PDA

View Full Version : Innova Dog Food

Christiansmommy
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I know this topic has been discussed before...but i thought I would ask anyway:p

Who here uses Innova? And what are your experiences with it? Good? Bad?

I had Dale on Nutro Lamb and Rice, b/c he was a picky eater and it worked for him...

I used to feed Chicken Soup to Dale, but he had loose stools. I loved the ingredients, but had to switch.

So I was thinking about trying Harlee on that, but then I saw the Innova, and it also has great ingredients, and is a bit more expensive...but what i really liked was the fact that they don't need nearly as much cup for cup as they do with the chicken soup and nutro. And i like that, b/c the less bulk in her stomach the better, since Swissie's are prone to bloat...the less fillers the better, IMO. I also am going to do a part raw diet...and she is getting veggies each day.

Sorry to be so long winded...so if you have used Innova, can you tell me about it? Stool volume? consistency? SOrry, but it is kinda neccessary to know :)

Thanks.
Robyn

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I haven't used Innova, but I use a brand made by the same parent company. It is called California Natural, and Sadie and Spot have done wonderfully on it. Sadie is the bigger of the two, and she gets 4 cups a day, although she rarely eats it all.

That food was too rich for Cincy...her body could not process it properly which led to bladder infections, but that shouldn't be a common problem.

I don't know if you remember Leslie (AdoreMyDogs), but she fed Graham and Kersey Innvoa, combined with a whole grain meal (it was like oatmeal consistency, I don't remember the brand) and a small amount of raw meat. They seemed to like and do well on it.

Shelteez2
05-18-2005, 07:40 PM
I feed Innova Evo...which isn't recommended for a large breed pup (fine for large breed adults though) but before that I fed just the regular Innova.

My dogs have done really well on it. They love the food. Their coats are great, small firm stool. What more could you want? lol

I've heard of some dogs finding Innova too rich for them...in that case people generally recommend trying California Natural which isn't supposed to be as rich.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

caseysmom
05-19-2005, 10:02 AM
I also use california natural chicken and rice because casey doesn't tolerate lamb. It has less ingredients than innova for picky tummies. Poops are nice and small...casey is on the low cal version bubba is on the puppy version.

aly
05-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Innova is great! I've used it and only have good things to say about it. It produces healthy poops from my dogs too :o ;) I always recommend it to people, and everyone that I've heard from has had good results too.

Logan
05-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Robyn, I have only used California Natural, but Innova is made by the same company and I totally trust that product to be great for our dogs.
Logan

Dixieland Dancer
05-20-2005, 02:38 PM
I fed Dixie Innova for years. I even weaned all of her pups onto Innova. I really researched food for quite a while and found it hard to beat the quality ingredients in Innova. However when Dusty was about 1 he was diagnosed with allergies. Since I didn't have him tested immediately, we tried different allergy formulas of different foods. Nothing seemed to help. Then he was tested and it was found it wasn't food related. He is allergic to molds, certain types of grasses and rag weeds. :eek:

The only downside to Innova I seen is that it tends to be bland and some dogs (especially finicky eaters) turn their nose up too it. It does produce very small poops and is very good for the dogs digestive tract. If you start on Innova, don't feed anything else that may be flavored with seasoning and other yummy tasting things so your pup won't miss those tastes.

KYS
05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Dixieland Dancer:The only downside to Innova I seen is that it tends to be bland and some dogs (especially finicky eaters) turn their nose up too it. >>>>>>>>

That was my problem.
Both dogs loved it in the beginning than
they lost interest and I switched to Canidae.

Innova is an excellent food.

clara4457
05-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I love Innova, especially with large breed dogs. It has the supplements that can help prevent joint problems that are needed with large breed dogs. The one objection I have is that is is very rich and if you have a dog with digestive problems, it can be a little to rich for them.

I had Leo on it for a short while, but he has a sensitive stomach and it gave him the runs. I now have him on Eagle Pack holistic. My sister has GSD's and swears by it. She had a dog with allergies and hip dysplasia and and swears it prolonged his life.

NoahsMommy
05-21-2005, 02:49 AM
I feed my cats the Innova wet and am really pleased with it. Anything that settles well with my IBD cat, Micah, is a good thing.

:)