PDA

View Full Version : Livvy tizzy

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Apparently the only trouble last night was a mommy flipping out, but ... here is the tale of my Livvy Tizzy last night. (She was and is fine. I was a nervous wreck and still twitch a bit, but sadly none of my coworkers notice anything different about me. :( :o )

:eek: Last night I turned in a little early and Livvy joined me in bed. She was on my chest and we had a little cuddle session: ear rubbies, cheek and chin chuckies, forehead massage ... she was purring up a storm and nudging my fingers to where she wanted rubbies next and we were both having a very good time. Suddenly, whilst doing a joint cheek/forehead rubbie manuover, her head froze in position and her jaw dropped and her left eye lid kind of gave a 'twitter' motion but seemed incapable of opening. I PANICKED! Thought I'd somehow damaged a nerve and maybe blinded my baby. Ran around trying to toss some clothes on/ chuck her into her carry-case/portoprison/ find the emergency vet number (posted on the refrigerator, but did I remember this in the panic of the moment??). :eek: :o Suddenly I realized that both her eyes were fine (although she was staring at her crazy mommy in much alarm). Let her out and we went back to bed. Asked around at work today. A couple more experienced with cats types said this isn't uncommon: it's rather like rubbing a dog's spine and getting an automatic scratch motion from his/her leg.

Whew! Have you ever gotten an automatic eye lid twitch when scritching your baby?

aly
01-30-2002, 06:59 PM
I have never heard of this at all. I will be interested to read other people's replies who know about this. I'm glad it was nothing to worry about!

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 08:30 PM
Actually, it's a relief you said that. I've never noticed it previously either and was feeling so dim that I've missed it... I was very worried about her, but it lasted maybe a minute, maximum? :confused:

After it was over she didn't seem to have any memory of anything wrong except my panicking? Seems odd.

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 08:50 PM
I've never heard of it either but I'm glad it didn't last long and wasn't harmful!!!!

lynnestankard
02-01-2002, 04:14 AM
I've never heard of it AmberLee - but I'm so glad that Livvy and her Mummy (!) are now fine. :)

Lynne

AmberLee
02-01-2002, 12:56 PM
You've hit the big 1-0-0!!! Welcome to 'Citizenhood'!

Thanks -- I'm very relieved myself. (How did that happen? What was it? :eek: :rolleyes: Kind of wish my fur-babies weren't quite so mysterious!)

lynnestankard
02-02-2002, 12:02 PM
AMBERLEE!!!

Wow and I never noticed - thanks for pointing that out - whoo-whoo a real citizen eh? :D :D

Lynne

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2002, 03:43 PM
AmberLee....I don't think I would be too concerned. Although I often rant about anthropomorphism, this may be a time for it. After all, ahem...I can think of some times when involuntary muscle reactions occur as a result of intense physical "attention."

So I am not sure whether to hope Livvy does not have this reaction again or whether to hope she does!:D :eek:

purrley
02-05-2002, 08:26 AM
Amberlee - I haven't experienced this type of problem with my kitties, but I can sure relate to the panic when you think something is wrong with your furbabies, there is nothing like it - so scary - glad everything is OK:)