PDA

View Full Version : Family planning lawsuit over gator attack!

gemini9961
05-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Is this really necessary??? Suing the state (FWC) because the guy got gobbled up by a gator to me seems ridiculous. Granted the gator was menacing and had been reported but to then stand on the edge of the lake and get eaten up by it, c'mon don't stand by the water if ya know the gator is in there. I think the family is just looking for some money in their time of grief. I live in FL and let me tell you, I hate gators. I don't go near lakes, ponds, etc where gators could be living. And they also mentioned that people might be been feeding the gator, well duh, don't feed the gator because he then associates people with food and then people start to look tasty. It's against the law in FL to feed gators. I can't feel sorry for these people because they knew it was in there and they proceeded to get to close to the water and big ol' gator had himself a tasty treat. I have nightmares about gators chasing me and getting me, so I steer plenty clear of the water around here. For the whole story, here is the link.
http://baynews9.com/content/36/2005/5/18/81822.html

QueenScoopalot
05-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Maybe they should also sue the developers that leveled the area to build the house they live in. And the builders who built their home so close to the alligator. :rolleyes: Heaven forbid any tiny piece of land should be left undeveloped for human use! :eek: Screw the gators and Florida panthers etc. that were there first, as human interests always seem to come first. :( Frivolous lawsuit to use up taxpayers $$$ too. :rolleyes:

moosmom
05-19-2005, 10:07 AM
What QueenScoopAlot just said!!!! The gators were here LONG before they developed the property.