PDA

View Full Version : Peek A Boo Kitties

Freckles
01-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Let's start a new topic for kitty pics.
Here is a 1962 slide picture of Jerry responding to a whispered "Jerry".

Any more peek a boo kitties out there?

http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/jerrypeeks.jpg

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Will see if I have any photos in 'peekaboo' mode: don't think so.

Jerry is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing this picture of him.

slleipnir
01-30-2002, 10:06 PM
aww cutteeeeee!

Logan
01-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Awwwww, Joan, that is an adorable picture!!! I don't have any peekaboo pictures, but I'll be on the lookout for some!! I'm so glad to have you posting pictures!!! Just look what we have been missing out on!!!

Logan

aly
01-30-2002, 11:46 PM
I have a peekaboo picture!!!! This is Shiloh when she was a youngin.

(sorry about the quality, I had to take a picture of the picture with my digital camera because I don't have a scanner)

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/6895713_20020131_004241_20020131004241.jpg

yorkster
01-31-2002, 01:14 AM
Jerry and Shiloh are so cute! :rolleyes: :D

Good subject!

Former User
01-31-2002, 01:59 AM
Here Casper and Kitty

http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pictures/.jpg

lynnestankard
01-31-2002, 05:00 AM
AREN'T THEY SWEET!!!!

All these adorable peek-a-boo furkids - more please!!

CasperKitty - Is that Kitty's very own teddy bear?

Don't Jerry and Shiloh look as if they should be advertising something? Just too cute for words.:D

Lynne

Former User
01-31-2002, 05:33 AM
Lynne, it used to be their teddy when they were smaller, but then they got too rough with it, had to rescue the poor teddy. He is sitting on my night table now, and they both give it a go every now and then, just to make sure it won't get dusty :D :D

lynnestankard
01-31-2002, 08:05 AM
Aren't they sooo helpful??:D

I USED to have a snow white polar bear, this of course was = bc (before cats!) now Ketchum has taken over said bear (named Ramsbottom) and this bear is getting filthier by the minute - he does get washed, but Ketchum knows and sulks for days!! He just adores the flipping thing! :confused: :eek: :confused:

Lynne

Former User
01-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Aren't they sooo helpful??:D

Yup, and in so many ways....:D :D :D

Freckles
01-31-2002, 01:19 PM
Peeking OUT qualifies, doesn't it?
http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/jerrypeekout.jpg

Former User
01-31-2002, 03:05 PM
We'll contribute another pic....:D Here's Kitty:

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/33097/curr/7307229_20020131_155912_20020131155912.jpg

AmberLee
01-31-2002, 03:11 PM
I am loving these photos, guys!

yumyum6970
01-31-2002, 03:51 PM
Here is one of Yum Yum when she was a baby peeking thru the blankie :)

NoahsMommy
01-31-2002, 06:03 PM
THESE ARE SO CUTE!!!!

I bet I could have the worst day, and all I would have to do is come here and check out picks of everyones furballs! Cute!!! :D

Here is Noah peeking out of the kitty tent...
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35179/curr/4652835_20020124_175551_20020124175551.jpg

And here's Noel peeking out of the tent as well...
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35179/curr/3637734_20020124_182158_20020124182158.jpg

tatsxxx11
01-31-2002, 06:31 PM
Oh, what beautiful Peek-a-Boo babies!! I know I have some SOMEWHERE! Have to find and scan them in! I want to play!!:)

AmberLee
01-31-2002, 06:47 PM
Noah's Mommy,

Love your tent. Cassy will now allow Livvy to enter ours :rolleyes: -- but only if he's out of the room. So much for getting a 2-cat tent.

I've finally gotten my last roll of film in the shop, so it'll be ... months, sigh ... before I get tent photos taken/processed/posted. Fingers and paws crossed that some of my latest Livvy-on-her-back-with-four-paws-up turn out. In person it was adorable. (Ok, take that with a grain of salt, I'm a besotted mommy.)

NoahsMommy
01-31-2002, 07:07 PM
Amberlee,

They DONT share, the tent is a constant way for them to fight, we have even taken it away for a night. We really have to get another tent! :)

Hey, I sent you a PM regarding up north, did you get it? (It was really long!:D )

Freckles
03-24-2002, 05:50 PM
Here's another picture of Jerry peeking out.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/jerrydrape.jpg

toughCookie
03-24-2002, 06:28 PM
those pics are so sweet! how do you include the pic with the message on here? I have some cute peek-a-boo pics of my cats.

tuxluvr
03-24-2002, 07:34 PM
http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6974/images/th_PJ58i8CoBQIAAClLfog_6974_9.jpg

purrley
03-25-2002, 07:53 AM
Just darling!!!! Love em:)

toughCookie
03-25-2002, 02:50 PM
that pic of ritz is adorable!!!!:D

tuxluvr
03-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by toughCookie
that pic of ritz is adorable!!!!:D

thanks...btw...it was me who sent you an email - was just discussing how to post pictures.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Here are two of Peeking Peanut. :)

