PDA

View Full Version : smelly litter

ashleycat
05-20-2005, 12:34 PM
I use exquisicat litter for my buns. The wood smell is really stong. I used to use carefresh, but it didn't last as long. What is best to use or anyone know of any products to hide the smell? Like an air purifier or something?

bckrazy
05-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I used Yesterday's News with my bunnies and it absorbed the smell really well. I also cleaned out their litter boxes every day, because the pee smell can get grosss after a couple days :p. . air purifiers would probably help a lot! You could also keep a window open in the room as long as the temperature is nice outside. I also used those plug-in Glade air fresheners to keep the room smelling nice ^_^

HollandLoppy89
05-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Maybe you could try an anti-odor squirt that you can put in your bunnies' water. That's what I do..and it isn't as strong. You just put 3-5 squirts in the water when you are filling it up. I usually put 5 squirts.
Here is what it looks like:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/rabbitcentral_1844_113837
Hope this helps.

catmandu
05-25-2005, 07:29 AM
I USE,THE PET VALU CLUMPING,AND EVEN,WITH THE 13 FOUND CATS,THAT WORKS WELL,UNLESS THE BOY CATS,ARE HAVNG A POO WAR,OR THE BIG ONES,SCOOP EVERYTHING,ONTO THE FLOOR!!!

jackie
05-28-2005, 09:31 AM
You should never use clumping cat litter for bunnies. They will always ingest some of it and it turns like cement in their stomach.

I used little wood pellets, they absorb the smell GREAT! They are also used as fireplace fuel.

tikeyas_mom
05-28-2005, 06:17 PM
i would use either yesterdays news cat litter, aspen shavings, hemp bedding, or carefresh..good luck

wolfie
05-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Yesterday's News! I used to use Carefresh too, but it smelled after less than a day. I just switched to Yesterday's News and I don't have to change my rabbit's litter box for two days. It's awesome! I'd highly recommend it!