View Full Version : automatic litter boxes

pnance
05-18-2005, 05:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of the automatic litter boxes. I have 2 cats, and am considering switching from a normal litter box to an auto ones. Any opinions on these?

christa
05-18-2005, 05:34 PM
We have a Littermaid . . . 2 cats . . . I can't imagine life without it!

Fox-Gal
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
I tried it when they first came out, maybe they have improved them sense, but mine wasn't so good.

Plus it scared Tiger, the cat I had at that time. So he just started doing his biz. outside the box and in house plants. :eek:

catmandu
05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
The Found Cat Hotel,has An Automatic Litter Box Cleaner,that works,for nothing,three times a day,Six Litter Boxes,for FREE!

Wait its ME!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos934.jpg

Uabassoon
05-18-2005, 07:08 PM
I pet sat for someone who had a littermaid. I was not impressed, it didn't seem to scoop well and I ended up having to scoop it out myself. It was also really loud!

BigCharles
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
We had a Littermaid for quite a while. It was good. My two just burned it out. :eek:

Yep, the box that held the *stuff* just got so full so quickly that the lid would not close. The lid is where the cats come in and out. They walk on the lid. If the box gets full and the step on the lid well then stuff gets squeezed out.

One Littermaid for one cat is good if you empty the thing often.

Lamoni learned that everytime he peed in the box it would scoop about five minutes later. I caught him staring at the box waiting for it. :rolleyes: You figure it would be him that would make a game out of this.

Periodically you have to completely empty the Littermaid, clean all the plastic parts with spray cleaner, brush, and rag.

It can be very good for you, but as with most things, "your milage may vary".

catnapper
05-18-2005, 07:37 PM
I just can't see how it would work for my guys. I have no problem scooping two or three times a day. Besides, with me scooping, I get to know sooner who has a potty problem. Woth the automatic litter remover, I might not know about a porblem until its been around a while.