PDA

View Full Version : cockateil story

caseysmom
05-17-2005, 12:15 PM
I took my daughter to her diving practice yesterday at a local college. I was sitting there waiting for her and a bird caught my eye flying around, at first I thought it was a swallow. Then it landed for a few minutes....it was a cockateil!

It was really amazing, so I am wondering ...can they live in the wild? I mean california isn't really their natural environment....or did it probably get loose?

Just wondering if I see it again if I should try to catch it?

My Peanuts
05-17-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't know if they can live there, but that's exactly how I got my Danny. My friend's neighbor cut down a tree and when it was on the ground Danny walked out. I live in Chicago and there is no way he would have made it through the winter. He must have been someone’s pet. Anyway, we couldn't find his owners and I've had him for about 5 years now. I named him Danny after the friend whose yard he was in :D

caseysmom
05-17-2005, 12:42 PM
I am going back there tomorrow, I'll see if he is still around. He flew away real fast and he was high, way over the building so he definetely hadn't had his wings clipped.

popcornbird
05-17-2005, 03:42 PM
He's probably a loose pet. Tiels aren't native to California...and I don't think they live in the wild. They just often get loose. Hope he'll be found and returned to his family!