PDA

View Full Version : Florida PT Meeting - June 26th

Kfamr
05-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I've okay'd it with my parents to have the meeting at our house. So - the most important plans are set.
Here is some info on the meeting:

WHERE:
Kfamr's House in Palm Harbor, FL (I will PM my address when we've come closer to the meeting)

WHEN:
Sunday, June 26th - from 11am-Whenever

WHAT to bring: I'd really like if everyone could bring a side of food - chips, salad, or something.
If not, a few bucks to help us out on food costs. Also, we have a pool and i'm sure it'll be perfect for swimming around this time, so bring something to swim in!
(If you want to) Everyone do the sunshine dance in hopes it won't be rainy and nasty.

If you plan to bring something quote the following and add what you plan to bring:
FOOD
Main
Burgers & Dogs (Kfamr)

Sides
Veggie Tray (Kfamr)
Chips (Fox-Gal)
Home-Made Baked Beans (Dukedogsmom)

Other
Ketchup/Mayo/Relish/Mustard/ect.. (Kfamr)
Drinks (Fox-Gal)

Some things we'll need (if no one else volunteers i'll get them)

Burger & Dog buns
Some sort of salad (Slaw, Potato, Pasta??)

Just some suggestions, you're welcome to bring whatever!

As to who plans to attend..

People - 7
Kay (kfamr)
Ken (kfamr's dad)
Mary (kfamr's mom)
Valerie (dukedogsmom)
Kari (kblaix)
Justin (kblaix's husband)
Judy (shutterbug0303) & Friend

Dogs - 6
Simba (kfamr)
Nala (kfamr)
Kiara (kfamr)
Duke (dukedogsmom)
Nova (kblaix)
Skye (shutterbug0303)

I hope we get some people to show. We plan to have your yard extended and divided in time for the meeting-
This is what it SHOULD look like.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/peenig/house1.jpg
We're going to put up an extra fence so that we can put any problem dogs or even small dogs in there.
Just incase we need it.
The "dog park" area is where the dogs can do whatever they feel like doing.
The Garden Area is where they can go as long as they are supervised.

Kfamr
05-14-2005, 11:10 AM
About my dogs:

Since we all know a little about eachother's dogs, and i'm paranoid what people will think about them - here's a "warning" - Feel free to say something about your dogs as well, and let people know what to expect.

Simba:
He has his good days and his bad days, he hasn't had a bad day in a LONG time, so I expect he'll be fine.

Sometimes he is a little weary about new people, though. Eventually he gets used to everyone but at first he may bark and growl. You've just got to take it slow with him. He gets annoyed by some dogs, but recently he hasn't had any problems.

Nala:
She thinks everyone on Earth is for here and her only. she may pretend to be a lap dog. However, if there's other dogs around she may not pay any attention to you. She's a very mouthy dog when it comes to playing.. she loves to talk. Some dogs don't understand this and may get snappy with her - she won't back down to something like that. She is very protective over her food, so lets keep bones and chews away - treats should be okay.

Kiara:
She's very scared of people at first. She'll bark her little head off. Want to become friends? Throw her ball for her. After a while she's okay with people.
She's VERY submissive, so she personally has never had a problem with another dog... but dogs seem to like to chase her.

LKPike
05-14-2005, 02:47 PM
:( :( :( :( I wish I was licensed by then!!! I'd love to meet your pretty girls! :(:(

We'll be doing the sunshine dance here for you guys, hopefully the weather will cooperate for some fun in the sun pics of the party!!!

Kfamr
05-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Just hook Frankie and Jillian up to a sled or something!

finn's mom
05-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I'd like to make it, and, I still want to try, but, I just don't know if I'll have the money to make the trip. I should be working by then, though, and, it might be an option. :) You can put Finn and me as a "maybe", if you'd like, and, it's not too late. :)

Fox-Gal
05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
You can put me down for bringing chips and some drinks. I think those would be the safest item in the car with my pups.

Also about my dogs.

Mooch:
She is blind and has some hearing lost, So expect her to bump into you and your pups, if I let her free at all. She will growl if she bumps into another dog, but nothing else. Also, A sedative thing for me with Mooch, she is 18 years old and her age is showing, in everything, hair lose and a major drop of weight. :( When people see her, the think the worse, of her and me. She does look very bad, to most people. But the vet says she is not suffering in any way. Just a warning so people don't say, OMG.

Odie:
Odie is a big dog with cat like ways. He sleeps and eats, just like a cat. But he will put up with most anything. The only thing about Odie is he was severally beaten by his last owners and still is a little funny about sudden moves, but if you come to him nicely, his tail will wag and you will have a friend. Also Odie has arthritis, so moves slow sometimes.

Tuffy: (if he comes)
Tuffy, is a Boxer as like most Boxers, he will jump on you to give you his Boxer hug. If you don't like it, put your you knee up to stop him, after a few times, he will figure it out. Now my big worry, Tuffy has never been exposed to other dogs, besides the ones here, so I really have no way of knowing how he will react.
If this worries any one, please let me know and I will leave him home or mussel him, what ever you prefer. Besides that Tuffy is all lover.

LKPike
05-16-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Just hook Frankie and Jillian up to a sled or something!

lmao, they would look at me like "well... this is the weirdest thing shes done for a photo of us. i'm tired. zzzz."

BitsyNaceyDog
05-16-2005, 01:08 PM
I'll have to think about what to bring, but I'll let you know.

Nova is very easy going. She loves everyone, people and dogs both. She was a little scared of Nala last time because of Nala's size (and Nala thought she was a toy :) -LOL). She has a tendency to horde toys and sometimes she can get a little protective of them, but we've never had any real problems with it.

Kfamr
05-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Yay, I'm glad I get to see Nova again. She's such a little cutie.
Nala is fascinated with little dogs. She loves to play with them if they're not too scared of her. She adores my cousin's 2 Maltese's, and generally finds the smallest dog to play with at the park. ;)

Blustang24
05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I hope you have a great time!!! It sounds like it'll be lots of fun! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
05-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I was just thinking about you, Lauren.
Why aren't you going to come?

Blustang24
05-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
I was just thinking about you, Lauren.
Why aren't you going to come?

