PDA

View Full Version : About American Idol.....

carole
05-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Now don't go letting the cat out of the bag folks, we are behind in NZ with American Idol, that is why I purposely stayed out of the thread that was started.

The last person voted off here I think her name was nadia, which I did not agree with , I am so waiting for Scott to depart, cannot stand the guy, and am not over thrilled by his singing.

I love all the contestants left, they are such a good looking, talented bunch, I cannot even pick my winner because I love all of them.

So many HOT guys, love constantine, Bo,The guy with the braids, forgotten his name, but he is one of my favourites, also the blonde guy.

Now don't be telling me the winner, has the winner been chosen yet in America?

Out of all the idols, Aussie and NZ, american Idol is still my all time favourite, and simon you still rock mate.

petslover
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
I won't spoil it for ya, but the finale hasn't happened yet. Right now, we are down to 3 contestants!

carole
05-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Kewl, well we are only like three contestants behind, so that is not too bad. Have you got a favourite? I know that Scott gets voted out, I just wish it was like real soon. lol.

petslover
05-16-2005, 07:07 PM
I am really diggin Bo Bice! I think he is going to be the next American Idol!

I think its going to be Bo Vs. Carrie in my opinion.

flamepony12
05-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Yep, it's down to three over here! I hope Carrie *or that other person left* ;) wins. To me, Bo sounds exactly like that singer from Blood Sweat and Tears.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I really want either Vonzell or Bo to win, I don't like Carrie.

petslover
05-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I think she knows who the top 3 is now.. lol!

catnapper
05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Oh Carol, I'm so glad you get to watch it - its been a good year this year. At least its down to two who have been my favorites all along!

flamepony12
05-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

hehe! ;) Guess she knows who the top three is now! ;)

christa
05-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Carrie is my fav! :)

Constatine WAS my fav . . . :(

This really has been a GREAT year for AI . . . other than the whole Paula scandle, which is a bunch of . . . :eek: . . .

flamepony12
05-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by christa

This really has been a GREAT year for AI . . . other than the whole Paula scandle, which is a bunch of . . . :eek: . . .

I've never seen Paula cry over an Idol leaving before. :rolleyes: What was the rumor about Paula? I know there was something, just can't remember what it was.

Haha, We heard that there was a guy with a website trying to get people to vote for the worst one, so that American Idol would be stuck with a loser to sign a contract with. :rolleyes: I'm guessing that's how Scott and/or Anthony got that far.

Kfamr
05-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I've only watched a few episodes, but Bo has been my favorite each time. He's HOT and can sing!

christa
05-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
I've never seen Paula cry over an Idol leaving before. :rolleyes: What was the rumor about Paula? I know there was something, just can't remember what it was.

Some guy from a previous season is saying that she & he slept together . . . that she gave him special treatment . . . bought him clothes . . . told him what to sing, what to wear . . . :rolleyes:

The thing is, he's got a CD coming out soon . . .

I can't remember his name . . . Cory something I think . . . he was the one that was kicked off the show, maybe last season, for some criminal activity . . .

I don't think that many believe his stories. Hope not anyway.

flamepony12
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
Gosh, I guess you can't tell what's true anymore.... :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
05-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Oops.. LOL. I guess I spoiled it. Shows what a big mouth I have. :p

Sorry, Carole. :o

manda_moo87
05-16-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm rootin' for Carrie and Bo. :)

carole
05-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Well guys you kinda spilled the beans didn't you? ah well my fault for starting the thread, just love the show so much, I love to talk about it., and drool over Ryan Seacrest everytime, he is sooo......cute............ok let an ole girl have dreams lol.

Ok tonite I got the biggest shock ever, I really believe America GOT IT SO WRONG, voting Anwar out, over Scott, I was gobsmacked, I so agree with Simon about Scott, he is pure Karaoke, nothing more, Anwar had so much more talent IMO, and he was HOT too, so sad to see him go.

I can't wait to see Scott go.........thank goodness America saw sense.

As for BO oh I agree he is a real HOTTIE, and I would love to see him win Idol, but constantine is also one of my favs,I will be sad to see him voted off, carrie is good, but she is not my pick for IDOL., I prefer Vonzell, either Bo or her I would be happy to see win, but BO is my preferred IDOL.

