PDA

View Full Version : Limping. . .

bckrazy
05-21-2005, 02:33 AM
I just went out tonight. . . I felt kindof sick so I was only gone for about 1 hour, and my parents left 1/2 hour after me so Gonzo was alone for 30 minutes, inside. He was totally fine when we left him, but when I got home I noticed he was favoring his right leg :(

He doesn't seem to be in pain at all, there is nothing in any of his pads and they aren't worn or cut. He has been running up and down the stairs with his toys, but when I outstretched his right front leg he yelped really softly. . . tried again, and he didn't yelp. I'm really confused, he's never had any kind of injury. He played ball for over an hour this morning and got a long walk in the afternoon, and he was completely fine :confused:

Should I call his Vet tomorrow? I'm not even sure where he's injured, I don't feel anything at all. . but I don't want him to be hurting :( any ideas on what this could be?

k9krazee
05-21-2005, 01:32 PM
The same thing happened with Jack, I was at school and my oldest brother let Jack play outside for about an hour and when I came home and let him out of his crate he was limping.

I made him rest for the rest of the day and no playing/running/jumping was allowed and he was fine the next morning!

Hope Gonzo is feeling better!

bckrazy
05-21-2005, 01:51 PM
thanks for the advice! ^_~

Gonzo looks a little better now. . he obviously wasn't hurt enough to jump on and off my bed all night :p I will definitely keep and eye on it and not let him run a lot today.

Giselle
05-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Aww, poor Gonzy. I bet he just sprained his 'ankle' or something. I agree with making him rest for a day and then assessing what's wrong. Hope he feels better :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I think rest would be the best thing! I hope Gonzo gets better soon!!:)

bckrazy
05-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Gonzo seems better than before, but he's still limping a little. It seems like it must be in his right elbow or shoulder. . he was playing with my friend Cassie yesterday, and he had a toy in his mouth that he was throwing around. . he was in the butt-up play position and he banged the toy against his leg and yelped really loudly and ran out. . n_n. I called his vet, she said it is probably a pulled muscle and it sounds like he just needs some rest. Making a hyper BC "rest" is not easy :p

sandragonfly
05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
..is he any better? he should be! didn't he played hard at the park? :) hope this continues allright!