PDA

View Full Version : dog stuff-what do you recomend!

cali
05-21-2005, 11:37 AM
ok, I received as a grad gift from my grandparents $50, there is never anything I want that has nothing to do with the dogs lol so I have $50 CDN to spend of dog stuff. sooo what to yous guys recomend! :D I dont care what kind of things, toys, treats, beds, grooming stuff, cloths, whatever, just have fun, so post stuff that you guys love having around or your dogs love! :D

beeniesmom
05-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure if they have these dog spa's where you live but here in florida i've heard of these doggie spas. They get pampered and can socialize with other pooches and jump in the pool, play etc....

Bigyummydog
05-21-2005, 12:40 PM
T O Y S ! ! ! S N A C K S ! ! ! NEW OUTFIT ! ! ! i think MAXIMUS has almost as many collars as toys...........not, but he has lots...:p

you should get something you can enjoy together....toys, toys, toys.....squeaky, honky, soft, huggable, throwable, tuggable, we love toys....sometimes the baby depts. have toys that are really cool, and durable......you guys like water? sprinklers are fun too... :D hey! how 'bout one of those plastic pools.....:p :p :p

cyber-sibes
05-21-2005, 01:31 PM
$50?!:D
I'd get one of those ball flingers & a ton of tennis balls for Speedo, I'd take Star into petsmart & let her choose a new squeeky-baby, and i'd let Sherman pick out something nice for himself (he's hard to shop for)--LOL!
Something else nice I often think would be great to have is a nice professional portrait of my dogs - don't know what photographers charge, but it's an idea!
Have fun!

cali
05-21-2005, 03:39 PM
keep the ideas comming!

sammy101
05-21-2005, 04:58 PM
a leather collar.
they are strong,and most are really good quality.Kodie has had that same leather one since last summer.But he'll need a new one soon(or i want to get him a new one:p )
Lots of stuffies and ropes.And of course treats:D

KYS
05-21-2005, 07:12 PM
A great toy that my dogs love:

It is a tennis ball that has approx. a 6 foot rope
attached to it.
The other end of the rope has a stick for the human
to hold on. You hold the stick and try to keep the
tennis ball away from the dog chasing it.

Rocky has gotten to smart and he is excellent
at catching the tennis ball no matter how well
I try to trick him.

Happy Graduation. :D

bckrazy
05-21-2005, 07:39 PM
thats awesome! congrats :)

New collars are always fun, I love cute studded/colored leather collars, or you could get some bandanas for all the pups! yeah, Chuckit's RULE (in case you dont have one already, they are a Godsend to Border Collie owners), Tail-Yankers are fun, and those tugs made of recycled cow-milkers are super cool. Do you already have a bunch of Flyball tugs? Maybe save some of the money and spend it at your next tourney. . I LOVE the toys at tourneys, and they always have the coolest tug toys!! I have like 10 tug toys for Flyball :p

cali
05-21-2005, 10:05 PM
lol I did have a chuck it, Happy loved it, Misty ate it lol. I think I will get Perky a rain coat, and I will take Happy and Misty to petcetera and master feeds and Happy can pick out her own toy, and I will get Misty a buster cube or something similer, she is to smart, and kongs are usless, I play games keeping a tennis ball from them all the time, Misty always manages to get it, happy just waits for me to throw it lol I cant keep a ball away from her for more then 3 seconds :rolleyes:

Chica
05-21-2005, 10:17 PM
GET HER FAVORITE TREATS, AND A NEW PRETTY COLLAR SOUNDS FUN AND A NEW LEASH TO MATCH. :D ;)

PJ's Mom
05-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Peej and Bailey would like to recommend getting your dogs either Greenies or jerky treats. :D

Suki Wingy
05-22-2005, 01:50 AM
What about a bed? I saw some at petsmart on sale, and maybe a platic pool? Do your dogs like water?

LKPike
05-22-2005, 09:08 AM
a kiddie pool is a very good idea, we just got one for our two - their big new water dish :rolleyes: ;)

Jillie says she could show Misty to the clothes aisle of petsmart, with a quick run through the kitty toys aisle first ;)

cloverfdx
05-22-2005, 09:17 AM
First off congratulations on graduating, well done.

Hmm $50 CND so that would be about $80 or so Australian, wow have fun. You could always buy $50 worth of tennis balls :p. I am addicted to buying collars so thats what i would buy, that and some new frisbee's.

Chuckit's RULE (in case you dont have one already, they are a Godsend to Border Collie owners),
Our canine Chiaropractor has seen so many dogs in the last couple of months getting leg and toe injuries from chasing the ball using the chuckits, thats how Clover injured her leg. Just letting you know ;).

cali
05-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I actually already have a kiddie pool for them..2 in fact lol :p I also just recently got Happy a bed, getting Misty one would be pointless unless I slept in the doggie bed to lol I got Happy one because she alternates between the floor and my bed depending on the weather :p hmm frisbee's sounds good, we have bought a whole set of proper discs, like the kind used in compitition, we have about 2/10 still in tact lol Misty ate them, she also ate the chuck-it... lol hmm what toys are super strong besides a kong? Mistys nickname should be "the destroyer" we dont play with toys anymore.. we play with a peice of tennis ball, half a frisbee, an ear from a toy.... lol