PDA

View Full Version : Picture Phone

petslover
05-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I was thinking about getting a cell phone that takes pictures. I have my account from Cingular. I was wondering if the picture phone was really worth having or is it just a waste of money?

Which kind of Cingular is the best but cheapest to buy>

Thank you!

flamepony12
05-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Well, it depends. I guess picture phones are fun, but it's not like you can really do much with the photos... I guess you could download them to your computer, but all my friends' pictures (taken from their phones) turn out quite blurry. The upside, though, is that you can have personal backgrounds.

christa
05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
All picture phone photos I've seen are blurry and dark.

If you just want a personal background, as flamepony suggested, and you have cingular, you can upload your own photo onto their cite and they'll send you the background.

I probably won't get a camera phone . . . unless they start giving them away, LOL . . .

Do you have a regular digi cam? If not, I'd put my money in a camera before I would a phone.

Cookiebaker
05-16-2005, 08:50 PM
My husband Mark just got a new phone with the camera in it. It is really hard to take a good picture with it. They are usually blurry and low pixels.

petslover
05-16-2005, 09:27 PM
oh okay!! Well I heard stories that they didn't take good pictures, but I wanted to get more advice.

I don't think I am going to get one. I just think I am going to get a regular flip phone though.. I am going to go tomorrow to look at new phones.

PJ's Mom
05-16-2005, 11:04 PM
I've got a Samsung E715 camera phone and have had it for over a year.

This is my phone: http://product.samsung.com/images/prod/product03/b2c_m_sgh_e715.jpg

It was great for awhile, it takes great pictures. Unfortunately like all things, the newness wears off and I rarely take pics with it anymore. :p

jenfer
05-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I've got a Samsung E715 camera phone and have had it for over a year.

This is my phone: http://product.samsung.com/images/prod/product03/b2c_m_sgh_e715.jpg

It was great for awhile, it takes great pictures. Unfortunately like all things, the newness wears off and I rarely take pics with it anymore. :p

i have the same phone. :) the pictures are ok, definitely not like your regular digicam. i love putting my own wallpaper though. :)