PDA

View Full Version : How did she mange to do this?

Fox-Gal
05-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Yesterday, I let Brandy outside, to do her business before I left for town. She comes back in, everything seem fine, she did do one of her allergies sniffles/coughs, but it's that time of the year for her also. So I went to town.

I come home several hours later and she is acting funning. Just like when her allergies are in full force. coughing, gaging etc etc. I figure it time to medicate her again, as we have to do at least once a year with her.

I pick her up, have my husband hold her head so I get the meds down and what do we see, but something hanging from her noes.:eek: :eek:

I pull it out and it's a LONG blade of grass, it was long enough to be tickling her throat. As soon as it came out, she coughed one time and that was the end of that. She's 100% fine now.

How in the world did she mange to get a blade of grass in her noes and all the way to her throat? And what a BAD mommy, for not seeing it before I left for town. Poor baby, when several hours with that in her noes. I feel so bad, that I didn't take the time to see that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/Brandyyard.jpg

gemini9961
05-17-2005, 10:33 AM
LOL!! It's not funny really but it is. Good thing you found it but I can imagine the look on your face pulling that out of her nose. Poor thing. Who knows how she got it that far up there.

Fox-Gal
05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
I know it's not funy, but in a way it was. Once I got over the quilt of it all, I had to laugh a little too. Only one of my nuts could get grass stuck up thier noes. lol

I guess I have a grass sniffing dog on my hands now. Hope she doesn't become a grass addict, sniffing her "drug of choise" ever time she goes out. We might have to take her to grass sniffing rehab. :eek: :D ;) ;)

lute
05-17-2005, 12:39 PM
awww...poor baby.:( how on earth did you get that in your nose?:confused:

anna_66
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
They just amaze you sometimes don't they...doing the weirdest things like getting grass stuck up their nose:o Glad to hear it wasn't the allergies though!

Bigyummydog
05-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal

I guess I have a grass sniffing dog on my hands now. Hope she doesn't become a grass addict, sniffing her "drug of choise" ever time she goes out. We might have to take her to grass sniffing rehab. :eek: :D ;) ;)
grass addict... that's too funny.... :D :D :D ....and don't think you have the only nuts or sillies or ding dongs or....i've got two, and one is a 14 yr old boy....they ALL do things that just :confused: and most of it is funny, after the scare goes away.....:D

Fox-Gal
05-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Bigyummydog, Glad to know I'm not the only one with some nuts around, thing is I have 5 of them, dog wise. at least you can "sort" of reason with a 14 year old boy. I tried reasoning with Brandy.......for some reason it not working. :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to figure out how she did it, did she bend down for something on the ground and just happened to bend into a blade of grass, shoving it up her noes? Or was she eating grass and instead of coughing it out, she coughed it up her noes? :eek: :eek: :confused:

Guess I'll have to start checking her noes from now on, for signs of grass. lol

lizbud
05-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Dogs can get grass in their eyes & ears too.:rolleyes: Smokey
is a dog who LOVES to roll in the grass. He puts his face in one
certain spot that he's sniffed out, then lowers his whole body
into the good smelling spot & rolls around to his hearts content.

sandragonfly
05-17-2005, 06:40 PM
hilarous!! *:D* *:D* how did brandy adjust/react when you puuuull it out?

one time..(don't laugh!!!) I had my long fluffy cat's hairoot hanging out in my nose..it was really, really itchy...in class! I *see* it but never understood why it can't get out! off you, little hairy! finally that little rooty won me over to bathroom, I decided to just pull the tip of its root....*pullling...and pullll* I could feel it down in my throat! :eek: it felt SO good but SO TICKLY!! and gagged once...haha.

Fox-Gal
05-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
hilarous!! *:D* *:D* how did brandy adjust/react when you puuuull it out?

After the it's out cough, she ran to her bed and gave me a look, like 'what the heck' Don't know if she was mad at me or glad it was out and over with. All I know is the rest of the evening, she wouldn't let me near her face. "Touch my body, touch my legs, belly, get near my head and I'm tuning away!!"

sandragonfly
05-17-2005, 07:27 PM
oh poor little dog...*squeeking you, cutie!* :)