PDA

View Full Version : Friends

dukedogsmom
05-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Be very thankful if you've got even a handful of really true friends. Right now, I've got one that's pretty much ignoring me and another one that won't even answer my pms. I don't even know what I've done wrong. Going home and going to bed now. Maybe it'll look better when I wake up.

4 Dog Mother
05-18-2005, 05:53 AM
I am sorry that you are having trouble with your friendships right now. But maybe you should look at it in another way - maybe something is going wrong in their lives right now and they don't have the energy to respond to you. The day I had to put Oreo to sleep a friend called and asked me a question - because of Oreo and Snoopy had another seizure that day and I had to run to the town where my mother lives to take her to the doctor, I never got back to her. MY life was overwhelming right then and I just didn't have the energy to take on anything else even that of a good friend's. I just ran in to her the other day and had to explain why I didn't get back to her.

On the other side, sometimes something good is happening and just kind of taking over your life. Having Christy and the baby and now Brian here is great. But with the baby and 8 dogs and Christy and Brian wanting computer time, phone calls, e-mails etc. sometimes get put on the back burner.

So chin up, today will most likely be a better day - and if it isn't, eat chocolate! Seriously do something nice for yourself and do your best to keep a positive attitude -- and let me tell you I know that is not always easy!!!!

Corinna
05-18-2005, 07:35 AM
I can't imagine you could have done anything wrong (at least on purpose) you are such a great person. Your posts have made me stay here some times when I have gotten frustrated at some things going on. May be your just having one of what we call moms pity days. I get really sensitive a couple times a month and it feels like no one cares. Maybe you are just having one of those times. {{{HUG}}}}

Fox-Gal
05-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh Val I'm sorry your feeling bad about your friends. I do know how it is sometimes, my closest friend, that I have had for years, we have gone long periods of time not talking or seeing each other. There was a time we went over a year, without seeing or talking to each other, but when something happened to me, she was right there, for me, as soon as I called. As she told me, life gets so busy, that sometime close friends get set aside because she knows no matter what, I will always be there, that what real friendship is about.

Maybe something is going on in their life right now, thats just keeping them busy, away or maybe just mad at the world type thing and it has nothing to do with you. I know I have gotten like that and ignored people.

Have you asked them what up? If it is something, that they think you might have done etc., just ask, clear the air, could all just be a misunderstanding of some sort. Also I don't know these friends, but in the past, I have had some friends that are just sedative, to everything, is it possible they are? Sometimes we just have to learn to deal with our friends faults and understand, this is how they are.

Just give it time, Your a good person, we know that, and I know your friends know it too, it will pass, I'm sure

Hey, you know if you ever get really down, I'm a phone call away. I know I'm not them, but I'll be there if you need. Maybe we can meet up again, do lunch, shopping and just talk. You vent, I'll listen. :D

catnapper
05-18-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry you are having such a yucky time. It could be that they are having a tough time right now. Its a busy time of year - lots of things need to be done in work (and those that are in school) People have a lot of outdoor projects in the yard. People are planning vacation and getting work off their desks... it could be a simple mis commmunication! {{{HUGS}}} The day will get better!

Kfamr
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Maybe you should let these friends know how you feel. Hopefully you're not talking about me because I know we've already spoken about how we felt. I know i've been very busy lately finishing up school and it's been very stressful. Today is my first day of summer vacation and I played on inviting you over soon so we could do something. (You had mentioned something a while back about wanting me to cook for you, and lately i've been in a cooking craze... soooo..) Make a date and come on over.

I feel a lot of the time that my friends ignore me, in the long-run it's just because they've been busy. And sometimes it's my fault - friendships work two ways... and sometimes I just get so caught up in things I don't have time to do the things i'd like.

anna_66
05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Val, I hope you've went to bed and when you get up thing will look much brighter for you. I know how it is when you feel like no one cares, just remember your friends are here for you if you need to talk :)

slleipnir
05-18-2005, 12:19 PM
You're such a sweet person, Val. Like the others said, I can't see that it was anything you did! It would be THEIR loss!

However, I do know how you feel. I only really have one friend, and I feel she could care less if she ever talked to me again...

Ginger's Mom
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Sounds to me like you have a lot of friends, Val. :) I hope you are feeling better. I will just reiterate what several others have said, sometimes it isn't that people are ignoring us, but that they just have other things that are taking up their time, energy, and emotions. I am sure that it is just a temporary misunderstanding, and things will work out fine.

primabella
05-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't want to sound so repitious here Val, so I'm gonna ditto basically what everyone else said. There are so many people here that care for you. Take some time to spoil yourself (the chocolate idea sounds great. Mmm) and hopefully everything will work out for the best. :)

moosmom
05-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Val,

I also DITTO what everyone else said. You're a sweet, wonderful person!! Maybe there is something in their lives that's going on.

I have a very best friend from my childhood whom I love dearly. She lives in CT. There was a time when I would get angry that she didn't call me (I would always do the calling). She told me that is just the way she is and not to get mad if she doesn't call me. Well, nothing has changed. I still call HER but I love her anyway. Sometimes, ya just gotta do what ya gotta do!!

RobiLee
05-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, Val. I have to agree with what Diana and alot of others have said. It might not have anything to do with you.

Right now I'm going through my own little "thing" and have been distant and withdrawn. I finally talked to my wonderful friend about it and she said she could tell something was wrong but didn't know what or if it might have had something to do with her. I hate that I made her even think such a thing. I thought I was hiding it but I guess she knows me better than I thought;). Anyways....I just wanted to let you know that it might not be about you. Be patient and if that doesn't do the trick just come right out and ask your friend what is going on.

Robin :)

P.S....My wonderful girlfriend was ready to hop in that dogmoblie of hers and drive almost 2 hours just to sit with me last night. I am truly blessed! ;)

dukedogsmom
05-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone. I am sorry as I normally don't throw my own pity party. Things are looking a lot better now. Kay, I couldn't pm you because your box was full :p so I sent an email to the one you have assigned for here. I think I've got more friends than I realised. Thanks again for your time.

RICHARD
05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I think I've got more friends than I realised. Thanks again for your time.

I got your check in the mail today!!

THAT means you have another 12 months of MY friendship!!!!;)

Bigyummydog
05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
hey, we're free over here.........:D :D :D

moosmom
05-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey, cheap, but not easy! Cheer up, Val!! ;)

carole
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
cheer up Val, you certainly have way more friends than you seem to realise, even from across the other side of the world, friendships can be difficult at times, I myself prefer to have only one or two really close friends, and the other's I refer to as aquaintances.

My close friends are very busy people, and I donot hear from them very often, but I just have to realise my lifestyle if very different, and be patient, I know they still care for me, and that is all that matters.

:)