PDA

View Full Version : iced coffee?

joycenalex
05-21-2005, 10:26 PM
does any one have a good recipe? i had a "joe cool" tonight, and i want to try it at home...but i've never had coffee around long enough for it to get cold. it had strong coffee (espresso style?), half and half and vanilla flavor, does that sound right? thanks,

christa
05-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I like to get the instant cap. mixes, make it with milk in the microwave . . . then put it in a blender with ice . . . blend & it's so yummy!

NoahsMommy
05-22-2005, 01:13 AM
I've never made it at home, but I imagine if you get flavored coffee, add creamer and/or flavored sweetener...then add ice, it'd be pretty yummy!! Good idea, I just may try that tomorrow! :)

joycenalex
05-22-2005, 06:46 AM
i think what i'll try is this, brewing the coffee double strength, 4 T coffee to 6oz water, then cooling it in the fridge in a pitcher. i'm also going to make coffee ice cubes, so when the cubes melt, the coffee half and half mix won't be diluted. i go through a lot of iced tea in the summer, but i'm looking for a new drink after the yardwork is done for the weekend.;)

QueenScoopalot
05-22-2005, 10:03 AM
I drink ice coffee year round, and one of my favorite ways of making it (rocket fuel as well) is to add Nestle's chocolate syrup into it, and stir...YUM!