff or APBT? I can just imagine how much fun it is to have him! I am partial to "bully" breeds, they are some of the most sweetest, lovable dogs I know. Seeing that bully smile gets me the most! :D

RobiLee
05-23-2005, 05:45 AM
Such a sweet story. I can just hear the love in you voice. Katie does this once in awhile also. Sometimes I try to help her because she seems to be working so hard at it but I think that just annoys her because she reworks the part that I did...lol.

Give that gorgeous boy a huge hug from me.

Robin :)

Bigyummydog
05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
Maximus is a beautiful dog! Is he an AmStaff or APBT? I can just imagine how much fun it is to have him! I am partial to "bully" breeds, they are some of the most sweetest, lovable dogs I know. Seeing that bully smile gets me the most! :D
HERE IS YOUR PIT BULL SMILE
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/bigyummydog/hahaha.jpg

THANKS

Ginger's Mom
05-23-2005, 06:00 PM
:D :D :D Aw Maximus, I am so glad Crazy-Cat-Lover asked. What a happy boy, and what a great smile. :D

dukedogsmom
05-23-2005, 06:08 PM
I've already commented here but had to say that I love that smile!

Jadapit
05-23-2005, 06:12 PM
You have to know I LOVE that smile!!!:D You cant get enough of that pittie smile can you?;)

Bigyummydog
05-23-2005, 10:49 PM
the lake pics didn't come out well. only a few were somewhat ok...i'll post them later...

Crazy-Cat-Lover
05-23-2005, 11:09 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

What a beautiful smile! Thanks for sharing!