PDA

View Full Version : Spending too much time on Pet Talk???

AmberLee
01-29-2002, 08:55 PM
:o :o :o
Is it just me, or do others periodically have to re-register here on the new Pet Talk?

I'm not sure if it's that I spend too much time here and time out or what, but periodically when I log out of one forum area into the main PT page, the system quits recognizing me and I have to log in again.

Am I doing something wrong, spending too much time here, or is this a bug that only affects me? (Or are others finding this too and it will be fixed?)

It's not that big a deal, but it kind of feels like I'm not welcome here... (It happens once or twice a day.) :eek:

LoudLou
01-29-2002, 09:00 PM
:( It happens to me too.... I thought it was just me.

AmberLee
01-29-2002, 09:03 PM
Whew, that's a relief! How often for you?

LoudLou
01-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Well, I work from home and have cablespeed so I am on-line.... Dare, I say it:o ALL DAY:o but I'd have to say it's happened maybe two or three times over the last couple of days. We just re-formatted one of my hard drives and so I have been thinking that's what it was.... glad to know I was wrong:)

aly
01-29-2002, 10:33 PM
It only happened to me once so far. That was about 2 weeks ago or so. Not sure why it happens, but don't let it make you feel unwelcomed!!

zippy-kat
01-29-2002, 11:00 PM
*knock on wood*

Hasn't happened to me yet...

My sis did have trouble the other day though...she was able to post in the mornin' but by afternoon, something went haywire...it would not allow her to post at all. Paul fixed it though (and fast too I might add)! Thanks, Paul!

lynnestankard
01-30-2002, 05:37 AM
Happened to me once - but cleared up later that day - I did wonder if Pet Talk was getting too many hits?
Horrible feeling isn't it - I was getting quite upset - like 'Let Me In Please'- whimper, whimper. :eek: :confused: :eek:

Lynne

Former User
01-30-2002, 07:06 AM
like Zippy-kat, never happened to us either (knock the wood... and I'm knocking my head now;) :D ).

Dunno what the problem could be....

purrley
01-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Only happened when they turned over to the new server. Ummmm can't imagine what the problem would be:(

Logan
01-30-2002, 07:21 AM
I refuse to answer the question. :D

But only once have I had to sign in again since the new format started. I deleted all my temporary files, and along with it my sign in name and password. Had to get a new one because I couldn't remember it!! :o

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 08:38 PM
I bop in and out of here all day (as if no one noticed :o ) and today alone I've had to re-log in three times. While I'm glad it's not just me, it's worrisome that some don't seem to have a problem at all. Maybe it's bopping in and out so often that stressing the system??? :confused:

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 08:48 PM
I'm not a computer whiz in any sense of the word, but could it be that you are not storin' the cookies?

Freckles
01-30-2002, 08:48 PM
I bop in and out all day, too. I've only had to relog once. I think it was the time Aly was referring to. I had noticed some of the features didn't seem to be working (esp. where you mark this forum read). I exited program. The next time I needed to relog, but problems were fixed.

LoudLou
01-30-2002, 08:52 PM
Come to think of it I think that's the only time I have to "Log-In" also. Maybe it has something to do with temp. files? ... Maybe we should ask Paul? We just moved 29 sites to another "Server" and have had some trouble too, so may be the server.... Computers were supposed to make our lives easier, weren't they??!!!:confused: :eek: ;)

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I'm not a computer whiz in any sense of the word, but could it be that you are not storin' the cookies?

:confused: Maybe that's it? I'm not aware of doing anything to the cookie file and it happens like 25% of my visits? :confused:

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 09:01 PM
check your CP options Amber.... in edit options, there's a 'browse board with cookies'--is that marked 'yes'?

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 09:02 PM
OHHHH and there's an

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)

option too!;)

Hope that helps!

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 10:59 PM
"Browse board with cookies" was set to 'no'. Maybe that was it???

Thank you, Zippy

zippy-kat
01-30-2002, 11:10 PM
No problem! Hope it works for ya!;)