GO BO , GO BO, GO BO, he reminds me so of a famous rocker, lookwise and singing, just cannot place him.

catnapper
05-17-2005, 04:09 AM
Yes Carole, Hubby and I agreed with you over Anwar. He loved Anwar (him being a fellow teacher and all... he felt it was awesome a teacher could show his students that anything is possible if you put yourself out there). I can't understand why Scott got as far as he did. And Anthony? Well, he's relatively local so if I hear his name again any time soon I'll scream! :D (The local news went just a wee bit overboard promoting the local factor)

I had to spend a few Tuesday and Wednesday nights at my parents house in the past month (it shows here Tuesday night with the results being held on Wednesday night) and I got a kick out of how involved my parents are. My dad even votes for the contestants! :D I think its so cute! :)

carole
05-17-2005, 04:18 AM
Kim I could be way off base, but my gut feeling for Scott was he got the sympathy vote, why you may ask? because what sticks in my mind was him telling everyone how is father always put him down in life and told him he was no good for anything.

I really did feel for the guy too when he said that, and there is no doubt he can sing, but not that well, I alway's noticed when Simon said something negative about him, which was often he would sulk.

Sorry I just could not take to Scott's personality and it seemed like he had a big chip on his shoulder to me, but obviously the American public felt different and liked him.

I would have voted him off a long time ago, before Nadia(if that is her name) and Anwar just shone in comparison to him, however I donot think Anwar performed September as good as he should have, one of my fav songs, and I was a little disappointed in his deliverance of it, it just lacked that bit of oomph IMO..

This year there are some very talented people who are more than easy on the eye to look at as well, most impressed with the prospective Idol's.

I will be happy with any of the ones left to win it, But I am rooting more for Bo and Vonzell, than carrie, although I do like Carrie too.

catnapper
05-17-2005, 04:39 AM
Nope, I don't think you're off base. As hubby says "He got the geek vote". I think he has a nice voice, but nothing to compare to the others, and his image is TERRIBLE. As the show progresses he gets more and more full of himself (to put it politely.) Just wait for the week he's voted off - your jaw will hit the ground with how arrogant he is!

I think all of the remaining three have a great presence and will make a great American Idol. I am very impressed with Vonzell, as she wasn't this good in the beginning. I seriously thought she'd be voted off long ago, but she keeps coming back stronger and stronger. So who knows?

But, I want Bo to win. Hes soooooo cute. And I typically don't go for that look, but man does he carry it off! :D ;)

carole
05-17-2005, 04:46 AM
Yes I did notice he had a bit of a mouth Kim, he always had something to say, the majority of America saw something in him we obviously did not., oh I CANNOT wait for that show lol, just to see him get the boot makes me so happy.

Bo sure is one that captures my eye, not to mention I love his type of singing, he is soooo...the kinda guy I used to go for in my younger days, and he still appeals a whole lot lol, YUMMIE would describe him perfectly.

I agree Vonzell is amazing, she has a very powerful voice and can just about sing anything she puts her mind to, she is a very strong contender for the title IMO.

swimma253
05-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I feel the same way! I really do not like Carries attitude. Shes just not as likeable as the other contestants. But she does have an amazing voice. :p

christa
05-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by carole
Sorry I just could not take to Scott's personality ...

What personality? LOL . . . I'm soooo glad that they finally voted Scott off . . . I was really starting to have my doubts about AI . . . I actually considered never watching it again! :eek:

cookieluver7
05-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I disliked everything about Scott- image, voice, personality, etc. Yeah, he can sing better than I ever will, but he just was NOT an American Idol.

I think Carrie and Vonzel are great. I really hope Carrie wins, I like her sweet personality and she has a beautiful voice...... not to mention I love the country she sings. Vonzel can sing just about anything she's great too.

I don't like Bo though. He does the same thing every week. Rock and Roll then he walks out into the audiance..... blah blah same ol' thing every week. I know that lots of people enjoy him but I really think he isn't the best singer. One thing I do like about him is his personality. If he would win (Sadly, he has a good possibility) it wouldn't be terrible.

GRRR I was mad when Constantine left!!:mad: He was the BEST.

This season of AI I really think has been a good one. Can't wait to see who wins. I guess it's not only a mystery to the people of America, but to the contestents too! Just think how nervous they are about it!;)

Kfamr
05-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Oh my gosh. Is anybody watching?

