PDA

View Full Version : Ooooowwweeeeee!!!!

moosmom
05-20-2005, 08:00 PM
I prepared MooShoo tonight for his debut in the cat show tomorrow and Sunday. He got his bath (wasn't very happy about it) and I started to clip his nails. Unfortunately, I clipped one of his back nails too short and it started bleeding. The minute I cut it he hissed at me so I know it hurt. I put some Hydrogen Peroxide on a cotton ball and kept it there till the bleeding stopped.

Boy do I feel like a bad Meowmie!!! And I still have to clean his ears yet!!! I think I'll do it tomorrow once I get him settled at the Arena.

kittycats_delight
05-20-2005, 08:02 PM
A big good luck too you and MooShoo:D

rosethecopycat
05-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Good Luck Moo, ya charmer!

QueenScoopalot
05-20-2005, 08:36 PM
One word Donna....Styptic Powder O.K two..I'm tired! I always keep that on hand for nail clipping time. It's the only stuff that stops bleeding quickly. ;) Good luck MooShoo! :)

MULTICATMOM
05-20-2005, 09:00 PM
GOOD LUCK MOO & MEOWMIE!!:D :D

catcrazylady
05-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Good Luck Moo!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sure you will do great....if meowmie quits giving you owies that is!;) :D :D :D

janelle
05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
My Simon cleans my Chianti's ears and vice versa. Cat baths are always the best for kitties. LOL:p

rg_girlca
05-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh Ouchy, poor MooShoo.

I hope he has forgiven you Donna.

Wishing you all the best of luck tomorrow.:D

furrykidsmother
05-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Poor baby! Hope you are all healed up in time for the show.

Good luck to both of you!

Laura's Babies
05-21-2005, 08:57 AM
GOOD LUCK MOO!!!!! I know you felt bad doing that but we know it was a accident and Moo will forgive you!

kimlovescats
05-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Poor baby and poor Donna... I know that horrible feeling of guilt!
Good luck MOOSHOO!!!!!!!;)

moosmom
05-21-2005, 04:20 PM
We're back from day one of the cat show.

He got 2 ribbons out of 4 rings. 6th Best Household Pet and 2nd Best Household Pet.

He is totally wiped out as we speak (so am I!!) He did okay. I wasn't really planning on him wiping the floors with the other cats, I just needed a weekend off to get out and meet people.

I bought this COOL kitty bed. It was only $35. I sprayed it with liquid catnip and so far, no one has gone in it. MooShoo tried, but he's so fat, he can't turn around.

I'm going to give it till tomorrow and see what happens. I may end up bringing it back to the cat show. :( What I do for these guys, I swear!!!

I took SOME pictures of different cats and will take more tomorrow and try posting them on photobucket or shutterfly. Imagestation won't let me download pictures anymore. UGH!!!

Ciao for now!!!!

kittycats_delight
05-21-2005, 04:25 PM
hooray for MooShoo :D 2 ribbons way to go little buddy. I 'd say that is a pretty good showing don't you meowmie? Good Luck on day 2.

momcat
05-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Poor Mooshoo!!!!! I hope your paw feels better now. Good luck in the show tomorrow and be sure to let us know how everything goes.....

catmandu
05-21-2005, 06:19 PM
I have often thought,of taking a Found Cat,to show,but I dont think,that any,of them would care,for the experience,but it would be a nice way,to meet Other Cat Guardians.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture273.jpg

moosmom
05-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Gary,

It's a great way to meet people and share the common interest we have in our cats.

MooShoo has been shown since he was 4 months old, so he's a veteran at it. Kimmy (Ramanth) wanted to show either Logan or Zam, but I told her that them both being semi-feral might freak them out, no matter how much she worked with them. Because of all the scents of the hundreds of cats in the arena, it can stress a cat out.

I've also shown MayaLinn since she was a baby. But she is now retired (after becoming 3rd best household pet Nationally) and I don't think she'd like it.

I pulled Moo out of the second day of showing because he was not happy. When it stops being fun for both you and the cat, it's time to retire.

Moo has retired as a National Regal Champion.