PDA

View Full Version : My friend was killed yesterday

ramanth
05-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Just bumping an old thread in case any newcomers miss the date. :)

It's been 6 years since this happened and Jordan still comes to mind. It really does feel just like yesterday.

Sometime after the accident, I had a dream about Jordan. I was at a party hanging out with friends in the basement. I glance over at the stairs and was shocked to see Jordan coming down and heading my way. I stood in disbelief because I knew he had died. I'm embarressed that my first words were, "You can't be here!". But he just smiled and laughed, gave me a huge hug and said, "It's all going to be okay." And I woke up.

Life of course has gone on. His best friend Jason had his first child and they named him Jordan. He's a cute little guy who just turned 2.

It especially feels bitter sweet this year as it's the last of the Harry Potter movies that he enjoyed so much. (Loved the books as well.) I will definitely raise a glass the day HP 7 part 2 opens.

I miss him so much.

Andy called me last night and in a very flat voice said, "We have a funeral to go to." I detected more disbelief and anger in his voice than actual grief, but my heart leapt into my throat, wondering if it was his parents, his brother, or a relative I've never met.

I never once expected this. Not this.

"It's Jordan." and my mind didn't wrap around that. "No. It can't be....we just saw him."

I broke down and cried.

Jordan was killed on his way home from work. Someone ran a red light and hit him. Now he's gone. My friend is gone. He was so geeked to see Episode III, to get the new Harry Potter book, to see the new Harry Potter movie, to dress up again at Dragon*Con. And he won't get to do that, all because some bitch had to break the law.

It made the news.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050518/NEWS01/505180376

Life is not fair.

http://www.ems-tech.com/etheren/HarryPotter007.jpg

Cincy'sMom, you might remember meeting Jordan when Andy and I came down for the cat show.

I wanted to add that he had a Husky named London. Jordan and I were planning on setting up a playdate for London and Kia. Jordan loved animals....

I think I'm going to be sick.... :( :(

christa
05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
So sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like a tragic accident.

luvofallhorses
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I am terribly sorry for your loss :( :( What a horrible horribe thing :( You and your family and Jordan's family will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((((hugs))))))

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh Kim, I am SO SORRY :( (((HUGS)))

What a dreadful waste. I know it won't help bring your friend back, but I really hope they prosecute the other driver.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
OMG....:eek: . What a tragic accident....!
I hope that the person who caused that accident didn't dissapear?? It is sooooo un-human to do that!!

{{{{{{{{{{ hugs for you, Ramanth}}}}}}}}}

lute
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
oh no! i'm soo sorry for your loss.:( this must be a very hard time for you.:( ((((HUGS))))

CountryWolf07
05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend! People can be so stupid these days..

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Kimmy.

Hugs to you.

Kfamr
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Kimmy, I'm so sorry. I'm in tears right now and I never knew this man. This is why i'm so afraid to drive. :(

I'm so, so sorry. {{HUGS}} to you.

mina'smomma
05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh Kimmy I'm so sorry hun. If you need me just call me. I'll keep you and Andy in my prayers.

Hugs,
Renae:( :(

Jadapit
05-18-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Jordan was really a nice looking man. So sad.:(

jazzcat
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm sure this is a total shock for you and you and Andy are going to go through a whole range of emotions.

(((HUGS)))

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Glacier
05-18-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Karen
05-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Kimmy, I am so sorry to hear of Jordan's death. You and Andy and Jordan's friends and family will be in our prayers.

My Peanuts
05-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Kimmy I'm so sorry. He was so young :(. I really don't know what to say. :( My prayers will be with you and Jordan's family.

anna_66
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Oh Kim I'm so sorry to hear about your friends death:( This just breaks my heart and I never even knew him. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.
Take care
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/hugsblueheart.gif

robinh
05-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Ginger's Mom
05-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I am so sorry. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be. My thoughts are with you and Jordan's family.

Edwina's Secretary
05-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Kimmy.... I am so sorry. You are right....life is very unfair sometimes.

Godspeed to Jordan....

primabella
05-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Kimmy, I am so very, very sorry. Life can be so unsuspecting and unfair.. hang in there. *huuuugs*

May Jordan RIP and this irresponsible, sad excuse for a driver get what they deserve. You will all be in my prayers.