BO IS AMAZING. All around. Wow

I can't stand Carrie's voice. I wouldn't be too dissapointed if Vonzell won, she's from here and she's got a great vopice.. but i'm rooting all the way for Bo. He's absolutely amazing and tonight's performance proves it all the way.

flamepony12
05-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Over here, it's not on 'till 8 or 8:30, but I'll be watching!

christa
05-17-2005, 10:14 PM

OK . . . after tonights show, I've changed my mind!

BO IS MY FAV!!!

OMG, he was awesome tonight!

GO BO!!!

petslover
05-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I loved when he sang without the instruments! Hes awesome!

christa
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by petslover
I loved when he sang without the instruments! Hes awesome!

I KNOW! At first I was like, OMG, what is he doing? It was so risky, but it sounded great! I really hope he wins!

jazzcat
05-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Go Bo!!! I love his voice and his whole 'on stage' performances.

I think Vonzell is good too but not any where near the calibur of Bo.

I'll give Carrie credit that she has a great voice but she absolutely no stage presence and there is just something about her attitude I don't like. Her attitude really comes through on the Wednesday night shows when someone is eliminated.

It's time to have a rocker as the American Idol - Go Bo!!!

As for Scott, he got as far as he did because of votefortheworst.com- a group of people who want the worst to win because they feel that show's producers have who they want to win picked in advance and use the judges and air time to "sway" the public. Now that Scott and Anthony are gone they are encouraging people to vote for Carrie. I think that is funny they consider her the worst now, so do I but I won't vote for her.

Kfamr
05-17-2005, 10:22 PM
I KNOW! At first I was like, OMG, what is he doing? It was so risky, but it sounded great! I really hope he wins!

Ditto! At first when he started singing a cappella, I was like "WOW, he's brave" but it was amazing. Absolutely amazing.

I was talking to my mom about the show afterwards, and saying what I liked and dislike about the final 3.

The reason I don't like Carrie, is I guess to me it doesn't seem like her singing is soulful. It's just she's out there and having fun, which is good, but I think an actual music artist has to be soulful. It's like she's just singing kareoke at a bar or club. She just seems like any other singer to me.

I think Bo and Vonzell have a lot of soul in their singing and they have fun as well. They seem so different and unique to me. They both seem more professional and into the music than Carrie does.

Another thing I think.. When Carrie performs, the music is basically the show. Her voice just acompanies it. As to Bo and Vonzell, their voices are really used in their performances.

flamepony12
05-17-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm watching it right now, and I think it may come down to Bo and Vonzell. Bo is definitely the favorite, and I think he'll win. It's always hard when you get down to 2 or 3 good contestants, because it's harder to decide who to dump! I agree, Bo was good, and Vonzell sounded pretty good on "I'll never love this way again". I liked (forgot his name's) comment on her, though, "Watch the smile, this is supposed to be a sad song" :o:p

krazyaboutkatz
05-18-2005, 01:04 AM
I think that Bo is my favorite right now and I hope he wins. My second favorite would be Vonzell because she's very talented and very likeable too.:)

carole
05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Right well I still have a way's to go to see that performance of Bo's yet, he is my all time favourite, but I really think Vonzell is probably a better singer all round, now don't go throwing stones at me, as you all know I JUST LOVE BO.

I would be happy to see either Bo or Vonzell win it, but it would be neat to see a rocker like Bo win .

Carrie is a sweet person from what I see of her and she adores animals folks, but I agree with what most of you say, she is lacking something, her voice is great, but she does not deliver the goods every week, whereas Bo and Vonzell do I think.

Did ya see Bo loves animals too, has kitties and doggies,what a lucky girl his girlfriend is.!!!!:)

Scott and Anthony are still with us, I like Anthony, and I so hope Scott gets voted off before him, Scott is such a dork., he should have gone long ago, way before Anwar and Nadia, they were way better than him by far.

Now remember folks, if this thread continues DONT BE TELLING ME THE WINNER PLEASE.;)

carole
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
OH MY GOSH I just watched the voting off last night, again I am gobsmacked, If I did not know better I would swear most of America are tone deaf.

Constantine should never have been voted off, Scott should have been, I feel outraged that this guy is still in the picture, I just simply cannot believe it, as Constantine was so popular with the girls, even Paula fancied him I am sure lol, since she was crying her heart out over him leaving.

I suppose Anthony will be voted off before this loser, unbelievable.