This first one in the box would really give Ritzie a run for her money with the "come hither look." Don't you think? ;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p1297212536163dbf9d8f0ef6aa7c7b71/fd6ef720.jpg

The next she is in a bag with Tubby and his slipper looking on in the background.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pebdf7fa7d1fff4b70bfcbb089520d6c7/fd6ef721.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-25-2002, 08:41 PM
And here are two of Tubby. In the first one my mom was making a braided rug, and Tubby liked to help.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pb0e159fb175bfe1c979d9c7836f4c4d0/fd6ef71d.jpg

And the second one is when he is about 2 years old (1988). He liked to jump to the top of my cabinets and watch me from above. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p2007f1b862b4f7f360cfa1fb0185a1ef/fd6ef6e2.jpg

These are all some of the old pictures I dug out.

tuxluvr
03-25-2002, 08:54 PM
The paper bag and the braided rug shots are just priceless!...too too funny

Ritz has always liked bags and boxes too....she used to get inside the big Pepsi boxes, but tries now and has to back out because her behind just has too much "largesse" :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-26-2002, 09:30 AM
I guess I never realized this until the other night, but Peanut really likes boxes. As I was going through the old pictures I found so many of her in boxes I couldn't believe it. I still put boxes out for her when we get them and she always has to investigate, but seems to lose interest a lot quicker than she used to.

The funny thing with Tubby and rugs was that he always got underneath them himself. Braided rugs are kind of a tradition in our family, and he would always play with the edge until he could scoot under. When I had my house in Green Bay, sometimes I wouldn't know where Tubby was, and then I'd notice the lump in the middle of the rug. :rolleyes:

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I guess I never realized this until the other night, but Peanut really likes boxes. As I was going through the old pictures I found so many of her in boxes I couldn't believe it. I still put boxes out for her when we get them and she always has to investigate, but seems to lose interest a lot quicker than she used to.

The funny thing with Tubby and rugs was that he always got underneath them himself. Braided rugs are kind of a tradition in our family, and he would always play with the edge until he could scoot under. When I had my house in Green Bay, sometimes I wouldn't know where Tubby was, and then I'd notice the lump in the middle of the rug. :rolleyes:

I'm constantly amazed at a cat's ability to figure things out. This morning, I am working from home since inclement weather (I thought it was spring??) meant I would spend more time commuting than working, so have modem will conquer!

Anyway, I'm up in my home/office room and decided Ritz might like to look out the window, so I cleared a spot on top of some file cabinets and put her towel on there. Yesterday, I had the towel on the desk next to me and she slept there most of the day while I worked.

She was sitting on the towel looking outside, content, or so I thought. She then proceeded to pick up the corner of the towel with her teeth and drag it away...I'm thinking, ok, she wants to sit on the cold file cabinet? No, she then picks up the towel and jumps off onto the floor with it...(not too gracefully, she was standing on it too and Ritz and the towel sort of tumbled into a heap on the floor.

Then, she starts dragging the towel over to where I was sitting and stared at me...I couldn't figure it out. My spouse then told me "She wants back up on the desk with you"...sure enough--she just couldn't figure out how to jump up with this big towel in her mouth!

What goes on inside those furry little faces!

purrley
03-26-2002, 09:59 AM
:D :D they know what they want and they get what they want:D :D :D

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 10:00 AM
I also remember a time when Ritz wiggled her way under a big bath towel that was on the floor. We were having morning coffee and this "green terry cloth ghost" came ambling into the room.....silly kitty

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-26-2002, 10:10 AM
Oh my! Ritzie is such a smart kitty! And she wants to be near her mom and help her mom work. Isn't that sweet. :)

Terry works from home quite often, and Peanut can't wait to run up the stairs and go to work with him. :rolleyes: She'll lay near him the whole time he's at his desk - except for maybe an hour or so when she disappears and it's serious naptime.

Ritz was probably happy in the window for a bit, but then it became serious naptime and she wanted something a little more safe, secure and closer to mom. :)

I'm always amazed and how smart kitties are.

toughCookie
03-26-2002, 10:20 AM
here's a pic of Muffin peeking out of the kitty tree.

:D

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 10:26 AM
Congrats on posting a pic....your kitty is a cutie

AmberLee
03-26-2002, 10:34 AM
Sweet picture of muffin!

Ritzie sounds like a genius cat compared to my two! Wow!!!

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Sweet picture of muffin!

Ritzie sounds like a genius cat compared to my two! Wow!!!

