PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Boston (U2!) & a PT meeting!

Vermontcat
05-17-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm so excited!:D
Next week I will be in Boston from the 24th to the 27th.
I will be seeing U2 in concert two nights and I hope to have time for at least one Pet Talk meeting on the drive back to Vermont.
On Friday the 27th I hope to visit SunKissedGoldens and Cookiebaker and a whole lot of adorable golden puppies!

Post here if you want to talk about U2, or what to see and do in Boston or to set up a PT meeting.
Mayor Karen, I don't know what your work schedule is but I will have a little bit of free time on Wednesday(maybe going to the New England Aquarium) and on Friday before I head back north.
Also wait until tonight if anyone wants to PM me, my box is about ready to overflow.

Killearn Kitties
05-17-2005, 02:28 PM
You're going to see the same band two nights running????? :D :D :D Hope you enjoy!

Cookiebaker
05-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see you!!

Have an awesome time at the concerts! Wow, that sounds like FUN! :D

Jadapit
05-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Omg, I'm so jealous that you get to see U2. I love them. It's exciting that you get to meet people from here also. You have to tell us all about the concert ok?;)

manda_moo87
05-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Awesome. :) I love U2, they were just here in Vancouver but I couldn't make it!

wolflady
05-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Sounds like you have a great time lined up for your weekend in Boston! I'm so jealous that you get to see U2!! LOL I have wanted to see them forever, and everytime I find out about them performing here in the Bay Area, the tickets are already sold out!

This year, I found out in time, but just the price for nosebleed tickets was way out of my range (well over $150!!!...for nosebleed!)
:o

Have an awesome time! :)
**hugs**

Karen
05-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey! Where are you staying in town? I work Wednesday during the day, but surely there's SOME time we could get together!

Vermontcat
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Killearn Kitties, we have better seats for the 2nd concert.;)

Cookiebaker, I can't wait to see you and Kara and those golden puppies!:D

Jadapit, I plan to take lots of photos at the concerts.

MandaMoo, they filmed their City of Blinding Lights video in Vancouver on April 27th. You could have gone to see them for free and been in their video too!
They also filmed their concerts in Chicago last week for their Vertigo Tour DVD, Bono's 45th Birthday was on May 10th.:)

Wolflady, yes the tickets are very hard to get and seats are expensive. I was lucky to get my tickets in the pre-sale in January.

Karen, I will PM you, we are staying near the Fleet Center.:)

Here's a U2 quiz if anyone wants to try it.:)
U2 Quiz (http://www.eonline.com/Fun/Quiz/U2/quiz.html)

LuvGold00
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Woo Hoo! Can't wait! Someone to come help make the puppies tired!! ;) ;)

aly
05-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I got all the questions on the quiz wrong! Hehe, I'm not a fan but I do hope you have a great time at the concerts and at the PT meeting!

Randi
05-18-2005, 12:30 PM
U2 is a great band, I love their music! I'm sure you'll have fun - and hopefully meet some Ptalkers too. :)

Vermontcat
05-18-2005, 08:33 PM
SunKissedGoldens, I got your PM and I can get the directions from Mapquest.
I can't wait to see all the cute puppies!:D

Aly, I got all the questions on the quiz right. It must be because I have been spending a lot of time on a U2 message board lately.;)

Randi, I know I will have fun. I hope to have lots of photos to share when I get back.:)

WolfQ and Captain, where are you? I know you are both U2 fans. (Hello, hello, hola?)

wolf_Q
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Yay for you! I'm jealous, I don't get to see them until December. :o I have GA tickets so I get to wait in line like 12 hours....in december..in utah...hmmm that's gonna be interesting.

I just took the quiz and I got them all right too. Go me! :D

What message board are you hanging out on? I'm a member of Zootopia and Interference (Feedback) but I haven't been on them recently.

Hey I found that U2 show book on sale too...$20, not bad. I spluged and bought the U2 & I book...expensive...but wow it's an incredible book. Now I have a new hobby of collecting U2 vinyl...not sure why as I have everything on CD already...but it's fun going "record hunting" lol.

Vermontcat
05-19-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm glad I have seats so I don't have to wait in line all day.

Good job on the quiz, I knew you'd know everything there is to know about U2.;)

I mostly hang out at the Zoo, I do peek in at Interference every once in a while to check for new concert photos.