They are screening AI at 5pm here, which is a bad time for me, I am beginning to make our dinner, but I still manage inbetween preparation to watch the show, it used to be night time viewing, not sure why TVNZ changed it.

Fancy Vonzell being in the bottom three, that also was a suprise.

catnapper
05-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Ah, so Constantine was voted off t you last night. I was SHOCKED because I loved his style. I honestly all along thought the bottom three would have been him, Carrie and Bo. Dont; ask me why, thats just how I had it.

carole
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Me too Kim, although I am glad to see Vonzell in there too, but I think it would be a nice change for a rocker to win, vonzell is not all that different to Fantasia IMO, although a somewhat softer singer I think, Fantasia just reminds me of too much a gospel singer, she screams too much for my liking.

RedHedd
05-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Hate to bust your bubble, but Vonzell got voted off last night. The fight to the finish is between Bo and Carrie .... my votes are going to Bo!

carole
05-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey you are not supposed to tell me, all the suspense is gone now.:D oh well I sure hope Bo WINS it too, Carrie is great too and I would be happy for her to win, but Bo is hotter than hot and I so would love him to win it, NOW DON'T BE TELLING ME THE WINNER PLEASE. I can see I am gonna have to delete this thread soon, before you spill the beans.:D

catnapper
05-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by carole
I can see I am gonna have to delete this thread soon, before you spill the beans.:D
Or you can stop peeking inside ;)

I promise not to tell ya!

carole
05-19-2005, 08:27 PM
HA HA Kim you really think I can stay away from a thread I started, not on your nelly, but I will just have to , because I can see it is going to accidentally get blurted out here if I don't:D you guy's are no good at keeping secrets lol:D

micki76
05-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Well, all I've been doing is watching Idol and obsessing over Bo. Never been so intrigued with a singer. I got my tickets yesterday at the presale for the AI4 tour. Just. To. See. Bo.

I've always hated AI, but I caught his "Whipping Post" performance accidentally and have been glued to the danged TV since. Thank God for tivo, I keep watching all my saved AI eppy's over and over. I think I need Bo therapy. Maybe go to BB annonymous.

But how can you not have the HOTS for this guy?:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/bobicewp2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/bo9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/5155pg.jpg

*sigh*

And if you didn't already adore him, watch this:
http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LL7BX37IXAOB1XMDPS0QDNNST

Breathtaking isn't he?

*thud*

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by micki76
Just. To. See. Bo.

LOL!!!

I actually missed most of this week's episode....

I saw the first three songs, but missed the rest. I hear that was a bad thing to do, that Bo was awesome. I will NOT miss this week!!!

carole
05-20-2005, 04:21 AM
Thanks Micki for the great pics of Bodelicious, guess who is on my Desktop now, ya know he reminds me of Bob Segar.

Rock on Bo and win this competition.

:)

micki76
05-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
LOL!!!

I actually missed most of this week's episode....

I saw the first three songs, but missed the rest. I hear that was a bad thing to do, that Bo was awesome. I will NOT miss this week!!!

Amy, you can download Bo's second performance (In A Dream) from the link I posted in my previous post. :)

It'll be worth the wait, I promise.

Carole, it was rumored that he would sing a Bob Seger song on the last show. I wish the judges pick would've been a Bob Seger song, instead of what was chosen for him.

I'll attach my favorite screencap from last weeks show, too! :D

Kfamr
05-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Micki I have your same obsession. :o

I downloaded the "In a Dream" performance from Bearshare. :o

micki76
05-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Micki I have your same obsession. :o

I downloaded the "In a Dream" performance from Bearshare. :o

Kay, I have all of them, belong to 4 Bo Bice boards, and have about a half dozen CD’s burned of Bo Stuff (song’s, vids, etc.). I’ve ordered the Sugar Money CD (taps foot impatiently) and am awaiting its arrival. A woman MY age shouldn’t be acting this way, but I just can’t help it! I even bought those sexy cheap sunglasses at Wal-Mart like Bo’s!

I'm Bo-sessed! :p

carole
05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Another BO groupie here too LOL., obsession has no age limits micki:) Oh I would love to hear him sing a Bob Seger song, he would be so good at it, and he even resembles Bob, Bob was such a hunk too,look at this picture of Bob. , what you all think?

carole
05-20-2005, 04:11 PM
I love this pic too, not of Bo or Bob , but the judges.