PDA

View Full Version : Please say a HUGE prayer for Red

Logan
01-30-2002, 04:38 PM
I am participating in a HUGE Golden Transport over the weekend, moving about 7 dogs from a high kill shelter in Atlanta, GA to a Golden Retriever rescue group in Delaware. It is a three day, multi car transport. One of the boys, Red, is in Gainesville, GA and is scheduled to be put down tomorrow. He is one year old, and full blooded Golden. They will not hold him an additional day for any amount of money. I just found out this bit of news a few minutes ago and have emailed everyone possible to tell them that I will go get him first thing in the morning. It is about a 2 hr drive each way, but well worth it if his life can be spared. I'm waiting to hear back.

Please pray for Red and that I won't be too late.........

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 05:01 PM
{{{Logan, Red}}},

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck. May the roads be clear and the weather good.

Logan
01-30-2002, 06:18 PM
One down and one to go.

They have found someone close by to get Red in the morning. The arrangements have been made. A second male Golden is in Griffin, Georgia, south of Atlanta. He is almost 4 hours from here, so my chances of being able to go there are slim as it would take a whole day for me and I have other obligations here. Hopefully, someone will step up and get him out by 4:30 on Friday. Keep those prayers going, folks. This is nervewracking and so upsetting.

Logan

AdoreMyDogs
01-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Oh Logan and Red :( What are all those goldens doing in such a nasty shelter :( It breaks my heart :(

On the happier note, I am SO glad someone came to rescue Red. I wonder why they were so strict about putting him to sleep, regardless of how much effort was being put into keeping him there another day so they could transport him to someplace better. That's horrid of that shelter! Shame on them for not even trying to help in any way with that golden boy. At least he's out of there and on his way to a happier life!

Logan, I wish the best for you and those goldens stuck at a nasty, high-kill shelter. You're such a WONDERFUL person!

Sudilar
01-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Big time prayers coming the way of those poor pups!!! And a hats off to you, Logan for helping them out!! :)

Gio
01-31-2002, 06:16 AM
I will pray as hard as I can, things like this upset me so much. I really wish I could help. :( :(

C.C.'s Mom
01-31-2002, 10:05 AM
We're thinking of you here as well. I wished we could do something as well.

I'm happy that there are no kill-shelters here.

aly
01-31-2002, 11:24 AM
I am praying for the safe placement of every one of the dogs into rescue. Please keep us updated. I know we'll all be on pins and needles. Great news about Red though.

Logan
01-31-2002, 12:03 PM
I'll be sure to give you all a full run down of the transport and hopefully pictures too, eventually! Might not be able to take pictures if I have too many!! I've asked a friend to ride along, just in case I need help. My part is only 60 miles, so this will be the shortest rescue run I have ever done. I do have to drive about 30-40 miles to get them, then the 60, then 30 miles back home. It will be well worth it, I promise!!!

Logan

Sudilar
01-31-2002, 01:34 PM
Logan, you are an angel!! Good luck and good weather!

tatsxxx11
01-31-2002, 07:36 PM
Be safe Logan...So relieved to hear about Red....Now, we have to pray that someone will come to the resuce for Griffin!!! We had a "relinquish" today at work. A beautiful, 9 year old Golden girl named Molly. Her Dad had to give her up as he is alone and has suffered now 2 strokes. He hoped we could help to place her through our Golden resuce connections. He does not want her to go to a shelter. She was SO frightened this morning. It took me 20 minutes to coax her out of her crate, and then she bolted to find a way out. By the end of the day she was better. But seeing her lift her paw to shake was so pitiful. She is so sad and lonely and wants her Dad. I thought of you and your "need" for another. I don't think though that even you could manage a drive up to Mass.! We will place her with GR, and hopefully, just the right family will come along. It's always the seniors and "special needs" ones that get to my heart most of all. Well, you be safe and God's speed to you and your precious cargo. Bless you Red, Griffin and all!!! Help is on the way!!

AdoreMyDogs
02-07-2002, 08:28 PM
Do you know how Red is doing? Last I heard he was headed to the vets for some health issues. I hope he's OK. I have been thinking about him and hoping that he got all cleared up and he's ready to go up for adoption again. Do you know what was wrong with his health anyway? Is it something that he can be cured of? I sure hope so. I really have been thinking about him and hoping he's on the road to recovery.

Let us know when you are back from Helen's choir weekend, if you know. I sure do hope the news is good though. I feel real drawn towards the poor fella :(

mugsy
02-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Good for you Logan!! I haven't done any traveling yet for rescue. I'm glad Red got adopted and I am praying really hard for Griffin. I don't understand people who are willing to dump their dogs at shelters or out in the country or in an alley in the city to fend for themselves, then the shelters get the bad rap for being forced to put the animals down because there are just too many of them. Our shelter takes in over 900 animals a month, so you can imagine how many have to be put down because of stupid people. I'm definitely not in favor of killing them, but I sure don't have the answers to fix the problem other than educating people on how to take care of their pets and make them understand that it is a lifetime relationship and you can't just divorce your animal. Good luck on your trip Logan!!