PDA

View Full Version : Merrick Dog Food?

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2005, 11:09 PM
I recently started seeing this brand of dog food, in our local pet store. The ingredients looks really good, so started buying a bit of the canned, just to added as a supplement, for a little treat, once or twice a week. The dogs absolutley LOVE it, and lick the bowls clean when they have it!

Just wondered if anyone else has seen it, tried it, heard anything...

Here's the website (http://www.merrickpetcare.com/store/canned_dog_food.php)

bckrazy
05-20-2005, 02:08 AM
I know a few people who use it now, and they say its really good :) Gonzo has had some of the canned too. I've heard the kibble can be kindof rich, though, and I think it has a lot of kcals per cup.

elizabethann
05-20-2005, 07:53 AM
That's what I feed Fenway. I used to feed my cats, Cosmo & Maxie, the Merrick cat food but they like Wellness much better so I stuck with that. Fenway loves Merrick. It has such healthy ingredients. You can actually see the veggies in both the dry and canned foods. He's not crazy about Campfire Trout (it's in a blue can). And I DON'T feed him the Wingaling canned food because there can be bones in it - and it freaked me out when he ate them. I just had visions of him choking on them.

Anyhow, he is eating Grammy's Pot Pie for the "hard" kibble at the moment. Sometimes I switch and buy him the Wildnerness Blend.

He likes it and I feel better knowing I'm feeding him very healthy dog food. He probably eats healthier than me!

:eek:

elizabethann
05-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Oh, and Fenway doesn't like the Merrick treats - but he's fussy about treats anyways. Unless it contains peanut butter, he won't eat it.

beeniesmom
05-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Oh yes!
Beenie loves the stuff. It's a little pricy but well worth the money. The ingredients are great and it is the perfect thing for Beenie when she is being picky with her usual dry dog food. Her favorite is Grammy's Pot Pie and Thanksgiving Day feast.
I would reccomend it to anyone who has an occasional picky eater.

beeniesmom
05-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Wingalings is not dangerous for them. They are real wing bones but they are soft! Next time you open a can, press a bone between your fingers, it will fall apart. The first time I opened a can of Wingalings I freaked out too, but quickly calmed down after touching them. I just broke them apart... besides bone marrow is good for dogs.

elizabethann
05-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Nice to know about Wingalings since I gave some of those bones to Fenway and they disappeared! I always thought he swallowed them and that they've been in his tummy for the past 2 months just sitting there. I've even considered bringing him to the vets and getting an x-ray....seriously.

Thanks for the info.

:)

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2005, 09:00 AM
I noticed the real chucks of food in the canned. definately was not the typical canned dog food!!

I don't plan on switching to it completely, Cincy can't handle too many rich foods....but I thought it would be a healthy treat for them once in a while to try a little canned.

Thanks for the heads up onthe Wingaling!! I actually bought a can of that yesterday (along with the Mediteranian Banquet, which they had last night and LOVED!). They will probablly have the Wingaling next week, and I would have been unsure giving it to them if I saw bones!!

Samantha Puppy
05-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Samantha LOVES Merrick dog food. I wish I could get it for her all the time, but around here it's pretty pricey ($2/can) so I get it for her for treats whenever I can.