PDA

View Full Version : Keep Us In Your Thoughts

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-20-2005, 05:16 AM
I have been a way from PT again. Haven't been terribly busy, but terribly down.

Drake and I will be leaving Germany for a year to go back to GA while Andrew is in Iraq for a year, AGAIN. We leave on June 3rd and he leaves on the 2nd. This has been a very tough time for us. Poor Andrew hardley every gets home before 10 and leaves before 7! 2 more weeks to go before he is on the plane headed to Iraq :(

We've done this before for 6 months, but it is even more difficult this time around. The news from Iraq is never good these days...

Please keep our family and friends that are deploying as well in your thoughts.

Soapets
05-20-2005, 06:29 AM
You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers...........

Logan
05-20-2005, 06:46 AM
You have every reason to feel down, Souraya. Please know that you and Andrew are in our thoughts and prayers, constantly.

Logan

4 Dog Mother
05-20-2005, 07:07 AM
You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Having Andrew in Iraq will be very difficult - I know we worried constantly about Brian when he was there. His brother just got back in April from his year there - hopefully no one else will be going back soon. Being in the military now is a scary thing. Good luck for your move back to Georgia -- I know you will miss Andrew terribly.

ramanth
05-20-2005, 08:33 AM
*HUGS*

Dearest Souraya, you, Andrew, and Drake are always in my thoughts.

I am so proud of Andrew and I hope he returns to you safely.

Albea
05-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Souraya, you and Andrew will be in my thoughts and prayers, with wishes for a safe return.

robinh
05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Tell Andrew we are proud of him. Tell him to take very good care of himself.

You should know that we are proud of you, too. You are a strong, resourceful woman who is making the best of a bad situation.

You will both be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming months.

lizbud
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Souraya,

I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope time
passes quickly, your move goes smoothly and Andrew can come
home to you & Drake safe and sound. :) Hang in there.:)

KYS
05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Oodles and Ooodles of (((HUGS))) and good thoughts.

Karen
05-20-2005, 06:31 PM
You are all three going to be in my thoughts and prayers. It is not easy having a loved one in the military, and even harder having them in a war zone. Tell him to tell all those that are being deployed with him that they will all be in our thoughts an prayers until they are home safe and sound. At least you and Drake will have each other to lean on.

anna_66
05-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Souraya I'm sorry it's for a year this time, I honestly can't imagine being in your shoes. You are a much stronger woman than I will ever be.
I wish I had some magic words that would make this easier but I don't. Just know that if you ever need a should to lean on, I'm here.

Many {{{{HUGS}}}} and thoughts coming your way.

Anna

AmberLee
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Thinking and praying for you all.

(Does Andrew like to read? I've been collecting books that are being shared between troops there and patients at the local V. A. hospital. If he has a particular genre he likes, I could send some, either to him or to you to send to him, if you think it'd help. PM me.)

dukedogsmom
05-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I really wish he didn't have to go there any more! But I'm sure you wish that thousands of times more than we do. I pray he'll stay safe so you can be reunited. You'll have to let us know his address so we can write to him. Georgia isn't that far from Florida so I would love to meet you and Drake! Let me know if you ever come down to Florida or maybe we can have some kind of meeting in Georgia for the people in Florida and Tennessee. I know some people from Tennessee were trying to plan one but I couldn't make it all the way to Nashville. Georgia would be a lot easier.

Oggyflute
05-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Best thoughts and wishes for you and your family.

K9karen
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Souraya, I think about you and Andrew everyday (Klo still loves her squeeky football-her favorite toy). Mega hugs and prayers for Andrew's safe return. Godspeed on your and Drake's return back to the states.

NoahsMommy
05-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Oh honey, that has to be so hard on you both. :(

Please take care and come visit when you can...or if we can do anything.

You both are truly amazing people...thank you for your sacrifices so that we may benefit.

Lots of hugs, prayers and love,
Kelly

shais_mom
05-21-2005, 12:01 AM
thoughts and prayers are with you and Draker and Andrew, Souraya!

I am only a pm away if you need anything!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-21-2005, 04:25 AM
Thank you for all your posts and warm wishes.

Once Andrew has left, I will PM his address for those of you who want to write. Amber Lee, Andrew loves to read. I will PM you later with the genre of books that he is interested in.

Thank God it's the weekend, and hopefully, his office won't call for him. Maybe we can get to spend some QT today!

lbaker
05-21-2005, 06:00 AM
Souraya, please add me to the Andrew Address List. Where in Georgia? I forget if you and Andrew have family there. We are part of your family too and are here for you whenever the blues start getting to you. I think of you three so often and will continue to hope that all our men and women "over there" can come home to their families soon. I hate the war, I love the troops.. I felt much the same way during Viet Nam and thought I wouldn't have to feel like this again :( I'm so very sorry for this sad time for you.
L