LOL....genius is a stretch - for every one of these moments, she has others....she will get into the bathroom by shoving her girth against the door, but if it is partially shut once she is inside (still open about an inch) she cannot for the life of her figure out how to make the door go the other way....she just keeps pushing on it, and gets this confused look when it doesn't do her bidding.

Ritz is, however, one of the most "in tune" cats with which I've ever shared my home. I think it is because we got her as a newly weaned kitten and we have no other cats - and we interact with her constantly. She isn't clingy, but does follow us from room to room. When the phone rings, she goes over and puts her paws on it, then meows between rings until it's answered...greets us at the door, and puts her two front paws up when she wants to be held. (come to think of it, all of this has more to do with the human being obvservant enough to read the signals, not the cat being smart enough to send them) ;) ;)

So, as purrley said, they know what they want and they get what they want...probably their most intelligent effort is knowing when to con the "big hairless biped cats" into doing it for them. :D

wolflady
03-26-2002, 12:08 PM
LOL LOL I got a chuckle out of this topic!! I swear cats do things like this on purpose because they KNOW it's cute and that it will drive us nuts! LOL
Here's one of Marius playing Hide-N-Seek...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-26-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
I swear cats do things like this on purpose because they KNOW it's cute and that it will drive us nuts! LOL

LOL I agree! Sometimes (more like usually) when we're having dinner, Peanut will saunter into the livingroom (where we can still see her) and roll over on her back and tuck her front legs in, leaving her tummy hanging out, looking at us upside down. I swear it's her way of saying "See how cute I am and how empty my poor tummy is? Can't you give me just one little tidbit?" :rolleyes:

Needless to say her daddy sometimes (more like usually) falls for it. :rolleyes:

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

saunter into the livingroom (where we can still see her) and roll over on her back and tuck her front legs in, leaving her tummy hanging out, looking at us upside down. I swear it's her way of saying "See how cute I am and how empty my poor tummy is? http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6974/images/th_PJvhr8CoBQIAADlFs9U_6974_7.jpg

Oh, yeah, I can relate!

Freckles
03-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Tuxlover's story about Ritz in her home/office reminded me of this picture of Freckles.
http://home.sprintmail.com/~jwalborn/_uimages/frecklesunder.JPG

AmberLee
03-26-2002, 03:32 PM
I was looking at your office photo wondering why you had posted it when I saw Freckles. I actually jumped out of my chair and yelped. What a surprise! Great photo. What a clever little cubbyhole finder your sweetie is.

Heh, heh, heh! :D :cool:

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 03:40 PM
QUOTE FROM T&P'S MOM...Ritz was probably happy in the window for a bit, but then it became serious naptime and she wanted something a little more safe, secure and closer to mom.

SERIOUS nap time! See pic from this morning....

MOM PUULLEEASE, put that flash away, I'm trying to sleep!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Yep, that looks pretty serious! :D

Sometimes Tubby sleeps so sound that not only will he not respond when I talk to him, he won't even budge when I touch him! And he always acknowledges my touch either by lifting his head, flipping his tail or making that little sound in his throat. That's when I like to get him to give him his daily pill. That way it's down his throat before he even knows what's going on. :cool: Then he just gives me this look like "What do you want?" and puts his head back down.

I forgot who said it earlier, but "silly kitty" explains soooo much. :)

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 05:21 PM
t&p

Yes, ritz sleeps like the dead sometimes too----can't rouse her and you are right, normally even the lightest touch elicits a little "trill"....

You can't tell from the picture because she is mostly black, but her paw is over her mouth and face.....like "go away"...a lot of times she will stretch and change positions in sleep, then takes both front paws and puts them over her face...I can never quite catchit on camera.....

I should probably stop posting - this website is starting to look like Ritzysdomain.com :) don't want to wear out my welcome. :D :eek:

tuxluvr
03-26-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Tuxlover's story about Ritz in her home/office reminded me of this picture of Freckles.

Freckles!! What a beauty....isn't it amazing how they pick the TINIEST cubby to poke themselves into?

toughCookie
03-27-2002, 01:31 AM
:D :D :)
that pic of Marius is darling!! all the kitties on here are, but that pic reminds me of my Cookie, I have a similar pic of her in almost the same pose....when I find it I will post it. I have added to my webpage if anyone wants to see it.

http://hometown.aol.com/mytwocatsmc/myhomepage/petmemorial.html

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2002, 09:52 AM
NO WAY! You WILL keep posting pictures of Ritzie. :D

They are always so adorable, although it is true that she is so black that sometimes it's hard to see exactly what she's up to. :)

Peanut is the one who covers her head and face with her paws. It's like "Can't you people see I am trying to sleep here!!!" :rolleyes: She just looks so cute though that I have to go over and smooch on her (which she hates too) and then she has to completely re-settle in. Life is so tough having to put up with us humans. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Harley
03-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Here's a pic of Jazz looking out from under pattern tissue:

toughCookie
03-28-2002, 07:40 PM
I love that picture of Jazz! it is darling. reminds me of Cookie, and Muffin, how they love/loved to hide under paper, or attack some toy I threw under the paper.especially packing paper! I would crumble it up then smooth it out again, and they played with it for the longest time til it was just in shreds! I will have to see if thelma and Louise like it.

