PDA

View Full Version : Sore feet?

slleipnir
05-20-2005, 10:59 PM
For those who have jobs that you are standing/running around...do your feet get really sore?

I work from around 4:30pm-1:30 am on Thursday evenings (and some saturdays...damn these night shifts!) and last week I sware I could barely walk! lol. My mom keeps saying I'm young and shouldn't have any problems...but I sware, if I didn't get good tips I don't think I could do it :o Plus, my legs get pretty sore too...pretty pathetic for a 20 year old, huh? Any of you have problems? What do you do to fix it? Does it help??

dukedogsmom
05-20-2005, 11:02 PM
When I first started catching shoplifters, the store where I worked had no cameras so I was on my feet for over 8 hours at a time. I thought I would die the first night I got home. I didn't really do anything special for it but my feet got used to it pretty quickly. You might want to invest in a footbath thingy. I don't think they're too expensive and it would make your feet feel really good.

Oggyflute
05-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Use a pumis stone on your heals is also pretty helpful. Plus you might want to think about putting insoles in your shoes. You can get ones with a thick liquid type stuff in them and they work a treat.

anna_66
05-20-2005, 11:09 PM
One thing I can tell you for sure (as you know I'm a waitress too) is invest in good shoes, it makes all the difference in the world.
I have foot problems myself and even had surgery on my right foot and that's one thing the foot dr told me was to invest in good shoes!

Now for helping the sorness go away look at your local store in the pharmacy dept. They have lots of foot soaks (the oatmeal ones seem to be the best) and lotions (good for a massage on your feet and legs). Also like Val said invest in one of the foot massagers. They definately do help those sore aching feet:)

slleipnir
05-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Are you gellin'?

No tellin how much I'm gellin.
Hey Ellen, are you gellin?
Yeah, want some mellon?
Naw, but I'm like magellen, I'm sooo gellin

I totally misspelt half of that. It seems my brain died and is begging for me to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas. What's a pumis stone??

Suki Wingy
05-21-2005, 12:03 AM
At the benched show I thought I was going to topple over and then a spokeslady from a company that sells like lighid filled pouch things you put in your shoes to be "walking on air" and I was surprized they had my size 11.5 and also it was so soothing, I got a coupon for $10 off so they were like $30 but Ithink it expired. Then I start going to show I will but them. Tomarrow I will try to find the coupon so I can tell you what the brand name is and if they have a website.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-21-2005, 04:44 AM
Years ago when I was still teaching, I had that problem too. Be sure to wear good shoes that support your feet very well.

RedHedd
05-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
What's a pumis stone?? It's PUMICE - you can find it at any drug store. It's actually lava (cooled and dried of course). While in the shower or bath, rub it over your heels, the balls of your feet and anywhere else you might have calluses. Makes your feet nice 'n soft! :)

LorraineO
05-21-2005, 11:06 AM
everything is simply a bandage remedy unless you invest in a REALLLLLY good pair of shoes!!!