PDA

View Full Version : DOG SURVIVES FIRE HORROR...Ailing pup set ablaze by sicko.

QueenScoopalot
05-14-2005, 06:21 PM
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/23998.htm
:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:
DOG SURVIVES FIRE HORROR

By MARK BULLIET and LUKAS I. ALPERT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ailing pup set ablaze by sicko.
Photo: Paul Martinka

May 12, 2005 -- A "sweet as pudding" pup was badly burned through a combination of naivete and cruelty when his owner tried to treat the dog's mange with motor oil — and a coldhearted neighbor tossed a match on his back, animal-rescue officials said yesterday.
Snoop, a 6-month-old pit-bull mix, was expected to live, but had his ears singed and suffered severe burns across his back, said Ruth Allen, manager of the city's Animal Care and Control shelter in Brooklyn, where the dog is recovering.

"He's as sweet as pudding — an excellent personality despite the injuries," she said.

No one has been arrested, and investigators are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the culprit who threw the match. Call the ACC's central office at (212) 788-4000.

The combustible mix of ignorance and savagery began when Snoop's owner, Tiffany Faulk, 18, tried to treat her puppy's skin disease with flammable oil because her family couldn't afford the $200 to have him treated by a veterinarian.

"Everybody told me about this home-remedy-type thing," Faulk said.

At around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Faulk said she returned with the dog to her building at the Cypress Hills Houses in East New York. As they walked in, Snoop bounded up the steps and someone viciously tossed a lit match on him, setting him ablaze.

"I do think it was on purpose. Everybody knows I was treating him with oil for his skin. Everybody knew he was flammable," Faulk said.

Can't afford the treatment...can't afford a dog! :mad:

moosmom
05-14-2005, 06:34 PM
:mad: :mad:

"Everybody told me about this home-remedy-type thing," Faulk said

"Home-remedy-type thing"??? She sounds dumber than a bag or rocks!!!

And that stupid a$$ neighbor need to be locked up.

"Can't afford the treatment, can't afford the dog"???

You got THAT one right!! :mad: :mad:

Some people are just too stupid to live!!! :mad: :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
05-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Stupid people....Glad the dog lived though!

CagneyDog
05-14-2005, 07:30 PM
:mad: What an IDIOT.

Poor pup :(

animal_rescue
05-14-2005, 11:56 PM
That's horrible!:mad:

Can't afford treatment, Can't afford a dog, is right!

Pit Chick
05-16-2005, 09:16 AM
I've also heard of the home remedy of putting used motor oil on a dog for mange. Don't know how effective it is, but if I was in her shoes I probably would have tried anything to help with the skin problem. That neighbor will have to return home some time and that's when they need to bust his a$$!