PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #107

catland
05-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Yikes - I can't believe the bar isn't open yet.:eek: I can make some extra keys if any of you out there think you might want to open it in the future.

I'm going to be gone tomorrow and Friday - I'm going deep sea fishing for the first time. Hope I don't get sea-sick. I've been in our little 15 foot boat out in Tillamook bay but this will be my first time across the bar into the Pacific. (well, make that northern Pacific - I was once in a sailboat off the Santa Monica Pier down in L.A., but I don't think that the experiences will compare).

I know its too early to talk like pirates but maybe we can talk like fishermen (and women;) ).

aye-aye ye landlubbers - the bar is open.:D

davidpizzica
05-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Catland, I can use a key. This way I can come in and clean the bar before everyone comes in. For right now, I'll get a small fire going and a pot of coffee brewing. Good luck deep sea fishing!

lbaker
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Well obviously we will have plenty of seafood when you return, right? So for now we should stick with land lubber food. For "DOTD" may I suggest a "Black Eyed Susan" in honor of the Preakness (held in MD and BESusan's just happen to be the MD state flower. Shaved ice/1 oz Cointreau/1 oz Mount Gay rum/1 oz Vodka/quarter cup OJ, quarter cup pineapple juice/1 lime wedge. Fill large highball glass halfway with shaved ice, add liquor, top with juice. Garnish with lime and stir. Good luck on the open seas catland! psssst, David.. I know where a key is hidden outside, I'll write you a note and pass it sneakily to you when Mario isn't looking:D

davidpizzica
05-18-2005, 05:52 PM
(whispers) thanks, laurie.

catland
05-18-2005, 05:54 PM
oh-oh - those keys won't work lb. We had to have the locks changed because of the time Mario snuck in here after hours.

Thanks for the fire David - its kind of cold and rainy here today.

I'll try one of those Black Eyed Susan's.

RedHedd
05-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Gay rum, eh? Hmm .... Sounds like something from MY neck of the woods! How is it different from the straight kind? :rolleyes: :p

davidpizzica
05-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Black-eyed susan and coffee sound great! -curls up in comfy chair- Ahhhhh!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2005, 07:10 PM
YIKES! I thought it was Tuesday all day.
I'll just grab 4 catnip teas and a cherry vanilla coke and an order of onion rings on the run.

We have thunderstorms fixing to set in - AGAIN!

If I see a pirate float by, I'll send him to the bar!!!:eek: :D

RICHARD
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
YIKES! I thought it was Tuesday all day.
I'll just grab 4 catnip teas and a cherry vanilla coke and an order of onion rings on the run.

We have thunderstorms fixing to set in - AGAIN!

If I see a pirate float by, I'll send him to the bar!!!:eek: :D

4 cnts and a DVC......I can get you walking onion rings....I am clumsy??

DONE?:)

David,

BES and coffee?

DONE!

Redd,

Gay rum is happier???

DONE?:D

Laurie,

Thanks for the suggestion....

DONE!

Catland,

Be careful and no laughing at the ship's captain......
Is that a peg leg you have or are you happy to see me?

DONE????

:D

lbaker
05-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Ol' Capt Ahab ain't got nothin' on me..... Gay rum or moderately happy? Whatever shivers your timbers ;) I'll have some of those walking onion rings if you have a mind to. hmmm, who has a mind at Thursday's? I don't mind. Good morning all :cool:

gini
05-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Those onion rings better start running if they know what is good for them. They smell sooo good this morning.

I would love a Black Eyed Susan (or Laurie or Connie or Richard) this morning with some of that silly rum in it!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by gini
Those onion rings better start running if they know what is good for them. They smell sooo good this morning.

I would love a Black Eyed Susan (or Laurie or Connie or Richard) this morning with some of that silly rum in it! OOOOOH, these onion rings are YUMMY today! I'll share though!!!

Sorry Gini, no black eyed Connie, just a green eyed one!

We lucked out and only had lots of thunder and lightening last night, no rain!!! It's still soggy here from the last rain.

Oh, by the way, Wizard of OZ fans: the Muppets Wizard of Oz movie is on ABC tomorrow (Friday) night. Don't tell Ms Piggy but I have a tiny crush on Kermit!:eek: :D

Samantha Puppy
05-19-2005, 12:31 PM
I'll take a non-alcoholic pina colada please. Wish I could have a real one!! My birthday's this weekend, I wanna celebrate!!

Pit Chick
05-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Speaking of pirates, send Captain Morgan down this way.

PJ's Mom
05-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Happy (early) Birthday, Jaime! :)

davidpizzica
05-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Yum! walking onion rings! Could you send some my way? The only pirates I like are the Pittsburgh Pirates!

