PDA

View Full Version : sick kitty

wayne0214
01-29-2002, 05:35 AM
As of late I have been a bit concerned over Snow Tiger. He has been barfing up most of what he eats. There is no abatement of his apetite, but the problem is that he cannot keep anything down. This morning I gave him about a tablesoon full of canned all meat cat food. He began to barf that up, but apparnetly, he kept that little down successfully. He is obviously not feeling well because all he does is lay around my feet by the heat lamp. I don't know if this is something serious or whether it is a passing infirmity with him, or possibly he ate something that made him sick. Any suggestions? He has been so affected for about 24 hours, now.

...........wayne

Ila
01-29-2002, 07:36 AM
When Misty did that I was so concerned she could keep nothing down. I took her to the vet. She is long haired and she had blockage of hair impact in her and she was constipated. They gave her an anema and she was fine. Now I don't know what is wrong with your little one but I would go see a vet. :p

C.C.'s Mom
01-30-2002, 06:02 AM
Please go and visit your vet.

My deceased cat couldn't keep her food down either and was throwing up all day long. She was constipated and later diagnosed with stomach cancer. See your vet, because seeing your beloved pet suffer is heartbreaking.

purrley
01-30-2002, 07:21 AM
I agree a visit to the white coats is in order here. My Spencer throws up all the time, but this has been going on since he was a kitten - I've had him in to the vet numerous times and they can't find anything wrong. I've been giving him a Tagament pill when he has the really bad episodes and this seems to help. I've got giving Spence pills down to a Science, we all know that pilling a cat can be a real challenge.

tatsxxx11
01-30-2002, 02:23 PM
My Lizzie (Rainbow Bridge) would upchuck constantly after eating. She was always ravenous though and never lost her appetite. The vets' could never diagnose anything amiss though. I would definietely take your baby to the vet, just to ease your mind. Hope fully Snow Tiger just has an upset belly! Could be something as simple as something he ate, furballs, constipation....Please let us know how he's doing. What a beautiful name for your baby:)

lynnestankard
01-30-2002, 05:21 PM
Wayne
Please do take your furkid to see the vet -after 24 hours it's always better safe than sorry. It may only be a tummy ache or something but you'll rest easier knowing you did the right thing.
Let us know how she goes on won't you. Good Luck.:) :)
Lynne

wayne0214
01-30-2002, 06:45 PM
It is certainly appreciated all the interest in Snow Tiger's welfare. I remembered that I had some hair ball goodies in the 'frig. I got a few of them out and gave 'em to Tiger. Apparently that did the trick as he has stopped barfing and runs and plays as usual with Snow Cat and Jumper. It is suspected he ate something that made him sick, as he eats practically anything -whether it is kitty food or not. I hope this does the job. Today he ate up nearly a half bowl of meat mixed with dry cat food. In fact, he was so hungry that I had to physically restrain him from gulping everything down in "three bites". I took some of the all meat cat food and mixed it with warm water, plced it in a bowl, and made a "soup" of it. He really liked that. So, I will monitor him tonight and early in the morning and see if there is any kitty barf on the floor. If he is still barfing, then I will definitely take him to the vet tomarrow. Thanks to all of you, again for all the advice and caring.

..............wayne

AmberLee
01-30-2002, 06:57 PM
{{{Snow Tiger, Wayne}}},

Hang in there and thanks for keeping us posted. I feel so helpless when the little tykes are not feeling well... :(

It does sound hopeful that ST is hungry today. Fingers and paws crossed here!

lynnestankard
01-31-2002, 04:42 AM
Hi Wayne

I realise you won't be up and about yet - it's 10.35 here so I make it possibley 4,30am with you - but do please post and let us know if Snow Tiger's had a good night and NO barfing. :)

I'll be popping in and out through the day - as usual!! :D

Lynne

C.C.'s Mom
01-31-2002, 05:12 AM
How was Snow Tiger's night?
I'm happy you got him better with the hair ball rememdy and he plays with Jumper. It's always a good sign when they start playing again.

wayne0214
01-31-2002, 07:36 AM
Snow Tiger is apparently OK, as he slept by me,( with 5 other furkids), on the bed last night. No barfing and being his usual self again. So, I'll have to say that for now he is alright. But I have noticed that he does not eat any more dry cat food. He will eat practically everything else, that he more than likely got sick of it. 'Suppose now he will eat only canned cat food, which is alright with me, as I usually keep plenty of that on hand also. I willl keep all of you posted on his recovery. I suppose that I'll have to be careful and monitor what he eats more closely.

For those of you in Europe, I'm usually up before 4:30 AM PST (which is late for me) as I usually go to bed extra early, being tired from working in the field. and too tired to talk on this 'puter. LOL.

................wayne :)

lynnestankard
01-31-2002, 07:59 AM
YIPPEEEEE

Snow Tiger's feeling better:D :D :D

We're all well pleased and hope he stays well!!!

Lynne

tatsxxx11
01-31-2002, 07:48 PM
Yipppppppppeee! You go get em Tiger!!:D I'm so excited....Snow Tiger's on the prowl!!:)

wayne0214
02-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Sandra, "Prowl" is not the word for his playing this morning -more like "destroyer"! Him, Snow Cat, Orphan, and Jumper were tearing up the house, running through it, climbing curtains, and chasing each other. Sometimes he is wired for "220 volts". You are all familiar with how a kitten goes into snap-movements mode, chasing his tail, and making a mess of the house. I even had to run him out of the 'frig this morning. He slept on the bed with me last night again. Snow Tiger is back to being his usual self.

........wayne:)

wayne0214
02-01-2002, 09:00 AM
Sandra, "Prowl" is not the word for his playing this morning -more like "destroyer"! Him, Snow Cat, Orphan, and Jumper were tearing up the house, running through it, climbing curtains, and chasing each other. Sometimes he is wired for "220 volts". You are all familiar with how a kitten goes into snap-movements mode, chasing his tail, and making a mess of the house. I even had to run him out of the 'frig this morning. He slept on the bed with me last night again. Snow Tiger is back to being his usual self.

........wayne:)

AmberLee
02-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Great news! :D

tatsxxx11
02-01-2002, 04:46 PM
Wayne...Snow Tiger is not alone! We're always experiencing nightly "crazy kitty hour" and my Oliver spends a LOT of time on the bottom shelf of the frig!!:eek: Others here are familiar with him his penchant for getting in the strangest places, including the dryer!! So happy ST is back to his old self!!:)

wayne0214
02-01-2002, 06:47 PM
I want to thank all of you for your input and expertise on Snow Tiger's problem. Appearantly, it wasn't as bad as I had thought. The main reason I didn't report on it earlier is that I wasn't sure which one of the 9 kittens was sick. There was barf on the floor, but who's it was, I had no idea. Sometimes Snow Cat will barf, but only once in a great while. Therefore I had no idea which kitty was sick, until Snow Tiger was caught barfing the same day I posted the problem.

Today, they all played outside while I was digging (wet dirt) for a new flower bed. In a way it is a relief for me when they come in from being outside all day because they go to sleep after eating , instead of running around the house in the evenings. Beleive me, there is no movement tonight among any of my furkids! Thanks again.

..........wayne