PDA

View Full Version : Juni-get-down ruins it for everyone!

sasvermont
05-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Just a little update. I am sorry I have no photos.

Last weekend I noticed that JuniRose aka Juni-get-down, was trying her best to undo a section of screening on my 40' X 10' front porch. I re-screened it last spring, so it hadn't had that many months of wear and tear - until now.

Monday morning as I was leaving for work I looked up (I live on the second floor) and what did I see but Ms. Juni sitting on the OUTSIDE ledge of the porch, just as proud as could be.....happy as a lark and a portion of the screen was torn - but at the very top. I immediately went back inside to get her in and she promptly crawled up the outside of the screen, over the top portion and back down the inside....like she did it every day....maybe she had been doing for days on end and I just never caught her.

She did this three times after I repaired the screen - and then once I had discouraged her from that spot by putting plexiglass over the area, she moved on to a new section but didn't have quite the easy time of it. She ended up getting stranded at the top, half in and half out, hanging there...... quite the acrobat that Juni-get-down. I finally gave up. No more porch time until I figure things out.

So, to make a long story short, I must re-visit the screening and approach it from an entirely different standpoint. I have put out some feelers for industrial strength screening......might go with aluminum since it is less expensive. Now that Juni has figured out that digging at the screening will make it give way, she will force me to buy expensive material. She has spring fever I am afraid, and now that she has discovered her power of digging and getting free............it won't end for her.

No cats have been on the porch now for days......they are driving each other crazy! And I will be admitted with them, if I don't do something soon!

Anyone want to buy a cat? She is for sale. $20.00. She loves to climb on high things....up curtains....sits on top of clothes trees.....scales the clothes in my closets to reach the very top.....she sits on tops of all my doors....even tries when the doors are closed. Go figure. She also bites noses and slobbers on you at the same time. Quite the deal.

PM if you want her.

King Spartacus
05-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Mamma says Juni sounds like a real treasure!!! Just like me before I was allowed outside... my fave was emptying the bin all over the floor... several times a day! I use to rip DOWN the curtains... oh the fun!!! I might later on today, as it's raining outside, and I'm refusing to go outside! Ergo: I'll go crazy inside!!!

catnapper
05-19-2005, 08:08 AM
I might go as high as $25 for her! ;) Those Abys are a wonderful kind of cat. I have the same little problem with my porch. I just have up and let them out, but only when I'm around to scold them when they decide to roam where they shouldn;t be.

catmandu
05-19-2005, 08:52 AM
She sounds,as though she would be ideal,for The Found Cat Hotel,as the funrnishings,are worn in,to put the most positive light,on things,that,I can.She sounds like One Fun Cat,and I bet,that she would fit,in here,very well,but I know,that with all,the Trouble,Juni,is Your Cat,and You Love Her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/rocca.jpg

kimlovescats
05-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey, I'll give you $50.00 for her!!!:eek: :D ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-19-2005, 09:23 AM
What a lively girl JuniRose sounds! Never a dull moment at your house.

I'm sure her auntie Barbara will bid for her. :D

Barbara
05-19-2005, 09:24 AM
I'll pay 60 plus the flight.

I miss Juni kisses and our balcony netting is really really tough.:)

Can I get Chloe and her for 100?:D :D :D

(Which doesn't mean I wouldn't like Miley too;) )

Look at the posting time: Killearn Kitties read my mind:D

Edwina's Secretary
05-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Sigh....welcome to my world. It's Eddie. He has already torn the expensive new screen doors we bought for the french door (which we bought so the E's could enjoy the fresh air....really!)

Yesterday he escaped three times. Twice I had to climb into the green belt to get him (wondering about snakes and other SoCal wildlife.) Now he slides the kitchen screen door open! Lays on his back and opens it!

I have in front of me Drs. Foster and Smith "Just for Cats" catalog open to the page on training aids.

I feel your pain but I think one escape artist is enough for me.

:D

kittycats_delight
05-19-2005, 09:59 AM
LMAO....OMg she sounds like my little terrorist Vixen as my husband so lovingly calls her. She can be a trial sometimes but when she is good and relaxing after going mad pawpie always says" You are too cute...I love you, you know" whereas 5 minutes before he was ready to strangle her. LOL

You just gotta love kitties like these they keep your life hopping.

Logan
05-19-2005, 11:23 AM
This is one of those times when I am grateful that my cats are indoor/outdoor cats. They don't destroy anything to get where they need to be.

For some reasons, Sallyanne, I always thought you were in a house, not on the 2nd floor! Juni is definitely the acrobat, isn't she??

I'd take her in a heartbeat, but I don't think she would take kindly to being the only one that couldn't come and go as she pleases. LOL!!!

Logan

sasvermont
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Logan, I am in a house, and have the second floor. I manage the building, do the yard work etc. The apartment I have is 1/2 of the house with lots of storage and garage space as well. A friend of mine owns the building. I have lived here for years, paying little in rent. I do all of my own maintenance etc. The cats have enjoyed the porch and have been safe from any unwanted visitors etc. But now that Juni has discovered her talent in screen destruction, I may have to disallow the porch time for them all!

Vermontcat
05-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Ooh Ooh! I'll take Juni!
I know where you live, hee hee.:D

It sounds like Junigetdown is living up to her name.;)

Sas, are you interested in going to a PT meeting in NH on the 27th?
No Aby cats involved, just 10 golden puppies which sounds pretty calm compared to your house and your circus cats.;)

If you can't make it down on the 27th then maybe I can come visit sometime in June and get lots of new photos of your campers.
I have a new camera and I need to try it out on a variety of new subjects.:)

Barbara
05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Zoe: Sas has not reacted to my offer and I'm ready to go higher:D

jenluckenbach
05-19-2005, 12:47 PM
What a silly girl! :D

sasvermont
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Barbara and friends:

I have done my calculation using all of the factors, such as the cost of vet bills/screening/loss of use of the porch and last but not least, the initial cost of the cat aka Juni and have come to a total cost of $79.99 plus or minus air fare. So Zoe, you may want to bid a little higher than Barbara.....and come get her.

Of course, you all know that I am kidding. She is driving me crazy, but I love her furry little face sooooooooooooo.

And Zoe, I will think about the NH thing....it is over Memorial Day and I do have plans...just not sure which days etc.

SAS

Logan
05-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a perfect situation, Sallyanne! :) Thanks for the explanation. I fI had ever come to visit you, I would know that, wouldn't I?

If Barbara can come from Germany, seems like I could make the trip from SC! :o

Juni Rose, if you think you could live with Butter, my doors are always open. ;)

Barbara
05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Logan, if you ever go to visit Sas make sure you use the bathroom. In that case, Juni is likely to sit on the sink and nibble your nose while you sit too:D

Sas, I'll pay 80 Euro :D And Logan: as far as Butter is concerned maybe he'd like to come too;)