I just think it's in the best interest that I don't go.

Maybe I'll see some of you around another day though.
:)

Kfamr
05-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Blustang24
I just think it's in the best interest that I don't go.

Maybe I'll see some of you around another day though.

Why do you say that?:confused:

Blustang24
05-24-2005, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't want to make the situation any more awkward.

Kfamr
05-24-2005, 12:45 AM
What situation? As far as i'm concerned you're allowed to be here.

Blustang24
05-24-2005, 05:55 PM
I sent you a PM. :)

Kfamr
05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Whatever.

Anyways.. Back to the meeting. We should have our yard finished in time. We got the inspection done and passed today. :)

Kfamr
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Anyone else want to give any input as to what they're bringing? It'd be very appreciated.

And for you maybe's.. and idea if you're coming or not? :) Everyone's welcome!

dukedogsmom
05-25-2005, 07:35 PM
What else do you think would be good? Do you have baked beans? I could bring that.

Kfamr
05-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Sure, beans will be good. :) Want me to put you on the list for that?

dukedogsmom
05-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Sure. And they'll be home made, not canned.

finn's mom
05-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Anyone else want to give any input as to what they're bringing? It'd be very appreciated.

And for you maybe's.. and idea if you're coming or not? :) Everyone's welcome!

It's going to be way up in the air for me for at least another couple of weeks! But, I'm hoping! Is anyone coming down there from South Carolina or further? One car, two drivers is always better than fewer....just a thought!

shutterbug0303
05-26-2005, 11:52 AM
My turn to chime in! I have not fallen off the face of this earth...no worries! ;)

As far as my attendance, it is only a matter of "time" at this point. I don't think money will be an issue...it is the time that I have to take off work that could be a problem. I have mentioned it casually, so I'll see if I can get my time in now while I have the chance. We were just talking about vacations today, so it will be a good time.

Kari - I'm in Myrtle Beach - and imagine I will be coming, so maybe we can find a way to get together in SC and continue the trip together! Check your PM's for more info :D

As soon as I see what's going on here and make a final decision I'll let everyone know what I'm going to bring and some of Skye's newly developed "quirks" :rolleyes:

:D

finn's mom
05-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by shutterbug0303
Kari - I'm in Myrtle Beach - and imagine I will be coming, so maybe we can find a way to get together in SC and continue the trip together! Check your PM's for more info :D

I did, and, replied! I hope, hope, hope that Finn and I can go! Maybe a trip to Folly Beach would wear him out, and, we could meet there. Hmmm, I'm brainstorming big time! :) It's just the opposite for me, I think, as in time won't be an issue, but, $$ might! :)

Kfamr
05-26-2005, 07:43 PM
This would be great if you guys could come. I would offer for you to stay in our home (we have a guest bedroom with 2 twin sized beds and enough room for a crate) but i'd have to see what my parents would think of two larger dogs staying here, and don't know if you guys would want to anyways. :p If not, there is a pet-friendly hotel in front of my neighborhood. Valerie has stayed there and so has Kari (Kblaix), so if you're interested in that you could ask one of them. :)

dukedogsmom
05-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Here you go. This is where I stayed. I think Kari stayed at a Quality Inn. That may be more expensive.
http://www.idcide.com/hotels/fl/knights-inn-palm-harbor.htm

beeniesmom
05-26-2005, 09:14 PM
where is palm harbor.... north fl, south, in the middle? What bigger city are you near? if it's close to me, i'd like to attend.

Kfamr
05-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Here you go. This is where I stayed. I think Kari stayed at a Quality Inn. That may be more expensive.
http://www.idcide.com/hotels/fl/knights-inn-palm-harbor.htm

When she came here for Kiara's com-paw-tition she stayed at the one in front of my neighborhood. :)

Kfamr
05-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
where is palm harbor.... north fl, south, in the middle? What bigger city are you near? if it's close to me, i'd like to attend.

It's near Clearwater, Tarpon Springs, and Duniden. :) Tampa is about 45 mins away or so.

beeniesmom
05-27-2005, 08:11 AM
oh, it would be quite a drive for me.... I live on the florida/georgia border. It would probably be a 6 or 7 hour drive.... I don't know yet. I'll see what hubby says. :)

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 12:30 PM
According to Yahoo, the Jacksonville Area (closest city I know to GA border in that area) is around 4 hours away. :)

I do hope you can make it. Tell Beenie if she can get her mom and dad to bring her i'll have to get some baloons for her and Ki to pop together. ;)

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 12:50 PM
I am really excited! I hope Finn and I can make it! :) I need to start thinking about what I will bring, though, if we do drive down there! Hey, how far is it to Disney World? I have a friend that can get me in either cheap or free, and, if I'm going to be that close, I need to make an effort to go! And, if I drove with shutterbug, I could just fly back or something. This is, of course, mostly just wishful thinking, but, it's fun to do that! :)

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Disney is around 2-3 hours from here. Although, if you're going to Disney, you'll have to think of Finn too. They have some sort of restriction due to the hot weather for dogs and flights.

Unless, of course, you're more than welcome to leave Finn here. ;)

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 01:23 PM
I'll have to look into all of it before I worry too much about it. :) I just hope I can get down there at all! Where is Cypress Gardens?

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Cypress Gardens is around 1 hour and a half from here. :)
A LOT cheaper than Disney too! :p

Samantha Puppy
05-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Push it back to early August - I'll be in FL visiting my best friend and I'd *love* to meet you all!!! ;)

(I know you can't, it's just wishful thinking.)

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Jaime, we'll have to figure out something when you come down. A trip to the beach together, maybe! :)

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I need to know about how many people are coming because I'm fixing surprises for everyone and I've got to place an order somewhere.

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
The count of people are on the first post. :)
Those are the only people who have said something.

shutterbug0303
05-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Ok everyone......mark me down as a Y*E*S!!! :D :D

I am making my hotel reservations right now!!! I'm either going to travel Friday night/Saturday morning or all day Saturday! This seems a little crazy for me...but hey, a lot of fun I hope!!! Now, to figure out what to bring and to write Skye's bio. Depending on what happens with Kari, I will probably be bringing a friend - for some help with Skye and some company on the trip! :D I'm so excited! Thanks for the bedroom offer Kay! I just figure if I have someone with me, it will be easier to hit the hotel. I'm booking it at the Knights Inn....happy with the rates :D ($50 for a king per night)

I'll get back to you with me info tomorrow :D

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm really hoping to make it! I'll have to sit down and really think this over this week. I'd love to ride down with shutterbug! :)

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Woo Hoo! What fun. I'll make 8 surprises, then.