RedHedd
05-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Ooh! Have some of those onion rings walk this way! I'm HUNGRY! ... and a CNT to wash 'em down.

lbaker
05-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Captain Morgan appears to have been hitting the ol' grog PC but maybe some onion rings can walk along beside him for ballast :D

Samantha Puppy
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Happy (early) Birthday, Jaime! :) Thanks!! I'm claiming the entire weekend even though it's only actually Sunday. :P :)

Pit Chick
05-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Captain Morgan appears to have been hitting the ol' grog PC but maybe some onion rings can walk along beside him for ballast :D

Looks like the onion rings are running cirlcles around Captain Morgan. :D Hey Mario, bring some of those dead onion rings you have on your tail over here, I don't like chasing my food.

PJ's Mom
05-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
Thanks!! I'm claiming the entire weekend even though it's only actually Sunday. :P :)

That's cool. It's your last birthday without little Jaime. You can do that if ya want. :D

Oggyflute
05-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Just popping in for a quick hello. No booze for me I'm afraid.:( But if you can leave me some seafood I should be back a bit healthier in a day or two.

Deep sea fishing, your arms are going to get sooo tired.:D A lot of fun though.

RICHARD
05-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok..Enough of this...

PC, take the Captain to the Lost and Found, grab Oggy a pillow and blanket.

Take these quarters and pump up the Jams.....Maybe some soft rock. I am sotry I fogot you for the first round of drinks, DOUBLE???
DONE!

Oggy,
Here's a juice and a place on the sofa next to the fireplace..

DONE!!

Gonna make a cake for SP and LH.....Killearn Kitties hit 3k this week....TIME TO PARTY!!

Onion Rings...DONE!

Hi Mario serving the onion rings off his tail was HIS idea!!

Hi PJM, Hi LAURie...

Some black eye susans???

DONE

Hi David, Redd.......

A drink or two??

DONE!

Hi MOFF,

Glad to see you are o.k. and didn't get rain...refills???

DONE!

The birthday girl can have her virgin Pina Colada...DONE!!

Come on FOLKS...you can get away with lurking for so long.....

Kick up your heels!!!!!!:D

lbaker
05-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Preakness tomorrow in Baltimore, we will serve some Black Eyed Susans and crabcakes (Maryland tradition doncha know) but with all this rain we're having that could be the day for MUDSLIDES! I wonder which pony is a good "mudder"? Feel better Trev. Monkey rings Mario :confused: You goof :D

lbaker
05-20-2005, 07:52 AM
In todays issue of my journal Science....

ECOLOGY:
Biologists Find New Species of African Monkey
Mary Beckman
On page 1161, researchers describe a new species of brown, black-faced mangabey that sports an upright crest on its forehead, dubbed Lophocebus kipunji.

Does Mario know anything about this :eek:

Samantha Puppy
05-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the birthday cake and virgin coladas, RICHARD! :D

Pit Chick
05-20-2005, 10:54 AM
On page 1161, researchers describe a new species of brown, black-faced mangabey that sports an upright crest on its forehead, dubbed Lophocebus kipunji.

He does now. Look at him strutting around with his diaper on his head. :eek:

Ok, here come the base bumpin, booty pumpin jams. Anyone like 50 Cent?

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM
PHEW!!! WHAT IS THAT SMELL????

MARIO!!! if you have to wear a diaper on your head, couldn't you use a CLEAN one????

Oh, yuck! Let's open the windows and air this place out. Then I'll give you a bath and a fresh diaper for your bum.

No, you can't have a beer with a cherry in it until after your bath.

Gosh, I hope there's enough shampoo!!!!:eek:

gini
05-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Connie, you are a braver lady than I am m'dear.

It does smell a bit primal in here today!

I think I will just chicken out and stop by later
for one of those lazy susan's or whatever
they are called.

davidpizzica
05-20-2005, 03:46 PM
PHEW!!! WHAT IS THAT SMELL????

MARIO!!! if you have to wear a diaper on your head, couldn't you use a CLEAN one????

Oh, yuck! Let's open the windows and air this place out. Then I'll give you a bath and a fresh diaper for your bum.

No, you can't have a beer with a cherry in it until after your bath.

Gosh, I hope there's enough shampoo!!!!:eek: Connie, need a hand with Mario's cleanup? That boy is a MESS, isn't he? I'll get a fresh diaper for you to put on him.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, need a hand with Mario's cleanup? That boy is a MESS, isn't he? I'll get a fresh diaper for you to put on him.
Thanks for the hand. Could you see if you can find some heavy duty air freshener too?

Mario, what a stinky boy you were. No, you can't run through the bar au natural!!!! The board of health would freak out!!!!!:eek:

Mario, come back here.............................................. ..............:D

Well, at least he's clean!

Pit Chick
05-20-2005, 05:16 PM
I got him in a head lock, someone quick, wrap a diaper around his toosh. Don't forget the baby powder.

gini
05-20-2005, 06:13 PM
PitChick........it's 45 minutes later..........do you still have Mario in a head lock?:D :D

Here I come - baby powder in hand. But watch out - Mario has been known to grab the powder and dump it in your hair.

