PDA

View Full Version : Potty training and the Rain!!!

Christiansmommy
05-20-2005, 07:06 AM
No fun!!! Harlee has been doing really well with potty training so far. We haven't had any rain yet since we have had her (1 week yesterday)...but today, we have HEAVY rain allllllll day lllloooonnngggg!!! Oh well, I guess it could be worse. :) She will probably be spending a lot of time in the crate today, unfortunately...to try to prevent any mishaps...

Sorry just had to vent ;)

Robyn

Kfamr
05-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Try hurricanes + puppy. ;)

Luckily, I don't mind getting wet and neither does Kiara.

LKPike
05-20-2005, 09:20 AM
You could send Harlee over here for the day or until it stops raining! ;)

Dixieland Dancer
05-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
You could send Harlee over here for the day or until it stops raining! ;)

I think I'm a little closer to Maryland than LKpike! ;)

Once the weather gets nicer and you take her swimming a few times, perhaps she won't mind the rain as much. Dixie and Dusty both go potty in either rain or shine. Actually, I think Dusty prefers the rain! Sometimes he just lays in it and I have to call the goofball in before he gets drenched! :confused:

Christiansmommy
05-20-2005, 02:52 PM
I am sure Harlee would love to meet you both, LPike and Dixieland Dancer...but she's mine mine mine!! LOL ;) Just kidding, I would love to share her...she is a sweetheart...

Actually, as the day goes on...i think she was more afraid of my umbrella, lol, than the rain!! But she still doesn't *love* the rain yet...since it is her first experience with it :)

That is so silly of you Dusty!! Laying in the rain like that!! It must be quite a funny sight!! :)

lbaker
I'm in Maryland too so Harlee can come visit me when it rains :D You've met Badger, don't you agree he would be a good influence? :)

k9krazee
My only dog that will go out in the rain is the Jack man, the rest HATE water of any kind! We had to try to potty train Kyra in the snow :eek: and she would refuse to go out because it was too cold. We ended up buying her a raincoat, winter coat and a sweater!!

Poor Harlee....hopefully she will learn to love the rain!