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
WOOHOOOO!!!!

I'm so excited. Skye has to be one of my favorite PT puppies too. She is so cute. I can't believe we get to meet you two! Thank you soooo much for traveling down here just to see us!
I hope you can make it too, Kari! :D

How long do you plan on staying in FL Judy?
We'll HAVE to bring Skye to the beach with Kiki if you have time!

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Even if I can't make it, I'm excited! That's going to be a fun group!

shutterbug0303
05-27-2005, 10:01 PM
How long do you plan on staying in FL Judy?
We'll HAVE to bring Skye to the beach with Kiki if you have time!

Thanks Kay! :D

I think (think being the key word) that I want to leave Friday afternoon/evening and drive all night...be there on Saturday and stay until Monday....but I'm not totally positive. Just a thought.

Skye LOVES to walk on the beach...but the waves coming at her are a different story! lol Maybe Kiara can convince her that the waves are PHUN! :D hehe

BitsyNaceyDog
05-27-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm so excited!

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Me too!

Kfamr
05-27-2005, 11:03 PM
I feel a bit silly posting these but I want to make sure out dogs stay safe and so does our house with 8 or so dogs romping around.

*PLEASE* pick up your dog's poop. Now that we've got our yard nice and clean, we like to make sure it's poop-free most of the time.
We have installed a "Doggy Dooley Septic Tank" - http://www.dog.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=250204+001&Cat=
We'll have bags that can be used to pick it up but *cannot* go into the septic tank. The septic tank won't work correctly with synthetic materials in it - so the poop only. You can throw the bag away in the trash can.

*PLEASE* watch your dogs, at all times! If you're not watching them, make sure someone is.

Our yard has two sections right now - one is an area with nice flowers. Our dogs are still learning to stay OUT of the flower beds, as before we let them do what they please. Please be near your dog in this area and don't allow them in the flowerbeds.

Just so no pups get jealous or pissy - lets keep bones away. Toys and treats will probably be fine. While we eat, lets keep our dogs on leashes or seperated somehow so that they don't get mad at eachother.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I hope it doesn't sound snobby or anything. :o

dukedogsmom
05-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I hope Duke behaves

finn's mom
05-27-2005, 11:07 PM

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I hope it doesn't sound snobby or anything. :o

Not at all. It's all too important to set up basic rules, just in case. :)

Kfamr
05-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Any updates on those who were hoping to come? (Finn& Kari?? Beenie's Mom???)

finn's mom
05-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm about 80% sure I'll be there! :) The only thing that will prevent me from coming is if I don't make any money with my new job! I really don't see that happening, but, I have never been in the insurance industry before, so, it's a possibility that I won't do well. I'm finishing my training this week, so, I'll know better by the following week how my finances will look! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
05-31-2005, 06:25 AM
It's always good to have rules and guidelines when so many dogs will be in one place. I'm glad you posted that, Kay.

I'm toying with the idea of bringing Nacey instead of Nova this time. The others don't do as well with bigger dogs, so they aren't even an option. Nacey would share toys and play better, but Nova rides better in the car. We'll see, I'll post when I decide for sure who I'm bringing.

kay- I forgot to tell you that we may be bringing my sister over to Palm Harbor with us. Her boyfriend lives over there and she may come with us and spend the day with him. That's not confirmed yet though. She won't be at the meeting, I just wanted you to know.

Kfamr
05-31-2005, 06:57 AM
Glad you and Finn may be able to make it.

Kari (Kblaix) - Either Nacey or Nova are welcome, or even both. ;)

If your sister does come here, that's no problem! The more the merrier. :) I'm sure they'll be plenty of food for her, although it'd be awfully odd to sit with people you don't know whatsoever. :p

BitsyNaceyDog
05-31-2005, 11:40 AM
If your sister does come here, that's no problem! The more the merrier. :) I'm sure they'll be plenty of food for her, although it'd be awfully odd to sit with people you don't know whatsoever. :p

She wouldn't be at the meeting. We'd meet her boyfriend somewhere for him to pick her up and they'd go off for the day. She hasn't gotten to see him in 2 months (they've been dating for about 3 years, I think). I just thought I'd tell you that she might be traveling over to Pinellas with us. Just in case something happens and she has to be at the meeting (like if they get into a fight or something). There's maybe a 1% chance of that happening, but I need to be prepared in the event that something does happen.

beeniesmom
05-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Sorry it took me so long to let you know.....
We won't be able to make it this time. :(
I hope I get another opportunity to meet you all.
Sorry again.
I'll try to console you all by posting some new Beenie pics later today. :)

finn's mom
05-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
Sorry it took me so long to let you know.....
We won't be able to make it this time. :(

There'll be other chances! I'm sorry you won't be able to be there. I'm really, really hoping to make it down there with Judy (shutterbug) and Skye! It would just be super cool to meet so many of you!

Bagd84MonteSS
06-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Sounds like fun. Maybe me and Emilie will stop by. Can we bring orion? I dont think the dogs will like that too much.

HEHE

finn's mom
06-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Bagd84MonteSS
Sounds like fun. Maybe me and Emilie will stop by. Can we bring orion? I dont think the dogs will like that too much.

HEHE

who's orion?

Bagd84MonteSS
06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
he's my cat. Prob not a good place to bring him.

Kfamr
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Orion can come and stay in my room anytime. ;) He was good boy when he was here last. But I doubt all of those dogs would enjoy his company. ;)

finn's mom
06-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Bagd84MonteSS
he's my cat. Prob not a good place to bring him.

OH!! Ha, ha, that could be a very interesting meeting! ;)

Kfamr
06-03-2005, 10:05 PM
I was just thinking.. Are there any games or contests or something you all would like it do?
I can't think of anything that would be fun for ALL of the dogs & people, but if anyone has an ideas, let me know!

finn's mom
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
I was just thinking.. Are there any games or contests or something you all would like it do?
I can't think of anything that would be fun for ALL of the dogs & people, but if anyone has an ideas, let me know!