LKPike
05-18-2005, 01:02 PM
hes got such a kind look in his eyes :(:(:( why do all the good people die too soon? :(:(:( Please rest in peace Jordan.

RobiLee
05-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Ohh Kimmy, my heart is so heavy after hearing this sad sad news. I wish I was there to give you a hug. I am so very sorry about your friend. I'll be thinking of you and Andy and Jordan's family.

Hugs...Robin :(

kuhio98
05-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

May Jordan's creator hold him gently in his arms until we're all reunited again. :(

LorraineO
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
He looked like such an awesome wonderful man... Very kind eyes and face.... he has an aura about him in the pic you posted,,,,, I am so sorry this driver made a bad call which resulted in your friend having to pay the ultimate price......

Please try to eventually find the courage to forgive that woman.. I am sure your friend would have wanted it that way when the time is right....

Such a waste of life all round....... hugs.

:(

AmberLee
05-18-2005, 01:57 PM
{{{Kimmy, Andy}}}

So sorry for your loss. What a senseless tragedy...

moosmom
05-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Kimmy,

I'm so sorry to hear about Jordan! I hope they throw the book at the person who ran that light!!

((((hugs)))))))))

Donna

popcornbird
05-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh my gosh, Kimmy...:(...I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. How tragic. :( {{{hugs}}} to you.

catnapper
05-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I am so so sorry. Its not fair that he is gone and never got to experience everything he was meant to see and do. {{{HUGS}}}

Words cannot describe what I'm feeling for that woman. No charges filed? She took a life!

Denyce
05-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I am so sorry....it is horrible when someone who gives so much to the world is taken by such a selfish act.

green_chameleon_girl
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Im so sorry to hear about this:(

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2005, 03:37 PM
OMG, Kimmy! I don't even know what to say....I am in shock. I knew who you were talking about when I saw the name....how awful.
I read the article in the Blade today, and it didn't register then...

Anita Cholaine
05-18-2005, 03:39 PM
It's such a terrible thing to hear about innocent people who die because of some stupid and thoughtless people who are not interested in others people life. But is like what you say: sometimes life is not fair.
Lots of hugs for you and your friends.

QueenScoopalot
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm so sorry your friend died. That woman must have been driving like a maniac to send Jordan's car flying like that. :mad: :( I really think they should press charges, and revoke her license at least until she learns how to drive. RIP Jordan, you looked like a very kind young man. :(

PJ's Mom
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :( I can't imagine the pain and disbelief you're facing right now.

I can only hope that charges are filed against this woman and she gets the punishment she deserves.

ramanth
05-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Thank you guys. This has been so hard. Jordan and Jason were best friends so I'm doing all I can to be there for him.

Been going thru past pictures....

Sytherin wins the house cup!

ahhh good times, good times. :)

http://www.ems-tech.com/etheren/HarryPotter066.jpg

Jods
05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

Fox-Gal
05-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm so so sorry for your lose. I hate it when I hear of a life cut short, by such things. No person should have to go in that way.
My husband's mother died the same way,a few years back. The lose of a loved one is bad enough, but to go in this manner, is one of the worse.

Prayers are with you and his family. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Focus on the good times, remember the love and be thankful for the gift of having such a wonderful friend, no matter how short it was.

kimlovescats
05-18-2005, 06:12 PM
I am so sorry for this terrible loss. May Jordan rest in peace.:(

petslover
05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I am truely sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Prayers will be sent your way. what a tragic accident.

K9soul
05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Kimmy, I don't even know what to say :(. How very tragic. My deepest sympathies on the loss of your cherished friend. What a senseless tragedy :(. I hope the person responsible faces the consequences, though nothing can bring Jordan back. :(

dukedogsmom
05-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I am so very sorry. I know there's nothing we can say that will ease your pain. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. We don't expect things like this to happen to us and our friends. Why is it that it's always the innocent that suffer? If you need us, we're all here for you.

Soapets
05-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Keeping everyone involved in my thoughts and prayers. What a horribly sad thing to have happen! He looks like such a nice young man in the pictures..........

I think the other driver, and her family and friends if she has any, all need to be in our prayers, too---but with a little different focus. They definitely need prayers. (They probably don't have nearly as many prayers going out for them as Jordan and his family and friends do.)

