PDA

View Full Version : Casper's gone

LMM
05-14-2005, 11:54 AM
My cat, Casper went to the bridge about 1 1/2 hours ago. He had bone cancer in his jaw. He hadn't eaten since Thursday and he wouldn't let my clean the gunk off of his face.

I stayed with him in the vet's office. It took about 2 seconds and was very peaceful. Now he's out of pain and in a happier place with all the other critters who have gone before. RIP my White Devil. We'll miss you.

kittycats_delight
05-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I am soo sorry for your loss. I lost my dear Mytsi a little over a year ago to mammory cancer. It is soo hard to let them go but much harder to watch them suffer. They deserve better than that. You did the right thing in taking him away from pain and misery of such a horrible disease. Bless you for having to strength to let him be at ease and to go to the Rainbow Bridge and be happy and healthy again. I know now is very hard but you did the right thing by Casper. One day soon you will be able to look back at all the love and happiness you gave to him and he to you.

R.I.P. Casper. Godspeed to RB. My Mytsi will be waiting to show you around and be your new best friend until you purrson can be with you again furrever. Sleep sweet little one. You will be missed.

luvofallhorses
05-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Linda,

I am terribly sorry. :( (((((((((hugs)))))))))) You have my # if you need to talk. R.I.P. Sweet Casper :(

Cataholic
05-14-2005, 07:12 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Casper. Ask him to look up Tex, would you? He will be the too recent guest up there at RB, and will take extra good care of your Casper, I just know it.

Hugs at this most difficult of times.
Johanna

catmandu
05-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Casper,Pavie,and Tex,are guests of Honor,at the All Night Party,at the All Pet Drive in,and they will get ,a wonderful introduction,to all the Pet Angels,and thier Guardians,as they watch Pet Movies,and Cartoons,under the Stars,in Waco,Texas,and have Texas BBQ!Casper,you were a Great Companion Cat,and wants his Guardians,to know,that he will see them again,as nothing,can end ,the love,that they have between them.

sandragonfly
05-14-2005, 07:57 PM
oh jeez, this will be my last teary post..so hard! this is harder because I just read your hopeful thread about casper yesterday and now...he didn't make it. :( :( I'm very sorry! .... well, at least he's out of evil pains and plays freely up there :) ((hugs)) ...sorry.

LMM
05-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts. It's wonderful being able to share with people who truly understand. Thanks again for supporting a newbie.

Linda

todd
05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
I am soo sorry for your loss

rg_girlca
05-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Casper.

May the fond memories that you have made together, help ease your pain.

Rest in Peace dear Casper and have fun on the RB.

kittykay
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Casper. You did the right thing--they look to us to make that awful decision for them, and you saved him from more pain. He was a lucky boy to have you for a mama. I hope you can soon think of him with loving memories rather than tears.

Killearn Kitties
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
So sorry to hear about your poor boy. It's very hard to let them go, but sometimes it is the only thing that you can do for them.

Rest in peace, Casper.

furrykidsmother
05-20-2005, 07:54 AM
So Sorry to hear of your loss. RIP sweet Casper. Be happy & healthy at the RB.

LMM
05-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks again, everyone. It hurts a little less each day. Casper used to sit on the kitchen table and let out a very loud meow. Now, when I go into the kitchen, I let out a very loud meow. Makes me think that Casper and I are sharing a little joke. I know--that's so warped!

Killearn Kitties
05-25-2005, 12:50 PM
No, it doesn't sound warped at all! We talk to human being who have left us, tell them things that have happened, tell them how we feel. It helps! :)

kittykay
05-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Dear LMM, Genevieve left me five years ago April, and I still sit and talk to her beside her grave in our back yard. I tell her that it's spring again and I love and miss her. She was my companion for eleven happy years and we shared many laughs together. She, of course, laughed only on the inside, but I could tell! Anything that helps you get through your grief is healthy, so let 'er rip!

moosmom
05-25-2005, 01:51 PM
LMM,

I'm so sorry to hear about Casper. But know that he is in a better place and you were there till the end.

RIP sweet Casper. ((((hugs)))))