That would be a great idea, I can't think of anything, though! It's late and my brain has turned to mush! I so hope I can make it, Kay!

shutterbug0303
06-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I finally have a second with my laptop to post a little about Skye...

She attends daycare daily, so plays with a variety of people and dogs all the time. However, as both I and the person who runs the daycare has noticed, Skye turns into a different dog when I am present. It seems as though she gets much more nervous around other people and dogs when I'm on the other end of the leash. We are training right now to correct this problem. She does NOT like small children because they grab for her. If you kneel down and just reach towards her without fussing over her, she will come and smell you. It just takes her some time to get used to new people. The other new/strange behavior is her nervousness of small dogs...?!?! I don't know where this came from, especially since we have a small dog! At obedience, she would growl and raise her lips towards the smaller dogs (yorkies, dachshund, english bulldog puppy) and extremely high energy dogs that jumped towards her. There was a dog there that resembled Simba that she fell in love with! So that is good news for Simba. I feel like Skye will get along great with Kay's pups, as long as she doesn't annoy Simba (lol) and will also get along with Duke (again, as long as she doesn't annoy him). We are going to meet with Finn and Kari to make sure those two get along before any final driving decisions are made. So, the only thing left to be seen is how well she cooperates with Kari's (KBlaix) pup and Libby's (fox-gal) pups.

**Finger's crossed this girl isn't going to embarass me! lol**

My only other planning decisions are what to bring to the party...still working on that one! ;)
Oh, and driving decision I am about 95% positive is going to be driving Friday night/Saturday morning and having all day Saturday to rest/relax/recoup from the trip. Then leaving FL on Monday morning.

Fox-Gal
06-04-2005, 01:43 PM
**Finger's crossed this girl isn't going to embarass me! lol**

LOL that's my feelings about bringing Tuffy. I know he's going to embarrass me, some how, some way.

Also now that I think about it, does anyone have an unfixed male coming? Tuffy has always been fine with all females, but unfixed male can trigger him at times. Him being unfixed (because of his heart) he can get a tude with some un altered males.

I still need to know what others think about me bring Tuffy, sense he has never been exposed to other dogs before, if that worries anyone here? Just let me know before the date as thats going to be a big factor on Tuffy and I coming. Most likely Tuffy will be on a leash at all times, in less I see that everything seem safe and fine. Maybe I worry to much, but I've been told I'm a worry wart. :)

shutterbug0303
06-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh, Libby! I can totally sympathize with being a worry-wart. I am not worried about Tuffy though. Some scruff are to be expected I'm sure. My girl is coming on 50-55 pounds know...so she'll probably be at 65 when we are down there. Although she is not even 4 months old yet, she's a tough girl. So, I'm not worried about Tuffy at all! :D

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Wow, she's going to be huge when she grows up! I can't wait to see her. She's so beautiful.

Kfamr
06-04-2005, 02:54 PM
I think it'll be fine as long as he's not a humper. Although, fixed dogs hump as well.. it seems anytime Kiara's had a problem with dogs at the dog park is when they humped her. Simba will probably just be on a leash or inside most of the time... he doesn't really like too much company usually. Nala is just like Kiara.. as long as he doesn't hump her.

Now, the only thing i'm worried about is the weather. :( It's been raining non-stop this whole week.

We just bought poop bags at the pet store just for you guys. :p

Fox-Gal
06-04-2005, 03:15 PM
LOL I assume that for Tuffy...........and no he's not a humper, he's a licker, jumper, hugger and butt sniffer, but no humping. :D

So far it's an Ok for Tuffy........Val? finn's mom? kblaix? Chime in, yes or no? Then I wont drive all the way up there, worrying that some might say, why did she bring him, being an un-altered male.

No one where white....Tuffy has a thing for white, meaning it wont be white long, with him around. White calls for Tuffy hugs and paw prints on your clothes :D ;) lol

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Fine with me. Duke's never been around an unaltered male so I don't know how he'll react. I've got enough problems just wondering how Duke will do. Hopefully this new medication is going to help out a lot.

finn's mom
06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Please, bring Tuffy! Out of the 100s of males (altered and unaltered) that Finn has encountered at dog parks, he's only ever had an issue with one or two. He's had dogs come at him before, and, he'll defend himself, but, he's never started anything, except for those couple of dogs I mentioned. And, they were both herding dogs, really vocal and pushy. But, I'm getting Finn neutered before we come down there, or we're probably not coming. Again, it's never really been an issue before, but, I just think it'll be better all around, and, he needs to have it done, anyway. I'm hoping to take him to the Humane Society this week. They will do it for $40, so, that's within my budget. :) I'm still crossing my fingers that this all works out and that we can make it down there!

shutterbug0303
06-04-2005, 06:35 PM
We just bought poop bags at the pet store just for you guys. :p

Yippie!! Our very own poop bags!!!! :D :D :D (Skye needs the extra-large variety! ;) lol :p )

Thanks Valerie!! It will be so fantastic to meet the FL crew too!! I'm really excited!!!

Kfamr
06-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Here's some game ideas I had, but not all dogs would be interested...

Frisbee Catching
Ball Catching
"Bobbing for apples" (Cut up apples, put in bucket or something, allow dogs to get them - whoever eats/gets all of their apples wins?)
Sit/Stay, Lay/Stay contest?

And I thought it may be fun, if anyone wants to participate, to have like a mini-gift swap? I could make a questionnaire and exchange names between everyone nad we could buy a little something for eachother (or for the pets?) Whichever. Just an idea.

finn's mom
06-04-2005, 09:50 PM

Frisbee Catching
Ball Catching
"Bobbing for apples" (Cut up apples, put in bucket or something, allow dogs to get them - whoever eats/gets all of their apples wins?)

And I thought it may be fun, if anyone wants to participate, to have like a mini-gift swap? I could make a questionnaire and exchange names between everyone nad we could buy a little something for eachother (or for the pets?) Whichever. Just an idea.

