PDA

View Full Version : Oh, No!!!

Katiesmom
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
I think my monitor is sick its flickering/moving and I have tried everything to make it stop and nothing is working I even updated the driver:( and its doing nothing but getting worse! This is the last thing I need:mad: Its a LCD monitor too, shoot I can't afford another one of these, I traded my old in for this one and once you have a LCD you don't want to go back to a standard monitor:( Oh, what is one to do:( ?

PJ's Mom
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Have you checked to be sure that your cable is firmly connected?

Katiesmom
05-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Yup, tried that and it is fine:(

PJ's Mom
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Have you recently changed any of your video settings, or installed a new program that might've done it?
:confused:

Katiesmom
05-19-2005, 07:00 PM
No i didn't change any video settings and I did install a new program about around the time my monitor got sick but uninstalled it today and its still doing it so I don't think thats it either:( :confused: ...I don't think I know how to change any video settings anyways:o

PJ's Mom
05-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Just because you uninstall a program doesn't mean it's all gone. Some programs leave pesky little files behind that can wreak havoc on your system. :(

LorraineO
05-19-2005, 08:06 PM
hubby wants to know what type of flickering are you getting? LCDs are not supposed to flicker,,,, is it under warrenty? He says it could also be your power supply....

schteve_d
05-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I had this same problem a few days ago.......pulled the cover off my computer and found that every cooling area was filled with.......Guess what?..........Dog hair...........cleaned it all and all was back to normal in about ten minutes. It could also be that your video card is about to give up, it's not necessarily the monitor (video cards are pretty cheap these days).

Katiesmom
05-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
hubby wants to know what type of flickering are you getting? LCDs are not supposed to flicker,,,, is it under warrenty? He says it could also be your power supply....

I really don't know how to explain it...at first when I turn it on it like a little wavy( i really don't know how to explain it) and after it has been on for a bit it starts to flicker and I really don't know how to explain how its flickering, it just like its jumping, oh I don't know its hard to explain, well for me it is:o

Katiesmom
05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by schteve_d
I had this same problem a few days ago.......pulled the cover off my computer and found that every cooling area was filled with.......Guess what?..........Dog hair...........cleaned it all and all was back to normal in about ten minutes. It could also be that your video card is about to give up, it's not necessarily the monitor (video cards are pretty cheap these days).

I'll try cleaning the inside up and see if that works:) How do you know if your video card is about to give out? I have had this computer for about 4yrs and hadn't changed the video card!

Edit: Ok I just cleaned it out and it didn't work :(

LorraineO
05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Its most likely your video card then,,, Take it in to a computer shop and have them look it over.....

is the monitor still under warrenty tho?

caseysmom
05-20-2005, 12:22 PM
I had a fan next to mine and it caused that problem.

Katiesmom
05-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by LorraineO
Its most likely your video card then,,, Take it in to a computer shop and have them look it over.....

is the monitor still under warrenty tho?

Nope I don't think so, I didn't buy a warranty so unless it came with ine I don't think I have any warranty:(