PDA

View Full Version : Positive thoughts please

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-19-2005, 11:57 PM
A few if you have noticed that I haven't been on PT much lately. (Thanks to everyone for the wonderful PMs , emails etc).

Over the past few months I have been undergoing fertility treament (some of you may know that Warren and myself have been trying for a baby for over two years). About two months ago I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries, and three weeks ago I was admitted into hospital for treatment. During the op my doctor discovered that I will not be able to have any more kids without IVF (ie Test-Tube baby). We have not yet decided whether we will be going ahead with it - I'll let you all know.

HOWEVER this "crisis" has made me stop and take stock of my life. One of the side effects of polycystic ovaries is that it made me put on weight very easily, and also makes it almost impossible to lose weight. I am hoping that the op I have three weeks ago will make this less of an issue.

Another issue which I have is that I am an emotional eater - I eat for comfort, when I am lonely, sad or bored, and it is a very self-destructive habit. Most of you know that I have been battling with depression for a while and eventually sought treatment for it in January this year.

ANYWAY - that is the background. Last week I finally decided that I cannot go on living my life trapped in this overweight body. (I used to be VERY thin, and also very vain:o , so I guess this is my comuppance). I went to a dietician and he has put together a weight loss and exercise plan for me. I REALLY want to get myself back on track, and I KNOW there are much more serious problems in some other PTers lives at the moment, but if you could spare a few prayers, and send me some positive thoughts / vibes that I can stick to this new program, I'd really appreciate it.

jesse_3
05-20-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm very sorry that you have this, disease? I'll keep you in my prayers tonight, *HUGS* May God be with you.

Don't worry, you CAN stick with this diet/workout program! PT'ers will support you the whole way!

Stephanie

I hope that you'll be feeling better soon!

popcornbird
05-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Awwww Julie. {{{hugs}}} I will keep you in my prayers. May God bless you with another child soon!

Barbara
05-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Julie whatever I've seen of you shows you are an attractice lady- thin and not so thin.

I am very sorry that you are not able to have another baby and for the stress all that must cause to you.

I keep my fingers crossed that your plan works out. I think professional help is a good thing and of course you must calculate a long time: if you loose the weight too fast it may come back quickly. I know it can be done. I have an US co-worker. She used to be like 200+ lb and I somehow thought "ok, she is like that". But then I didn't see her by chance one bookfair and only saw her mext bookfair- and there was another person!!!!!!! I was sooooo impressed and this happened 4 years ago and never put on the weight again.

Kisses to Ally and Connor and you:) :) :)

NoahsMommy
05-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Julie,

What a lot to have to think about...you poor thing. I hope this new diet plan makes you feel better.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

petslover
05-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Hey! I just got diagnosed with Polycystic Syndrome. I am 19 and thought I was to young to get it and was scared to death. It goes hand in hand with diabetes which I don't want to get. I start medication for it this weekend. so I guess I will see how that goes. I came to PT and they are really good on positive thoughts.

You can go to this great website to read more about polycystic ovary syndrome

www.soulcysters.com and it has alot of information and a message board for you to chat on.

I wish you luck, and I guess we are going through this together so prayers are on your way!

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-20-2005, 06:11 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you have been going through so much. Best of luck to you in your weight loss plans and dealing with the news you have been given.

You will be in my thoughts.

Souraya

Soapets
05-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Prayers from Nebraska..................................

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries when I was in my early 20's, but nothing was ever done for it except birth control pills to regulate my cycle, and fertility pills when I wanted to become pregnant (which was successful only one time). What kind of surgery did you have for it? And what kind of medication is available for it? I had a hysterectomy, with ovaries removed also, about two and one-half years ago. Other than that, I didn't know there was any kind of surgery available.

I also struggle with depression, weight problems, and emotional eating. I can really relate to what you are going through, and will definitely keep you in my prayers!

sirrahbed
05-20-2005, 07:05 AM
I think of you often Julie. Being unable to conceive has no doubt contributed to the depression - that constant letdown each month. I also can empathize with the weight battle and emotional eating.

How about making yourself "report in" here to PT and we will help you stay on your exercise and eating plan. Maybe you can reach a moderate size so you are happier about it - but not thin and vain:p We can't have THAT!!:D

(((((HUGS))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Oh Julie, I do understand very well what you have been going through.... :( . We went to the same phase many years ago.
Please don't let this influence your relationship with Warren; getting kids must be great, but it may not be at the cost of your marriage...!!
I wish you all the luck you need!

ramanth
05-20-2005, 08:37 AM
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis Julie.

I know how you feel. My Endometriosis treatments made it easy for me to gain weight and now it's hard to get it off.

Many good thoughts going your way. :)

anna_66
05-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm sorry, I really had no idea you were going through all of this.
But I do wish you the best on your new diet.

cloverfdx
05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Lots of positive thoughts and prayers on the way for you Julie {{Hugs}}. I hope all goes well for you and Warren.

Karen
05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Prayers coming your way.

That's the good thing about prayers and well wishes - one never runs out of them, and can always give more!

cubby31682
05-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Good luck, I hope you get to the size and weight that you want. I believe in you. We are all here for you if you need us. :)

catcrazylady
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Julie I'm so sorry you have all these issues at once. It sure can lead to more and deeper depression. You are on the right track to making yourself feel better though. I'm sure you will be able to get your weight back down to where you feel comfortable. You sound very determined!:D
Prayers on the way for you. You are a very special person and I just know everything will turn out good for you.
{{{HUGS}}}

Edwina's Secretary
05-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Julie....I knew you were going through a tough time. It is hard. I was always so thin and with absolutely no effort on my part. I reached a certain age where it became harder...then I married and confirmed the suspicion I always had that marriage leads to weight gain. Moving away from my family, friends, and home hasn't helped.

I have thought of seeing a nutritionist. That is an EXCELLENT idea and a good way to get yourself on the right road.

So is coming on Pettalk more often.....:D ;) :D

My thoughts are with you...

moosmom
05-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Ally Cat's Mom,

Never out of prayers here! I commend you for taking charge of your life. Depression can be a very debilitating disease if you let it! I've suffered from depression since I was 15 years old. For the first time since then, I can actually say I am content with my life. I do need to lose some weight as well, and will be returning to Weight Watchers once I start working full time.

Good luck, honey! You certainly deserve it after all you've been through.

(((((hugs)))))))

Oggyflute
05-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Best of thoughts and wishes to you Julie.

catnapper
05-21-2005, 06:24 AM
Of course I'll send lots and lots of warm wishes and prayers that your new program works.

A dear friend of mine has the same cysts and she has been battling the problem for years. I know how hard it is, so I wish you all the strength in the world to lose weight despite it!

Killearn Kitties
05-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Very best wishes with everything you are going through just now. Just take positive action has got to make you feel better. Good luck!