I think all the games sound fun! I don't know if I'd be able to participate in the gift swap, but, I'd like to. It would be nice! I'm still crossing my fingers that I'll even be able to make it at all!

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Since I'm already going to order things for everyone, I couldn't do the mini swap, too. I think everyone will like what I'm getting. I can't wait to give them! I'm planning on 10 and I hope that's enough.

Fox-Gal
06-04-2005, 10:22 PM

Frisbee Catching
Ball Catching

Can Tuffy have a prize for last place................cause thats where he will be. LOL j/k about the prize, not last place.

Sounds like fun though, maybe Tuffy can learn a few things from the others...........like sit/stay, it's stay he has a problem with. ;)

As to the swap, how anyone else whats to do it, is fine with me.

shutterbug0303
06-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm up for anything!!!

I saw a few cute games to play at dog parties while i was planning Sahara's. There were things like musical chairs with the dogs, and a dress up relay race. Bubble popping contest and a bobbing contest. Skye loves to "try" and catch things! She is a big fan of tennis balls (not quite like Ki though) but she is terrified of water. Maybe if she was the other dogs playing in it she would too. She's young and impressionable?!?! lol :D

To the gift-swap...I don't want to take anything away from Valerie's gift but I can certainly do a "little" something if that is what the concensus wants! It would be fun!

Kfamr
06-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Does anyone else have any ideas for games and such? It doesn't seem my ideas would "work" for everyone. :p

aly
06-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Just some suggestions for you guys....

Dog/Owner look-alike contest

Costume contest

Relay races

Recall races (2 dogs are held at one side of the yard and their owners stand on the other side. When someone says "start", both owners call their dog's name and see who can get to mommy the quickest!)

"My Dog Can Do That" - REALLY fun game we play in Obedience.
Review: http://www.netpets.com/dogs/reference/reviews/mydogcando.html
Available at http://www.doglogic.com/

chain of commands (first person has their dog do a trick or certain behavior, then the second person does that with their dog and adds a new thing. After a few turns, there will be a long chain of things the dogs do - ex: sit, play dead, roll over, fetch.... the dogs would have to go through the entire list on each turn)

Hide and seek

Tail wagging contest

Hope that might help give you guys some different ideas :) A lot of these we do in obediance classes so I know they work with a big group of dogs (don't require contact between dogs and can be done on leash if needed).

Hope you guys have tons of fun!

Kfamr
06-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I like those ideas, Aly.. I'll see what everyone else thinks.

We don't have to have "Games" but I thought it may be fun. I know it'll be fun anyways to just sit around the pool and chat.

Is anyone planning on swimming? :p

Fox-Gal
06-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Dog/Owner look-alike contest

Oh no, please don't say I look like a Boxer. LOL

Recall races
Tail wagging contest

Sounds like there might be some games out there that my ding bat can do. ;) As long as the size of the wagging tail doesn't count. LOL

Is anyone planning on swimming?
I don't even know if I have bathsuit that will fit me any more, sense the weight gain or if I even want to see what I look like in a suit. But if I can swim in shorts I might just get in. Now if I drop 40/50 lb's in time, then looks out pool!!! :D

Kfamr
06-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Libby, shorts and a shirt are fine. That's what I do. :)

finn's mom
06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't do cold water! ;) But, I'll bring my swim suit just in case. I really hope I can make it, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Finn acts like a nut with other dogs around, but, we'll play whatever games we can. Can't guarantee that he'll even sit on command if his other choice is to play with a dog. But, it'll still be fun! :)

shutterbug0303
06-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't have big lips and ears, but if you want to think I look like Skye, then thats a compliment! ;)

As far as swimming, I don't even swim in my own pool, but if the weather is hot enough, I'm sure I'll be looking to cool down. Skye on the other hand will stay as far away from the water as possible! lol

Now...if Skye needs to do something other than sit and down to play a game, I'm in BIG trouble! lol She sure isn't the greatest when it comes to tricks! hehehe

BitsyNaceyDog
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Libby, I don't have a problem with you bringing Tuffy. I love boxers and can't wait to meet him. I don't think Nova has ever been around an unaltered male, but she'll be fine.

Nova won't be too good at games, though we'd love to play anyway, or at least watch the others.

A mini gift swap would be fun. Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me.

I honestly doubt I'll swim, but I may bring a suit incase. (I usually swim in a suit and shorts ;)). Nova has never been swiming in a pool. She wasn't too fond of the Ocean though.

dukedogsmom
06-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Duke's new medication is already showing improvements and it's just been a little over a week. We socialized Kay's dogs with him tonight and he only growled once and no snarls or evil eyes. And, he was tired, too. We kept Duke and Nala on leashes. I had Duke laying down on his side and he seemed quite a bit more relaxed. So, I'm looking forward to the party a little bit more. I'm sure he'll need a break from all the action, though, as he is 12 and tires easily. But, I'm hoping for a great group shot of all the dogs. That is, if we can keep them all still long enough :p

shutterbug0303
06-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Keep Skye still?!?!?! haha! Thats a joke! :p

Thats great to hear that Duke is doing so well on his new medicine! I'm sure he'll have a great time at the party - and we'll make sure to give him a break sometimes! Heck, I'm sure we'll all need one! hehe

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
A group shot would be awesome! Maybe we can just have all the people and dogs in the photo, so, that way it might be easier to keep them still. :) I have no idea if Finn would keep still with all those dogs around. His neuter appointment isn't until after the party, though, on the 28th. I hope he does all right. I have never had a problem with him, except for a little humping every now and then. But, you never know. He's never been in such a small space with a group of dogs before. But, he has been around sixty or seventy dogs before, just in a big area. We can always take him out of the fun if he gets funky. I hope not, though!

Kfamr
06-09-2005, 06:10 PM
To be honest, I am a bit worried about unaltered dogs being here.

Please everyone keep a GOOD eye on your dogs. A VERY good eye. For the day, no jumping on the furniture.. for the safety of it. Make sure they're behaving. I don't tolerate dogs jumping. Nala is still working on this, as she gets very excited when she sees new people. Also, if your dogs aren't aware of screened in areas please make sure they become accustomed to it. We have a screened in pool.