It's difficult to believe that any good can come from this tragedy, but there MUST be some reason for things happening the way they did. Maybe someone else's life was spared by this happening---maybe even that of a small child in a car just down the road that could have been hit if Jordan's hadn't been hit...... It's something we will never know or understand in this life. But there just HAS to be some reason for this........

jennifert9
05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Kimmy, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Jordan. :(
My sincere condolences....

KYS
05-18-2005, 07:09 PM
My heart goes out to you and his family.

((HUGS))

Toby's my baby
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
I am very sorry for your loss of a dear friend. {{Hugs}} I hate it when someone losses someone close to them because of the actions of another. :(

Oggyflute
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, best of thoughts and wishes to you and Jordans family.

RedHedd
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
OMG, Kim, I'm SO sorry to hear about your loss. What a tragic accident.

RICHARD
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I am sorry to hear about this.

It's always heartbreaking to have someone you love taken away way too soon.

Prayers and warm wishes sent to you and your friend's family:(

shais_mom
05-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Kimmy.

Hugs to all

NoahsMommy
05-19-2005, 12:08 AM
(((((Kimmy & Andy)))))

I'm so sorry. I've read about your friend so often, so seeing his name like this was a huge shock. I can't imagine how you guys are feeling.

Hugs,
Kelly

tikeyas_mom
05-19-2005, 12:21 AM
omg i am sooo sorry..
time heals all wounds..
may your heart be mended in time..

Prayers coming your way. :(:(:(
be strong, we will be here for you.
hug your kitties, and remember all the good times you and jordan had together.. friends will never be forgotten.
it is a shame his life was stolen so early in life..

reckless drivers... was the driver arrested?
rip jordan :(

gini
05-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Kim, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend, Jordan.

These events in life are just so difficult to absorb and we try so hard to understand why - why.

MariaM
05-19-2005, 12:24 AM
I am so sorry...that sounds tragic. I know it will be extrememly hard...

It doesn't sound like anything right now, but we are all here for you.

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Kimmy& Andy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends passing.:( RIP Jordan.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Mad Mags Moo
05-19-2005, 05:52 AM
So sorry to hear about this sad event. Prayers and thoughts to you all. Makes me angry that careless drivers are allowed on the road:mad: Hope the driver who caused this will be punished.
Thinking of you and of course Jordans family.

Killearn Kitties
05-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Life most certainly is not fair. I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend.

Sending all my best wishes to you and your friends family.

EssTer
05-19-2005, 06:36 AM
OH no....Kim, I´m so sorry to hear that :( :( I agree life sometimes just isnt fair :(

Prayres to you&Any and Jordan´s family....

((((HUGS))))

ramanth
05-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone. One day at a time. We all went and saw Star Wars last night. It's what Jordan would of wanted us to do.

tikeyas_mom, I'm not sure if the driver was ever arrested. I was going to see if I could find more news on that. At the time of the first article, no charges had been filed.

Barbara
05-19-2005, 09:21 AM
I am so very sorry. So much life was lying in front of him:(

Sending my best thoughts to you and Jordan's family.

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Thanks everyone. One day at a time. We all went and saw Star Wars last night. It's what Jordan would of wanted us to do.

I was watching the 11 o'clock news last night, and they were at the local theater wtih all the people dressed up, waiting to see the movie. I only met Jordan once, but it still brought tears to my eyes, I cause I knew, he should have been in that line.

(and BTW none of the costumes I saw looked as good as the ones you guys have made :D)

ramanth
05-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I knew I'd be reminded of Jordan especially since the movie deals with death, but one scene really stood out and I got a little choked up.

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
(and BTW none of the costumes I saw looked as good as the ones you guys have made :D)
Aw! Thanks Amy. :) A few of our friends costumed a good part of the day at the theater, but Andy and I just weren't up for it.

Some of our friends made yesterday's Detroit Freepress front page.

http://www.freep.com/entertainment/movies/starwars.htm

Logan
05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Kimmy, I'm so sorry about your friend, Jordan. :(

crsvstang
05-19-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm so sorry hear about your friend:(

Samantha Puppy
05-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Very sorry to hear about your friend, Kimmy. Sadly, I've been through something similar so I know exactly what you're feeling - if you ever need to talk/vent, please feel free to PM me. I know all too well exactly what you're going through. :( It really is such a horrible waste and I hope the other driver is held responsible.

wolf_Q
05-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Kimmy, what a tragedy. I can't imagine the loss you are feeling right now. {{hugs}}

LuvGold00
05-19-2005, 02:54 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend Jordan, I recently lost a good friend of mine also. You, his family and all his friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.

cloverfdx
05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Oh sweety {{Hugs}}, what a shocking thing to happen. Thoughts and prayers on the way for all family and friends. I am speachless.

