PDA

View Full Version : "i Want My Mommy!"

CalliesMom
05-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Okay, I need advice. I will be keeping the mew mew kittens over the weekend for my advisor and need to know all the things I should get before they come here.

They have the milk replacer, the bottle..I know how to feed them and pretty much how to potty them. I know they need to remain warm so I should get a heat blanket..but what else do I need to know?

They've been eating about 5 mLs/meal between the three of them. Is this enough? They've also been crying for food about every four hours--the stripey one just lost its umbical cord and the other two still have theirs. Their eyes are not yet open.

I did take pictures today at work and will upload them when I get home. Any advice you regulars to feeding kittens have would be wonderful. Thanks!

catmandu
05-18-2005, 06:55 PM
All we,can offer,are Prayers,as I have no experience,with Itty Bity Kitties! Have you tried the Royal Canin Baby Kitten Food,usually,on a promotional price,of 2 Dollars ,a Pound!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos934.jpg

catnapper
05-18-2005, 07:42 PM
You are going to need lots (and I mean lots) of fresh clean towels. :D

Wear clothes you won't mind getting messy or pricked form their little nails, and change as soon as you can so as to not expose your kitties to them. :p Since they haven't been tested for anything, you don't want to risk taking the chance of infecting your cats. You'd be surprised at how icky you get from feeding them. Disease can spread from feces and their saliva, so please make sure your kitties don't get too close to any clothes that have either on it. Boy did I do a lot of laundry when I had the bottle babies, but it was so worth it!