Please make sure your dogs are DRY when they come inside. I thinking maybe we should just leash them when they come inside so they don't get too rowdy.

We've never had this many dogs here so i'm scared for the safety of our home. :o :eek:

Sorry if this comes off as rude.. i'm just very nervous, and don't want my parents getting upset about rowdy dogs. I'm going to put together our wire crate just incase we need to use it while we're eating or something.

Fox-Gal
06-09-2005, 06:30 PM
To be honest, I am a bit worried about unaltered dogs being here.

Thats all you had to say...Tuffy wont be coming then.

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
You're not sounding rude at all, Kay. It's your home! But, I'm thinking I am not going to bring Finn. I had doubts about him not being neutered, even though he's never had problems before. But, especially now since you said that, I'm thinking my gut instincts are right. That stinks that his surgery date is just a few days after the meeting! But, I'm sure I'll get to meet all of you soon enough! And, again, I don't think your post was rude at all. You're just looking at for your home.

shutterbug0303
06-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Skye, being only 4 months old, has not been spayed yet. We're not doing this until the end of July/beginning of August. Just want to see if she fits in this category, or are we referring to males only?

Kfamr
06-09-2005, 07:33 PM
2 unfixed males, 1 unfixed female. It just seems a bit touchy to me. I don't know. I've never been around many unaltered animals. If everyone can make sure their dogs are going to be kept under control at all times, then there shouldn't be a problem. And I want to be able to meet the dogs and all but I don't want anything bad happened. I didn't say NOT to bring them, i'm just worried and have been in too many situations where people DON'T watch their animals.

I'm just very nervous and scared for the safety of our home, and I don't want anything coming back to me if something happens (one of the dogs get hurt or something)

I'm just very paranoid.. nervous.. scared.. I don't want anything happening to one of our babies or my house.

If everyone promiissesss to keep GOOD eye on your dogs, there shouldn't be a problem. Like I said, i've just run into too many situations where people don't watch their animals.

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 07:34 PM
2 unfixed males, 1 unfixed female.

Except Tuffy and Finn won't be there. Unless there are two other males you're talking about?

Kfamr
06-09-2005, 07:35 PM
:( No one said you can't bring them.

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 07:37 PM
:( No one said you can't bring them.

I know, don't feel bad. Like I said, I was just worried about it a little to begin with, and, then after you voiced your concerns, it sealed the decision for me. It's really not a big deal. I mean, it sucks, yeah, but, nothing to fret over. ;)

Kfamr
06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Why not bring him? Please do. Do you even know if you're coming for sure?

I just want everyone to promise to keep a good eye on their dogs. I really don't want something happen then it being turned to be my fault. If everyone keeps control over their dogs, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Why not bring him? Please do. Do you even know if you're coming for sure?

I was as sure as I could be that I was coming. I don't feel comfortable with it now. Like I said, I was nervous to begin with, because of the number of dogs in such a small area. And, again, hearing your concerns, just makes me feel like I should wait til he's neutered and a little older before taking him into a situation like that. A dog park, no problem. There's at least enough room where the dogs don't have to be near others that they might not like, and, there's room to let loose and run. I was worried about finances and such, anyway, so, it's best that I just wait until the next one. It sucks, but, I'm a big girl, I can handle not getting to do everything I want. ;)

Kfamr
06-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I shouldn't have said anything at all. I knew something like this was going to happen. :(

-sigh- Me and my stupid worrying about everything. :mad:

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I shouldn't have said anything at all. I knew something like this was going to happen. :(

-sigh- Me and my stupid worrying about everything. :mad:

You were right to voice your concerns. You are the host and it's your home. It's not stupid to worry about the safety of you and your family and pets and all of your friends and their dogs. It's called being a nice person.

Fox-Gal
06-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Kay don't feel bad, you where just being honest about your feelings, never feel bad about that.

if that worries anyone here? Just let me know before the date as thats going to be a big factor on Tuffy and I coming.

I said from the beginning that if anyone had worries, let me know and you did. Not a thing wrong with that, I wanted to know and you let me know, as you should. Don't feel bad about it, it's your home and you have every right to worry. Maybe some other time you can meet Tuffy and fell him out in a better environment.

wolf_Q
06-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Could you guys maybe meet at a park or something? Or possibly have the dogs run around and play at a dog park first so they wouldn't be wanting to play in the house?

Just a suggestion...wish I could come, it sounds like fun. :)

shutterbug0303
06-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow! I jump in the hot tub and miss a lot! lol I'm sorry if I came off wrong - I just wanted to make sure that Skye was safe to come. I totally understand where you are coming from Kay! There is no reason to be mad that you spoke your opinion on this. It sucks about Finn and Kari - but if she said she was a little unsure to begin with, then maybe it is best. I sure am going to miss my riding buddy(s) though! I know there will be a ton more meetings - so no worries! We'll both be back down I'm sure!

I'm going to be there Saturday morning-ish....so maybe we can get together on Saturday and let the kids meet ahead of time. :D I can help with anything at your house too, if you need any.

Again, don't feel bad Kay!! You said what was on your heart - good for you! We'll have a blast and miss our fur-skin friends that couldn't make it. But there will DEFINITELY be a next time :D

Kfamr
06-13-2005, 10:06 AM
So I guess this is pretty much final?

People - 9
Kay (kfamr)
Ken (kfamr's dad)
Mary (kfamr's mom)
Valerie (dukedogsmom)
Kari (kblaix)
Libby (fox-gal)
Judy (shutterbug0303) & Friend?

Dogs - 7
Simba (kfamr)
Nala (kfamr)
Kiara (kfamr)
Duke (dukedogsmom)
Nova (kblaix)
Mooch (fox-gal)
Skye (shutterbug0303)

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
You guys are going to have so much fun! I'm so bummed that we're not coming, but, next time, for sure! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Libby, are you going to bring someone else instead of Tuffy? Odie maybe?

shutterbug0303
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Count me and my brother in :D Along with Skye!

Wish you could come, Kari - but definitely next time :D

Fox-Gal
06-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I just Pm-ed Kay and told her, now I'll tell the rest of you.