{{HUGS}}

catcrazylady
05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Kimmy I'm so sorry. I'm just now seeing this but you and Jordons friends and family are in my prayers. What a horrible tragic thing to have to experience.:(

ChrisH
05-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Such an awful thing to happen. :( My heart goes out to you both and Jordans family.

{{hugs}}
Chris

ramanth
05-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Thank you, everyone.

The weekend was ...rough.

Jordan's parents are Jehovah Witnesses, though Jordan stepped away from that path years ago. A service was held at their church and there was no body... no urn. (Later found out that Jordan had wished to be cremated) They talked only a little about Jordan and then it turned into a scripture lesson. Many had nothing to do about death.

The service was emotionally void. I know funerals are for the living and I'm sure it was Jordan's parents needed, but I didn't get that closure. I didn't get to say goodbye to my friend. It still doesn't feel real. I expect him to call or email me at any time.

His parents are very nice people. I had to choke back tears when Jordan's dad told Andy and I how fondly Jordan talked of us.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh Kimmy, I'm so sorry. :( It is so hard when such young life is taken so tragically. I hope you can find closure in your own way since the service didn't seem to help any. Perhaps a little memorial service the next time you and your friends gather would help a bit.

RIP Jordan. For reasons we will never know or understand, you were needed and called away from your earthly life. :(

Katiesmom
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss:( I know that there are no words to ease your pain but know that you are in my prayers!

I lost my best friend 7 seven years ago in a motorcycle wreck and I know that these times seem like they won't get better or the pain won't ease up but know that in time your pain will ease up and things will get better...You have alot of good memories of him to get you through this and memories that will never be taken by anyone....

*LabLoverKEB*
05-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh Kimmy.... I'm so sorry to hear about your dear frined, Jordan. That's so awful. What a horrible shame.:( :( :( Why do people just have to suddenly die like this, because of stupid people???:confused: I bet the lady feels pretty dowm in the dumps right now, Kimmy.

You and your family, and Jordans family will be in my prayers right now.

ramanth
05-18-2011, 11:10 PM
It's been 6 years since this happened and Jordan still comes to mind. It really does feel just like yesterday.

Sometime after the accident, I had a dream about Jordan. I was at a party hanging out with friends in the basement. I glance over at the stairs and was shocked to see Jordan coming down and heading my way. I stood in disbelief because I knew he had died. I'm embarressed that my first words were, "You can't be here!". :o But he just smiled and laughed, gave me a huge hug and said, "It's all going to be okay." And I woke up. :(:love::(:love:

Life of course has gone on. His best friend Jason had his first child and they named him Jordan. He's a cute little guy who just turned 2.

It especially feels bitter sweet this year as it's the last of the Harry Potter movies that he enjoyed so much. (Loved the books as well.) I will definitely raise a glass the day HP 7 part 2 opens.

I miss him so much.

MoonandBean
05-19-2011, 08:23 AM
I joined PT in 2008 so I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I think that dream was very spiritual and I'm sure he was there telling you it was all going to be ok...:love:

Marigold2
05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Life is indeed not fair or just. May the happy memories you had together give you peace and a smile when you least expect it.

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I remember when you guys came down and we all went to dinner at Shorty's BBQ. My brother was also with us and I remember there being a lot of debate about movies and maybe music? Anyway, maybe some more less "mainstream" films and that I really didn't know much about. Anyway, I remember afterward my brother commenting how nice it was to meet some people that "got" him and were into some of the same things he was. It was only 2 monthsafter Jordan, that my brother died.

I hope he and Jordan have met up again somewhere and are enjoying sdiscussing movies and sci-fi and all that stuff. Maybe they've even got an advanced preview of HP 7 pt 2! ;)

ramanth
05-19-2011, 09:51 PM
That's a real nice thought Amy. :)