I hope you don't stop posting pics of ritz! I am probably the one who posts too many pics, I have so many of them, I am a little camera crazy :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Harley
Here's a pic of Jazz looking out from under pattern tissue:

Aaahhhh...another little helper. Kitties are always such good helpers. :rolleyes:

Cute picture! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-28-2002, 09:42 PM
R O T F L
LOL LOL LOL
......that pic of Jazz is SOOOOOOOOOOO funny............... he looks like he is on some GOOD CATNIP....

Former User
03-29-2002, 08:28 AM
Hey, Kitty here! Can I come out? Did the evil hoover go away already?

tuxluvr
03-29-2002, 09:53 AM
TOO CUTE, KITTY! I loved the Jazz....loooks our friend Scooter....kind of that 'Marty Feldman Eyes" look! :D

toughCookie
03-30-2002, 12:18 AM
Kitty looks so much like the twins, Thelma and Louise! they are really coming around, and the mischief is beginning... Thelma is the braver of the 2. she likes to bite my feet and ankles.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-30-2002, 12:23 AM
C&K,,,,,,,,,
you have some of the best pics................... kitty is soooo cute
:D :)

Former User
03-31-2002, 03:40 PM
Here's Casper coming out from under the sheets....

LoudLou
03-31-2002, 03:48 PM
OOOH! Does Casper play "Smoothe-The-Wrinkles" too! Every time our Mama makes the bed we play "Smoothe-The-Wrinkles" she laughs even though it takes her twice as long when we help.:rolleyes: :D

Former User
03-31-2002, 03:51 PM
yeah, I get all the help I need from them when I do the bed...they think they need to help me to keep the blanket down and they hang on it :rolleyes:

Randi
04-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Here's one of Fister - hiding after coming bach from the vet.

http://www.netSnapShot.com/users/6765/images/th_PKnLSsCoBQIAAClRxvE_6765_17.jpeg

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-02-2002, 12:17 PM
Here's Tinky's peek-a-boo shot............

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/th_PKl2jMCoBQIAACll580_7030_19.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Here's one of Fister - hiding after coming bach from the vet.

Awww...poor Fister must have been so scared. He doesn't seem like the scaredy type, but after reading the story of how you got him, I'm not surprised he was scared by the ride in the car and all the white coats.

Great picture. :D

And Tinky is sooo cute. I just love all the kitten pictures. When do we get to see Jupiter? :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-02-2002, 02:25 PM
When do we get to see Jupiter?
Soon I hope, I just need to finish this roll of film and put the pics on a disc.......... I guess I need to get the camera and chase them around some huh?!?!?:D :D

toughCookie
04-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Here's Cookie's peek-a-boo picture

Ila
04-02-2002, 04:20 PM
These are all so cute!! Great pics!! :) I don't really have any of Misty like that

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Here is Livvy in the cat tent: (If I've done this right?)

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Again, if I've done this right: (well, sideways...)

Ila
04-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
Here is Livvy in the cat tent: (If I've done this right?)
Did you get your furry baby in Ohio I double take everytime I see your pictures!! We have beautiful babies don't we!!:)

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 06:57 PM
I've got to honestly admit that I believe Misty and Livvy are breath-takingly beautiful cats. :) Whether I'm on oath, or not! ;)

Livvy is from California's central valley, at the foot of the Mother Lode area. Genetically they probably aren't close kin, but they are strikingly similar in features, aren't they?

I think Misty's cheek poofs (what is the right name for this area in a cat?) are more pronounced than Livvy's, and suspect that Livvy's ears are more close together, but especially in profile they are very much alike.

Livvy's eyes are Thompson Grape green. What color are Misty's?

Ila
04-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Misty's eyes are very green. She knows how to use them when she wants something to.

Ila
04-12-2002, 11:29 AM
I was going through pictures of when Misty was a baby and I found a shot of her hiding under a stand. She could not get under that stand today she is to fat. Just thought I would share it with you.

AmberLee
04-12-2002, 01:40 PM
She had strikingly good looks even as a kitten. How sweeeeeeeeeeet!

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2002, 02:02 AM
Here's a picture of Sunny peeking out of his kitty tree. He just woke up from his nap.

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2002, 02:04 AM
Here's another one of Sunny peeking out of his kitty tree.