I won't be coming after all. :( Our friend came over today, to tell us they moved up their wedding date to. SUNDAY 26th, of all days!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's leaving his one job, so they thought they get married early, this way they can take their honeymoon and come back, start his new job. Instead of starting a job and then, taking time off.

Believe me, I'd much rather be sitting by a pool, then getting all dressed up and spend my Sunday, inside a reception hall.

I hope everyone has a great time and hopefully I'll get another chance to get together with everyone.

Take lots of pic, so I can see what I missed.

finn's mom
06-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
I won't be coming after all. :(

oh my gosh, that sucks! :( kay, i'm sorry so much is falling through. :( i'm still trying to see if there's any way to get finn into the humane society sooner (like if someone doesn't show up for their appointment or something), because i'd still like to come. i'm so sad, now, though, that you aren't going to be able to go, Libby. :(

Fox-Gal
06-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
i'm so sad, now, though, that you aren't going to be able to go, Libby. :(

Thanks, I'm sad about it too. I hate letting Kay down, she plans so hard for these things, but this is one of those weddings I can't miss, it wouldn't be right, he's been in my life sense he was a small boy, almost family. I feel like @$% for backing out.

It'd be nice if you could make it, that way one of us showed up. Isn't Finn still young enough where he's not effected yet, by his male-ness? Where being unaltered isn't a problem yet? If Finn is still at that age where it hasn't come into play yet, there should be no problem with him, at all. And with Tuffy not there, there is no other full unaltered male to compete with. Maybe I'm wrong about how young Finn is though, I have a hard time keeping up with things, sometimes. It could just be wishfully thinking, sense I want Kay to have the PT meet she hoped for. The more the merrier, idea.

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Please don't feel bad at all for me, Libby.
Maybe it was meant to be this way? My parents were a bit hesitant with so many dogs here, so maybe it's better that we have less dogs for a starter, and then we can see about having a larger crowd.

It's too bad you can't come though. There'll always be other times. :)

Kfamr
06-14-2005, 12:07 AM
People - 8
Kay (kfamr)
Ken (kfamr's dad)
Mary (kfamr's mom)
Valerie (dukedogsmom)
Kari (kblaix)
Judy (shutterbug0303)
Joey (shutterbug0303's Brother)

Dogs - 6
Simba (kfamr)
Nala (kfamr)
Kiara (kfamr)
Duke (dukedogsmom)
Nova (kblaix)
Skye (shutterbug0303)

Judy, what's your brother's name? :)

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Isn't Finn still young enough where he's not effected yet, by his male-ness? Where being unaltered isn't a problem yet? If Finn is still at that age where it hasn't come into play yet, there should be no problem with him, at all. And with Tuffy not there, there is no other full unaltered male to compete with.

Well, he's actually just hitting the age where he's not ok with other unaltered males. He was fine when we left Dallas back in April, and, just within the last couple of months, he's turned into a hater. ;) We saw it first hand at the dog park in Myrtle Beach. But, he's fine with all other dogs, at least that's what it seemed like at the dog park. It was only unaltered males he had any issues with. He was great with the three Pet Talk dogs. He's almost 18 months, now, so, I guess that's about right. But, I think it would be best to just wait until next time, he's so energetic! With no other unaltered males, I'm sure he'd be great. But, like Kay said, maybe it's meant to be this way, just as a starter. I'm glad you're going to be able to make it to his wedding, though, you'll have to tell us all how it went! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry that I won't get too meet either of you. I was looking forward to watching Finn swim in the pool with Kiara. That is a lot of dogs for one small area though.

finn's mom
06-14-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry that I won't get too meet either of you. I was looking forward to watching Finn swim in the pool with Kiara. That is a lot of dogs for one small area though.

Yeah, it really is. One day, we'll have to get together where there's a park and water, like the park in Myrtle Beach. Or just all plan to go hang out on a beach somewhere (either close to us here in South Carolina or down there in Florida by Kay). I was really looking forward to meeting all of you as well. Soon, though!

shutterbug0303
06-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Judy, what's your brother's name? :)

Joey

finn's mom
06-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Joey

And, Joey's cool! :D Hey, well, I know in my last message on here, I was still thinking of trying to come. Trying to think of a way to get Finn into the Humane Society for his surgery before his appointment date, but, the more I thought about it, the less that seems like an option. Just because he has to not have food and water the night before, and, all that. :( And, my parents aren't going to be here that weekend, so, I couldn't just come up there by myself, which was an option. But, I get the feeling that Finn will be more missed than me. Ha ha. But, I know you all are going to have so much fun! I can't wait to see pictures!

Samantha Puppy
06-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Change of plans - I'll be in FL 8/25 through 8/28 in the Gainesville/Jacksonville area. Just FYI if anyone cares! :)

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Aw man, Jaime.. I totally skipped over the number on the month and just saw "24-28" and thought you were going to be here for the meeting. When it comes closer to time, we'll have to plan something. :)

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm so jealous! I want to come too!! :(

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I'm so jealous! I want to come too!! :(

Come on down, Kelly! I promise you'll have fun. ;)

Samantha Puppy
06-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Aw man, Jaime.. I totally skipped over the number on the month and just saw "24-28" and thought you were going to be here for the meeting. When it comes closer to time, we'll have to plan something. :) No problem! I won't have Samantha though, as it's my last hoorah weekend with my best friend pre-baby. :) The ol' hubby'll be doggie-and-kitty-sitting while Mommy's gone. :D

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Come on down, Kelly! I promise you'll have fun. ;)
Oh how I would LOVE to!! One day...when things are more settled, I will come! Promise!! :)

Kfamr
06-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Oh how I would LOVE to!! One day...when things are more settled, I will come! Promise!! :)

You can stay a Hotel 3 Muttlies for free. ;) :p

sandragonfly
06-16-2005, 09:28 PM
don't feel bad, kay :) I probably would worry the same. is there any specific reason why you should be worrying? wondering for the different reason. I mean this is pet talk site and look at us, how much we care about ours! ...except posting pictures as much as you do :p :)

wish I could come too! darrrn. crayola would LOVE your pool!! I know he'd be in love with kiara because of balls! ooooh aww...made me sad just to realize this that crayola haven't met a crazy baller! it would definitely have to be your dear kiara! :)

NoahsMommy
06-16-2005, 09:31 PM
You can stay a Hotel 3 Muttlies for free. ;) :p YAY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

shutterbug0303
06-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Hotel reservations have been confirmed today - two double beds - two people - one dog....June 25 through June 27!!!! :D

Only days away!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit** - Oh, any suggestions on what I should bring as far as food/drink? It would have to be something simple since I'm traveling so far........

