PDA

View Full Version : unique hobbit motel in NZ, lord of rings fans...

carole
05-17-2005, 03:52 AM
I know there are quite a few Lord of the Rings fans on PT, so thought I would share this really neat unique accomodation just opened in NZ, it is only like maybe 45 mins drive away from where I live and I do plan on staying there sometime in the near future, I think it is really different, and there are plans for another really unique motel on the drawing board too, so what do you all think? Go to www.woodlynpark.co.nz and have a cruise around, enjoy.:)

Killearn Kitties
05-17-2005, 04:01 AM
:D I like the hobbit accommodation, particularly the round windows! Looks rather nice inside. Have you been for a look around, yourself?

carole
05-17-2005, 04:05 AM
no not yet, I knew it was being built, but just saw the article in the local newspaper today, and then checked the website, I Love unusual places to stay, they kinda look weird from the outside, but befitting for the hobbit houses, sure hope to stay there in the near future, you can bet on it.:) I think 130 dollars for two is not too expensive either.:)
The ceilings look low though don't they , I wonder if my six feet something hubby would fit lol.?

BitsyNaceyDog
05-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow that's really neat.
I'd love to stay there, it'd be fun.

Twisterdog
05-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Might be a little claustrophobic. LOL They need to make Lothlorien ... now THAT would be cool! :D

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Aw man, I'd love to go there and spend a week! My friends all refer to me as a hobbit (even though I'm SLIGHTLY too tall, lol!):D I've always wanted to visit New Zealand since I've seen the movies!:D

sammy101
05-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Twisterdog
Might be a little claustrophobic. LOL

lol!It sure does!
That looks amazing,i would love to stay there!If you go there tell us what its like!