PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Indy!

Maryon
05-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi all--I'm a newcomer to the forum here. I have a good friend who's always here and telling me about it, so I thought I'd have a go at it. I am proudly and happily owned by a 5-year-old dilute tortie named Indy. I got her when she was almost a year old at a pound in the San Francisco Bay Area. Acutally, that's a story in itself...more later. When I was at the pound, I didn't even notice her on my first pass of all the cages. The second time around, I saw her cowered in her litterbox--she blended right in (she's my camo kitty!) I opened the cage to get her out, and she clung for dear life to the edge of the litterbox. I got her into the "visitation area", and even as she was struggling to get away, she rubbed the side of her little face against my hand. I knew then and there she was going home with me. The people at the front desk told me she had been adopted and brought back. I asked why, and they said she had hid under the peoples' bed, and scratched them when they tried to pull her out....DUH. When I got her home (after a 300 mile car trip), she hid under my bed for 3 days straight, not coming out for food, water, or even to use the box (she held it for 3 whole days.) I have no clue what her background is, but I think it likely she was abused. She hates plastic bags. It has taken me a long time and a lot of patience, but she is such a social and pretty outgoing cat now. We have built an amazing trust and bond with each other. She is absolutely hilarious, makes the most human sounds I've ever heard out of a cat, has some of the softest fur ever, and is, of course, the queen of the house. As everyone here could, I could go on writing about her for pages--but I won't for now. Here's a few pictures of the little one:

Looking sassy as she so often does:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Myfanawy/imthequeen.jpg

After a fresh catnip binge:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Myfanawy/catnip.jpg

Oh--the funny part about where I got her: I was living up in Humboldt Co., CA (about 300 miles north of San Francisco), and I went to the local pound to get a cat, but found out they check with your landlord to make sure you can have a pet. So, I ended up going down to the Bay Area (where my family is) and getting Indy there. It was definitely meant to be! We're a perfect pair, and she LOVES my fiance. (Whevever my evil ex was present, she would run, hide under the bed, and not come out until he had been gone at least half an hour. Smart cat.) She is my precious gift--cheesy, I know, but it's true.

Looking forward to chatting here--M & I

luvofallhorses
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
What such a great story. She's beautiful :) Welcome to pet talk Maryon and Indy :) I cannot wait to see more pics of her :)

sandragonfly
05-17-2005, 06:10 PM
first again...WELCOME HERE!! maryon?

and hi, I'm gina -- owned by an ark :D you can't love it here more :) nice rescuing story and looking furrward to hear, see and laugh more about indy!

christa
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Welcome! Indy is beautiful! You'll love it here! But word of warning, Pet Talk is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!! ;)

kuhio98
05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Welcome! We love new people and lots of photos!
I'm Lisa and am currently owned by 3 kitties. Cammie is our tortie (Cammie is short for camoflage). :D
I'm so glad Indy ended up in a kind and loving home. Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.

catmandu
05-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Welcome,To Pet Talk,Maryon,and Indy,from the 15 Found Cats,The Starry Cat,and Angels,and we know,that you will like it here very much,as there are lots,of Fine People,and Wonderful Cats,and Kittens!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture352.jpg

rosethecopycat
05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Welcome,

Thanks for working with a scared, less than social cat. I bet she's incredibly grateful for your patience. That's all they really need is security and a chance to love.

Who is the friend that 'blabbed' about us?:p

catnapper
05-17-2005, 09:05 PM
WELCOME TO Pet Talk! She is a beautiful lady, and I can see from the photos how loved she is.

jazzcat
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Welcome to PT!!!

Indy is beautiful and I'm anxious to see more of her.

I have 5 cats (Ripley, Jazz, Scout Rocky and Rumor) and a dog, Disney.

rg_girlca
05-17-2005, 10:07 PM
What a wonderful, heartwarming story of your Indy.

Welcome to Pet Talk Maryon. I'm sure you are going to love it here.

Indy is such a pretty girl. Bless you for having the patience and love for this wonderful girl.:)

Uabassoon
05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi Indy! I need to see if I can find that picture of her in a sombrero :D

Maryon
05-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and welcome! I will be posting more of her soon. She is so worth all the patience it took--now, you'd never know it was the same scared kitty--she's practically a social butterfly (of course, the first thing she does when there's someone new around is smell their feet.....mmmm.) I have a feeling if I hadn't come along, she'd have been put down eventually. :( But that didn't happen--there's no way I would have let it. She's the best, and I can't imagine my life without her.

My friend who spilled the beans--Uabassoon (aka Laura.) Yeah, find that picture of her in the sombrero!!! She looks so pissed off...wonder why? Isn't there one with a cowboy hat also?

You all have very gorgeous cats too! Can't wait to poke around more and see them all!
--M

kimlovescats
05-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Indy is very pretty ... thank you so much for being patient with her and giving her the time to come out of her shell! I'm sure you have been rewarded many times over by now!;)

Maryon
05-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Indy is very pretty ... thank you so much for being patient with her and giving her the time to come out of her shell! I'm sure you have been rewarded many times over by now!;)

I sure have--every single hour of every day. Nothing like going asleep and waking up next to a soft purring furball!
--M

trinity
05-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Welcome! I am the ahppy servant to 6 little furrkids...and some day I hope to figure out how to put them in a signature...but until then...welcome to PT! (And I have to ask...due to your signature...are you a Rennie or SCAdian...or both?)

furrykidsmother
05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Welcome to PT Indy & Maryon. What a beautiful girl and so lucky that you found each other!

smokey the elder
05-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Indy is a gorgeous cat.

orangemm
05-18-2005, 03:22 PM
What a gorgeous little lady Indy is! You both are very lucky to have found each other. I love happy endings!

QueenScoopalot
05-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Welcome, and thank you for sharing Indy's story, and pics. She's gorgeous, and looks like silk. :) :) :)

momcat
05-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey there! Welcome to Pet Talk Maryon and Indy!!! Oh what a gorgeous cat! She looks like she's settled in and has pretty much taken over. I'm owned by a 4 year old black and white named Groucho, don't know how I'd get by without him but I'm sure you understand how that goes. Looking forward to hearing from both of you again very soon. PT is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Maryon
05-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks again for all the kind words and praise for Indy! She sends you all a warm PURRRRRR.....yes, she does feel like silk (especially at night--anyone else notice that their cats are softest late at night, or is it just me?) And she certainly has taken over. She's the queen, and knows it well!

Originally posted by trinity (And I have to ask...due to your signature...are you a Rennie or SCAdian...or both?) [/B]

I'm a Rennie...pretty new to the game, but I got completely hooked after this year's Faire (after a long absence from any faire...) Could become almost as big an obsession as cats...but not quite!
--M