That's great that you found the "U2 Show" book and on sale too!:)
I want to get the "U2 and I" book but I'm hoping the price will come down.
Check your PM's, I'm going to send you one.:)

Kfamr
05-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Amy and VermontCat - If you didn't already know, U2 will be on Good Morning America tomorrow. :) (I was going to wait to tell Amy this on AIM)

"Join "GMA" on Friday for our special summer concert series featuring U2. "

Vermontcat
05-19-2005, 10:08 PM
I know and I'm all set to tape it tomorrow morning.
That is one of the things I mentioned in the PM I sent Amy.
If you do talk to her on AIM can you remind her anyway in case she doesn't get to read her PM before tomorrow morning.
They will have videos of a few songs from their Chicago shows and an interview with the band taped at the most recent concert.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-20-2005, 08:11 AM
You are going to a U2 concert ? WOW!!! You are making me soooo jealous!!

Inna
05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow! I´m so jealous too!:o I´d so love to see them but they´re not coming to Finland... I´d by their book too but haven´t seen it... You are so lucky to see them twice!:D

ChrisH
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Wow, that is so great!!! :D :D :D Be sure to post full concert reviews plus pictures for us!! :) :)

Chris

RICHARD
05-20-2005, 08:29 PM
You have it backwards.

Shouldn't it be a PT meeting and U2???

;)

Have fun.

Uno, dos, tres, catorce!!!!

Vermontcat
05-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Lut, Inna and ChrisH, after they finish in Boston next Saturday, U2 heads to Europe for the summer starting in Brussels on June 10.
Richard, actually it is U2, day off, U2, then Pet Talk meeting on the drive back on Friday.;) :p
Amy, I will answer your PM soon.:)

ChrisH
05-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
... after they finish in Boston next Saturday, U2 heads to Europe for the summer...
Yes, I do know, just can't afford to go, nor do I have anyone to take me ... having said that I have entered a competition to win tickets, I'll worry about how to get there if I win! :D

Just out of interest, do you know the answer the competition question? (I'm sure you do. :D)

The song "Ground Beneath Her Feet" appears on the soundtrack to which movie?

Chris

Vermontcat
05-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Million Dollar Hotel.:)
Click here (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=665)
Go for it Chris! All the shows are sold out, you won't have any trouble finding someone who will want to go with you.
Which arena will it be at?

ChrisH
05-21-2005, 12:21 PM
LOL, I knew you'd know it! :D

There are 5 venues, London, Dublin, Glasgow, Cardiff and Manchester. I would love to go to the Dublin one - that would be awesome :D - but Manchester is the nearest one for me.

Vermontcat
05-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Bumping this up again since I will be leaving for Boston in the morning.
I hope to have a little free time on Wednesday to check in here and give a quick update.

Chris, any U2 concert will be great but the ones in Dublin should be the best because that is where the boys are from.

finn's mom
05-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Have fun in Boston! That's fantastic that you get to see U2! I love them, but, have never seen them live. And, two shows in one week?! Very cool. I did that last year for my birthday present to myself with my favorite band, it's so much fun! Have fun and be safe! Say hi to all the pet talkers you meet and please give all the beautiful golden puppies a kiss from Finn and me!

captain
05-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
You're going to see the same band two nights running????? :D :D :D Hope you enjoy!

......... and I am Soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!

YES - I damn well do want you to post about the U2 concert!!!:D :D :D

Have a ball ....................... twice over!!!!!!

ChrisH
05-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
.... Chris, any U2 concert will be great but the ones in Dublin should be the best because that is where the boys are from.
LOL, VC, I know :) I've been a fan of the band for a looooong time. :D

Have a great time! :D

Chris

wolf_Q
05-24-2005, 10:52 PM
I talked to her on the phone tonight from the concert, sounds like she's having a great time! What a great show, wish I was there with her!

Vermontcat
05-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Amy, I hope you could hear me ok because when I called back for the first song I couldn't even tell if you picked up the phone but I know I had it on for 10 minutes so I hope you could hear "City of Blinding Lights".
The concert was great, the weather here is awful though, pouring rain and cold winds when we left the concert we all got soaked.
Karen I have your work # with me, I am heading out the door now, I may call you in a little while.