PDA

View Full Version : Saved Dog's Life

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm just a courtesy clerk at a local food store. I was pushing this lady's shopping cart out for her her. And we saw this dog jump out of this open car window and dangling from his leash choking. She told me she got the cart and go ahead and save the dog. I ran and scooped up the Beagle dog back into the cat. Igot the owner out to his car by making an anoucement over the store inercom.
He was homeless and the window was broken and he was living in his car. His dog couldn't stand to be away from him. He thanked me for his his best friend and he just lost his best human friend a few days ago. We finally tied his dog up to a tree near his car. His dog is fine and alive.
Sandy Frost:eek:

Fox-Gal
05-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Awww thats a wonderful story. I'm so glad you where there at the right time, to save the dog.

Was the dog healthy, I only ask sense his owner was homeless?

Also, just wondering, shouldn't you share this story in dog general?

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 12:44 AM
The guy was clean as you or I and his dog was healthy too. I wouldn't have known he was homeless if he didn't tell me. I'm still tired and upset about the whole thing. I'm amazed I managed to type it in pet general. I chose pet general because this way alot more people will read this thread and I 'm happy I was there at the right time. I have 14 pets of my own at home.
Sandy Frost

lute
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
that's a very nice story. Sandy Frost to the rescue!:D

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for your kind words! I love animals. I have a zoo at my house. I have 14 pets. From cats to treefrog to geckos to box turtles to corn snakes,to hermit crab to betta fish.
Sandy Frost;)

lute
05-18-2005, 10:51 AM
wow, that is quite a zoo! i have 2 dogs and 4 birds.....and three little brothers. that's my zoo.

Fox-Gal
05-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by SANDY FROST
The guy was clean as you or I and his dog was healthy too. I wouldn't have known he was homeless if he didn't tell me.

Oh good, I'm glad the dog was healthy looking, I always worried about pets when I see them with their homeless owner. I guess this man is like most of us here, gives all to our pets, even when we go without.

I know, if god forbid, I became homeless, my pets would still get the best I could give them. Just pray and hope (knock on wood, etc) it never happens, keeping a 100 and some pets in a car, even if it is a SUV, could be hard. LOL

I do hope life works out for this man and his dog. Thanks to you, he still has his friend/companion to help him through the days.

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by lute
wow, that is quite a zoo! i have 2 dogs and 4 birds.....and three little brothers. that's my zoo.
I like the sound of your zoo too. What kind of birds do you have.
Sandy Frost;)

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Oh good, I'm glad the dog was healthy looking, I always worried about pets when I see them with their homeless owner. I guess this man is like most of us here, gives all to our pets, even when we go without.

I know, if god forbid, I became homeless, my pets would still get the best I could give them. Just pray and hope (knock on wood, etc) it never happens, keeping a 100 and some pets in a car, even if it is a SUV, could be hard. LOL

I do hope life works out for this man and his dog. Thanks to you, he still has his friend/companion to help him through the days.
I hope things work for this guy and his dog. I just hope he gets a place to live other than his car.
Sandy Frost;)

lute
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by SANDY FROST
I like the sound of your zoo too. What kind of birds do you have.
Sandy Frost;)
i have 3 parakeets and a cockatiel. my cockatil is older then me. he's 18 and i'm only 16.:o

Karen
05-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Thank you for saving the Beagle! Good thing you were there, and now his owner knows his leaping-thru-open-windows tendancy, and can work to prevent tragedy in the future! Little more polish on your halo today!

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by lute
i have 3 parakeets and a cockatiel. my cockatil is older then me. he's 18 and i'm only 16.:o
Your birds sound cool.
Sandy Frost

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Thank you for saving the Beagle! Good thing you were there, and now his owner knows his leaping-thru-open-windows tendancy, and can work to prevent tragedy in the future! Little more polish on your halo today!
Thanks Karen! It was quite a day.
Sandy Frost

K9soul
05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Wow, what an ordeal! Thank God you were able to save the poor pup. Sounds like that man really needed his best pal too, especially just having lost his human friend :(. I bet you felt so wonderful to have helped save the dog's life. Kudos to you!

gemini9961
05-18-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm so glad you were there to save the dog. What a great story.

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
Wow, what an ordeal! Thank God you were able to save the poor pup. Sounds like that man really needed his best pal too, especially just having lost his human friend :(. I bet you felt so wonderful to have helped save the dog's life. Kudos to you!
I felt great but shook up at the same time.
Thanks! Sandy Frost:rolleyes: :)

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
I felt good but shook up at the same time.
Sandy Frost:)

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by gemini9961
I'm so glad you were there to save the dog. What a great story.
Thanks! I'm glad I was there at the right place at the right time.
Long time ago I had a golden retriver that live to be 15 &1/2
years old.
Sandy Frost;)

CagneyDog
05-18-2005, 10:50 PM
OMG, the poor dog must of been so scared! :eek: I'm so happy you were able to rescue the poor pup!

SANDY FROST
05-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by CagneyDog
OMG, the poor dog must of been so scared! :eek: I'm so happy you were able to rescue the poor pup!
The dog was scared dangling from the car. But once the dog got in the car he fine. At the time I just acted on instinct.
Sandy Frost;)

KYS
05-19-2005, 08:35 PM
What a beautiful heart warming story.
I needed a kleenix warning with that one.

SANDY FROST
05-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by KYS
What a beautiful heart warming story.
I needed a kleenix warning with that one.
Thanks so much!:)
Sandy Frost

Toby's my baby
05-20-2005, 08:01 PM
I am glad you could help the dog!! Good job! We met a homeless man in Gerome, AZ, and he had a white dog, looked sort of like a husky cross. It had cuts in its paws and and very heavy rope tied around its neck :o, I wish we could have done something for him!

I am glad you could help!:)

SANDY FROST
05-21-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks so much. It felt real good to help out. He was real clean and the dog was well taken care of. Thank goodness.;)
Sandy Frost