Phew - I am really gonna need a drink after this job...............

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Whew! What a workout!

Thanks PitChick and Gini! Mario is now powdered, diapered and drinking his beer with a cherry in it.

I'm popping some popcorn and we are going to watch the new Muppets do the Wizard of Oz in a bit. Kermit is the scarecrow, Gonzo is the tin man and Fozzie bear is the lion. Mz Piggy is, of course, the good witch, Glenda.

The bar is stocked with lots of drinks and snacks and there is plenty of popcorn. Everyone is welcome to join us! (please leave the windows open for a bit longer though!:D

lbaker
05-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Between Mario and the Paddock Barn at Pimlico (getting ready for The Preakness) it's quite oderiferous! Another round might numb the senses :p I do believe the Bay and Eucalypys trees are starting to get rightous so let's just open the windows in here and let the ocean breeze clear things out. Another round at the bar and an "appie" tray from me. oo0oo! Popcorn too!!! Thanks MOFF :)

By the way, I just finished watching (for the upteenth time) the movie Shanandoa with Jimmy Stuart. Dang, that movie makes me cry happy/sad every time:o

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Between Mario and the Paddock Barn at Pimlico (getting ready for The Preakness) it's quite oderiferous! Another round might numb the senses :p I do believe the Bay and Eucalypys trees are starting to get rightous so let's just open the windows in here and let the ocean breeze clear things out. Another round at the bar and an "appie" tray from me. oo0oo! Popcorn too!!! Thanks MOFF :) A good ocean breeze is just what we need in here tonight!

Oh, we have cheese popcorn too! (That's MY favorite).

Need to keep it from Mario though. He gets his fingers all orangy and then; watch out!:D

I don't think either of us could handle another bath tonight!

lbaker
05-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Cheese Popcorn! One of my cats has a serious addiction to cheese popcorn and goes positively NUTZ if you open a bag of it. But then another one has a "thing" for fresh, raw, green beans. Go figure :confused:

davidpizzica
05-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the hand. Could you see if you can find some heavy duty air freshener too?

Mario, what a stinky boy you were. No, you can't run through the bar au natural!!!! The board of health would freak out!!!!!:eek:

Mario, come back here.............................................. ..............:D

Well, at least he's clean! Connie, I think Mario needs an industrial strength air freshener! And so does the bar! I'll see if I can't round him up on the other side.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Cheese Popcorn! One of my cats has a serious addiction to cheese popcorn and goes positively NUTZ if you open a bag of it. But then another one has a "thing" for fresh, raw, green beans. Go figure :confused: :D Leonardo loves Pringles and will try to get them before I put them in my mouth. He probably would go in after them if I let him. He usually gets a crumb of his own. Luke loves black olives and grapes - not together.

I had a cat once who love cantaloupe but never a green bean lover! I guess they have different likes just like we do. :D

RICHARD
05-20-2005, 07:57 PM
In todays issue of my journal Science....

ECOLOGY:
Biologists Find New Species of African Monkey
Mary Beckman

Hey,
be nice to the little guy.,

SP, You are every welcome.;)

Moff,

For a second I thought you were talking about the BUM that runs the bar!!

DONE?

Thanks for getting the diaper Gini...

For a second there I thought, "Gosh, Pit Chick Pit Hair looks like Mario's fur......"

:confused:
Gini and PC,

DONE???

:cool:

Thanks for all the hard work MOFF, relax and kick your shoes off....

DONE!

Hi laurie....Next week It's gonna be seafood week,
Soft shelled crabs.,,,,,,Yummy!

Thanks david.....

I hope you didn't tie the "little Tree" Air fresnener too tightly around his tail!

A drink????

DONE!

LOLOLOL, Ed loves the salt off of pork rinds....

I finish them up for him....EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!:confused: :rolleyes:

---------------------------

PLaces everyone.......lPresenting the Muppets!

Oggyflute
05-20-2005, 11:45 PM
See! See! It's Mario who leaves the toilet seat up! His diapers are everywhere:(

:D

Just going to crawl over to my spot on the lounge by the fire, thanks for the juice Richard.:)

RICHARD
05-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Og,

You are welcome....
I feel your pain....

I'm watching the All star Race.....ANYBODY want a drink...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Haven't had a chance to read this entire thread yet, but I sure could use a drink.

Terry and I went to dinner one night last week. Fantastic seafood place - Felix's near Mobile, AL. We had to wait for a table in the bar. Terry got a beer, I got a hurricane, bill came to....are you sitting down....$12.00!!!! And that didn't even include the tip for the bartender!!! Meal was reasonable (and most delicious!) but the bar left a little to be desired!:eek:

I always get depressed when I have to come back to the reality of traffic and work after such a wonderful vacation so I'll just take my drink over to the couch and mope for awhile. Anybody want to join me and fill me in on everything I've missed?