PDA

View Full Version : Preacher isn't feeling well...

Glacier
05-20-2005, 10:43 AM
My Preacher boy woke me up this morning in a less than pleasant way. He has a very upset tummy! It looks like he ate a small cat toy (a soft ball) and some small rocks. In his younger days, Preacher was a rock eater and had several surgeries to remove large rocks from his intestines. He refused his treat this morning, which he never does, so he didn't get his thyroid meds.

I'm hoping that he brought everything he needed to back up and that he doesn't have a blockage. I will be keeping a close eye on him and taking him to the vet if I see no improvement in the next couple hours. I know it probably seems like a fairly minor thing, but Preacher is 12 years old and his health isn't great at the best of times anymore. So any change worries me. Please keep your paws crossed that my sweet old guy will be ok.

LuckiLab03
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Aw. I'm sorry Preacher isn't feeling good :( Hope everything's alright! Fingers and paws crossed!!

(I think we should superglue them crossed, we're ALWAYS hoping everything is gonna be OK :))

Queen of Poop
05-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Preacher, please feel better. Mommy's real worried about you. Prayers for you both.

cyber-sibes
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
poor preacher! it's just no fun to feel ill. paws crossed he'll perk up soon and all is well.

Jadapit
05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Poor Preacher! I hope he gets to feeling better. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kfamr
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Let us know how Preacher is doing. Someone here has an upset tummy too! I found some throw-up on the carpet in a not-so-pleasant way this morning. :eek:

NoahsMommy
05-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Awww...poor Preacher.

Hope he feels better soon!

lizbud
05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Poor guy.:( Hope Preacher is feeling better soon.

gemini9961
05-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Get better Preacher. Fingers crossed here.

Glacier
05-20-2005, 08:19 PM
He seems a bit better this evening. I've been giving him lots of lovin' which he is soaking up like a sponge. Earlier he let me brush him for an hour so he looks great! Now he's walking away when he feels the brush--a good sign as that's what he usually does. He took a chip when I was snacking too.

I talked to my vet who said basically to monitor him. He's still drinking so that's a good sign. If he stops drinking, he goes to the vet immediately. Tonight he is getting some kaepectate for an appetizer and a very small, bland supper.

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone.

Kay, I hope whoever was puking at your house is feeling better too.

dukedogsmom
05-20-2005, 09:06 PM
I hope Preacher continues to do well. He's a sweet old guy. Give him lots of lovin' from us, too.

finn's mom
05-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Is Preacher feeling any better?

Glacier
05-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Is Preacher feeling any better?

He's pretty much back to normal today. He's outside BAH-WOOOing at the wind and the younger dogs. He ate a small meal last night and a treat this morning and so far it's all staying down. He didn't get sick overnight. No messes in the house this morning. His bowels are working so he's not obstructed. He must have just had a very upset system yesterday.

Thanks everyone!