PDA

View Full Version : Moooommmm, can I keep them?! lol

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 01:32 PM
Found these guys at Aly's shelter's link...aren't they cuties?!

http://www.austinspca.com/images/adopt/pets/cats/HSOA006689A.jpg

http://www.austinspca.com/images/adopt/pets/cats/HSOA006759A.jpg

http://www.austinspca.com/images/adopt/pets/cats/HSOA006472A.jpg

http://www.austinspca.com/images/adopt/pets/cats/HSOA006469A.jpg Look at those WHITE whiskers!

And this one is for Spencer...
http://www.austinspca.com/images/adopt/pets/cats/HSOA006755A.jpg

Former User
01-30-2002, 01:39 PM
Oh dear, aren't they cute! And the second one looks exactly like Casper!

And btw, I want them all too!!!! :D :D :D :D

aly
01-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Well ANY of you Pet Talkers are welcome at our shelter any day! Be warned, I'll make ya leave with more than ya came in for :D

Tonya you need to take a road trip. I think Sophie girl wants a feline friend!

ramanth
01-30-2002, 02:40 PM
AAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I want them all!

sasvermont
01-30-2002, 03:23 PM
I could never work at an animal shelter. I would have to bring 9/10 of the furry devils home with me each day. It would break my heart day in and day out to see so many without a home. I can't even go to PetsMart because my heart breaks when I see the pets on display, even though I know they have a good chance for adoption being there. Really, just yesterday I drove past PetsMart and couldn't stop. Didn't want the heart ache. Can you imagine if I worked with CHILDREN TOO! I am never tempted to take a lawyer home....that's who/what I work with each day. LOL!;)

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I am never tempted to take a lawyer home....

HA HA HA!!
:D :D :D :D

ramanth
01-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I am never tempted to take a lawyer home....that's who/what I work with each day. LOL!;)

LMAO!!! I work with them too!!! :D

And I'm never tempted to take one home... *giggles*

Actually... I work at a law school..... which is worse, I gather... because it's the breeding ground... :p :D ;)

aly
01-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Yes, its very hard. But the satisfaction at watching them go to wonderful homes makes it all worth it. I am lucky that my shelter is very clean and loving for the animals. We spoil them. And we don't euthanize. That makes me be able to handle it. I love watching the transformation from scared, sick dog or cat to friendly, loving kissy lap kitty or dog.

And I can never resist taking them home either, which is why there is an extra poodle in the house right now!! :D

lynnestankard
01-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Aw Zippy aren't they too cute for words - and if the second one down is Casper - well he's a twin to Bagel!!:D

I admire anyone who works in a rescue centre - great job.:) :) :)

Lynne

lynnestankard
01-30-2002, 05:17 PM
....oh forgot - what do btw and lmao mean? :o :eek: :confused:

Lynne

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 05:39 PM
here are a few acronyms often used on the internet (some used on PT regularly, some not):

btw -- by the way
imho -- in my humble opinion
lmao -- laughing my a** off
rotfl -- rolling on the floor laughing
ttfn -- ta-ta for now

There are bunches more, but I'm drawing a blank for now ...

Pam
01-30-2002, 05:48 PM
AmberLee thanks for the translations! My son tells me that when you are IMing someone and you have to leave for a minute you say "BRB" (be right back). I feel like a dinosaur with all of this new stuff!

NoahsMommy
01-30-2002, 06:04 PM
They are sooo cute!!! I wish I could have more!!! My next kitty is definitly going to be a Ritz or a Casper!! ;)

Gepansy
01-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by aly
. I think Sophie girl wants a feline friend! [/B]

They are sooooooooo cute!........I don't think it's just Sophie....:D :p ;) :D :p ;)

Heather Wallace
01-30-2002, 06:43 PM
Zippy the pictiures brought back so many memories for me as I used to have a cat called Gizzy who looked just like the black and white cat.

aly
01-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Here's another one of my favorites at the shelter. Little scared to death Daisy.

http://www.austinspca.com/images/adopt/pets/cats/HSOA006753A.jpg

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 06:59 PM
Oooooh, she is so sweet. She looks like a dilute calico. Is she? Do you know how old she is?

wayne0214
01-30-2002, 07:49 PM
What beautiful furkids, especially the brown and white one, In fact. the 2nd kitty looks like Jumper, except for larger ears because of his Abyssinian breed.

Speaking of Jumper, I am now noticing that his coat, although appearing black is actually a dark chocolate brown. Much of his coat ticking is brown but then turns black as it grows outward. As he is now getting older (7 months), he is looking more like an Abyssinian kitten.

............wayne

aly
01-30-2002, 07:57 PM
Daisy is 4 months old. I don't know her history but she is scared to death of everything!!!! She'll hiss and hiss when you go near her. But I picked her up the first time anyway, even though I wasn't sure if she'd claw my eyes out. She just sat in my arms and shook. I make a point of going to see her about 10 times a day so hopefully soon she'll be less afraid of people.

thelmalu99
01-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Oh, Aly...these pics are breaking my heart...they're all so precious..I love the little orange guy(I have two and love them to pieces!!). I love the black ones too. When I went for my first kitty, Sydney, I wanted a black one, but there were none. Sydney was all white (and he was the one who clung to me), so I figured he was the one. He was a wonderful kitty!

I'm getting the itch like I want another, and I'd love a little girl kitty this time. Daisy is gorgeous, and that's exactly what I'd name a girl kitty if I were to get one...Daisy. Beautiful name.

But alas, I must admit that I live in an apartment and, financially I don't think I could handle another, so I can't do it right now. One can dream...

When we have the chance, I'd love to tell you about Elvis' transformation over the months that he has been with me. You mentioned that you love these stories. (Maybe I'll see you in Dallas?) Elvis is SUCH a different cat today...he surprises me every day with his progress.

I hope that soon these darlings at your shelter find a home where they receive the love and respect that they deserve. For the time being, they have you to care for them, and I'm sure that they appreciate all that you do for them. :) :) :)

Former User
01-31-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
They are sooo cute!!! I wish I could have more!!! My next kitty is definitly going to be a Ritz or a Casper!! ;)

Casper here...Go for the black one :D :D :D :D :D :D
BUT, I do happen to like Ritz, she's very beautiful and mommy told me she's a fine feline :)

lynnestankard
01-31-2002, 04:23 AM
THANKS

AmberLee - for the acronym list - very welcome it is - makes reading messages soooooo much easier :D

Pam - so pleased there are more people like me who come from the dark ages!! :D

Gepansy - that is the cutest - err - gerbil? hamster? running his little legs off under your name - is that Oreo? :D

Lynne

aly
01-31-2002, 11:31 AM
Thelma, I'll be in Dallas for sure!! Can't wait to swap stories in person with you :)

NoahsMommy
01-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Casper,

Noah here, hey! Don't be giving my mommy any more ideas on getting more kitties!! Well...unless YOU could come live with us, then we could out number the girl kitties!!!! Yea!?;)

Former User
02-01-2002, 02:13 AM
Noah, I'd love to out do the girl kitties, sometimes I hate it when Kitty plays cute and mommy and daddy go all 'uh ah oh' with her... but I can do it too though :D
I think mommy wants to have more cats (OH NOOOOOO) and she especially wants to have an orange tabby... Hmmm... I have to wonder where did she get this idea?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're too handsome Noah, way too handsome ;) Mommy always drools after your pics!