PDA

View Full Version : What to do????

gemini9961
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I have been looking at this beautiful girl for about 2 weeks now. I really like her. My dilemma you ask???? Well I know everyone on her is gonna say "get her, get her" and the Fiance said I could, but......I have this voice in the back of my head that says "you don't need 3 dogs." I have 2 little ones now, weight wise, 25lbs and 8lbs. This new girl would need different food, different needs, everything would be different with a larger dog. Meds would be more, vet bills would be more. I don't know what to do. I want another dog but when I get the okay from him, I chicken out. What is my problem?? It is me telling me that it's really not the right time for another dog?? Hope this link works so you all can see her pic. My Dad had a GSD when I was a kid. Any helpful advice would be great as I am in a pickle here. I really don't want to get another dog on a whim and I know if I went to the shelter I would probably not be able to walk out of there without her. Ahhhhh....how would I be able to have my parents watch 3 of my dogs when I am out of town??? This is terrible!!

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4387523&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=428bf1fc2efe7fb5-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Oggyflute
05-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Your going to provide a needy pup with a good home. That's motivation enough. I was a bit undecided about getting a third, but I'm sure glad I did.:)

gemini9961
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Your going to provide a needy pup with a good home. That's motivation enough. I was a bit undecided about getting a third, but I'm sure glad I did.:)

Perhaps I will call the shelter and find out more info about her. Is she housebroken, is she crate trained (if she's not it's no big deal), her health history, etc. I am just completely confused!! :(

Edit: I keep thinking if she has been there for these couple of weeks, maybe it's meant to be. She is after all a pure bred at least that's what Petfinder says. I would have thought someone would have grabbed her up already.

sammy101
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
i was really worried about getting a 2nd.I was so worried that Kodie would feel left out and what not.But im happy that we got another one.Do whatever feels right to you:)
she's a beautiful girl!:D

Christiansmommy
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, it's good that you are looking at the pros and cons. You wouldn't want to do something that might be too much for you in the long run. Maybe it isn't meant to be. But i would say that if she is still there in another week or so, then maybe it is meant to be...that's a toughy.

Think it over long and hard, as i am sure you are...dogs are a life long responsibilty, as we all know. The out of town thing with your parents watching your dogs...if that might pose problems, maybe right now isn't the time. Hmmm, i guess I really am a mom, lol...i am sure sounding like one ;)

Good Luck with your decision!

Robyn

gemini9961
05-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Bump

anna_66
05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
I have to say I understand exactly where you are coming from.

Having three dogs definately has it's pros and cons, expecially when it's raining and you have 12 feet to clean instead of only 8;) But then again you have three dogs to make you smile:D

I'm glad your thinking long and hard about this. It definately is a big responsibility. Just do what you feel is right, follow your heart. I'm sure it will lead you in the right direction:)

LorraineO
05-20-2005, 09:47 AM
she is a beautiful girl,, but go with your guts,,,,,, you dont want more heartache in the end..... youll know when the time is right....