Kfamr
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
I can't wait! :)

Judy, do you think you could bring some burger and hot dog buns?
Or some chips?

This is what is promised so far:

FOOD
Main
Burgers & Dogs (Kfamr)

Sides
Veggie Tray (Kfamr)
Chips (shutterbug0303)

Desserts
White Chocolate & Raspberry cake (Kfamr)

Other
BUNS! :p (shutterbug0303)

shutterbug0303
06-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Sure, I can do all of those....I don't think they'll get "squished" on the trip! lol If I can keep Big Feet off of them!

I'll see if I can manage some sort of cookies or something easy too for dessert!

Kfamr
06-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Okay, I added them to the list. :)

I hope we have time while you guys are here to do something else. :D

dukedogsmom
06-17-2005, 08:00 PM
My stuff arrived yesterday. It's so cute! I hope everyone likes it.

Kfamr
06-21-2005, 09:41 PM
We just went and bought a bunch of decorations for the party, as well as some gifts for everyone.

It's only a few days away! :eek:

Kfamr
06-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Um, I apologize if our back porch smells INCREDIBLY BAD because the roof leaks when the gutter gets backed up and it's a swamp right now. It's pouring right now.

Oh boy, can't wait for the rain to stop and clean it up. :rolleyes:

beeniesmom
06-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Have fun guys! :)

Kfamr
06-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Looks like Sunday is going to be the best day this week!
Lets hope the forcast is correct.. or atleast a bit better!

Sun
Jun 26 Partly Cloudy

Hi/Lo Percip.
89°/76° 20%

BitsyNaceyDog
06-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm glad the weather is going to be better, it's been so yucky lately. I was just listening to the news and the weather man said that we've had rain 20 out of 23 days thus far in June. :rolleyes:

What would you like me to bring? How about a macaroni salad? or cookies? or something else, let me know.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh, I forgot, I was going to ask- Judy, Hold old is Joey? We can stick him and Justin together. :D

Kfamr
06-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Macaroni Salad sounds fine. My mom and I are making 2 desserts.
Anyone want to bring some drinks. We'll have bottled water, but some cheap sodas or something are welcome.

I'm also making a little somethinf for everyone. I know Valerie is too, but if anyone else wants to as well, feel welcome to.

Did everyone (besides Val since she already knows.) Recieve my address and number?

People - 7
Kay (kfamr)
Ken (kfamr's dad)
Mary (kfamr's mom)
Valerie (dukedogsmom)
Kari (kblaix)
Judy (shutterbug0303) & Friend

Dogs - 6
Simba (kfamr)
Nala (kfamr)
Kiara (kfamr)
Duke (dukedogsmom)
Nova (kblaix)
Skye (shutterbug0303)

FOOD
Main
Burgers & Dogs (Kfamr)

Sides
Veggie Tray (Kfamr)
Chips (shutterbug0303)
Macaroni Salad (Kblaix)
Deviled Eggs (Kfamr)

Desserts
White Chocolate & Raspberry Cake (Kfamr)
Brownies (Kfamr)

Other
Buns (shutterbug030)
Sodas (Kblaix)

shutterbug0303
06-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Kari - Joey is only 12 (so I don't know how well Justin will get along with him....LOL - but he's the only one that I could get to make the trip with me :rolleyes: )

Kay - got your address, thanks! :D Glad to see the weather is looking good for Sunday! How the porch clean up coming?!?! hehehe (or is it still raining??? yuck!)

dukedogsmom
06-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Shutterbug(you know I don't know you're real name?) if you need it, I can give you my cell phone number. I'll be working all night friday so if you needed to call late or something, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not long now! I think we'll have great fun.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-23-2005, 09:24 PM
I can bring some sodas. What does everyone like?

Kay- yep, I got your address. For the most part I think I remember how to get there.
Val- Sutterbug0303's name is Judy.
Judy- haha, I didn't know Joey was only 12, I was thinking he was a bit older.

shutterbug0303
06-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Valerie - thanks! I think I'll be alright. If I get too tired, I'm going to stop, but I should be ok. I'm going to sleep from about 8pm-12 or 1 am, so a little power nap will do me good. Then, drive, drive, drive! hehehe

Kari - I drink anything but Tea and Sprite or sprite-like drinks (lemon/lime stuff). Otherwise, I'm easy :)

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Be careful, Judy! Please tell Joey I said hi and to everyone.....have a good time this Sunday! I'm so excited for all of you! :) Finn and I will be thinking of you! :)

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 12:36 PM
I like mostly orange soda and light colored sodas. However, I'll more than likely just drink water. :)

I'm getting together everyone's "gifts" right now. :D

PLEEEAAASEE do the sunshine dance!!!
The forecast "new" forcast:

Sun
Jun 26 Isolated T-Storms :(
90°/75° 30%

However, there's onlt a 30% chance.. so lets hope the other 70% pulls through!

Drive safely, Judy. If you want, call when you arrive and we can meet up or something. :)

shutterbug0303
06-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm heading towards the car right now! :D Off on our long journey...and I'm already tired! :( Hope I can make the whole thing without stopping, but we'll see.

I'll see everyone soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Judy, Skye, and Joey

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Drive safely! Can't wait to see you all.
I'm not sure how much time i'll have tomorrow but please feel free to call. (I now have to take Nala to the vets, along with bake and clean! :p )

Hope no one thinks bad of me since my girls are a little bumped up.

Nala has a hot spot (?) on her back and Kiara has a bald spot on the side of her paw from the pool. Of course, my girls just want to make me look really bad. :rolleyes:

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Off on our long journey...and I'm already tired! :(

Be careful. I'm not even your mom, and, I'm worried about you already! I wish I could have gone with you, even without Finn would have been better for you to have an extra driver. :( I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

Kfamr
06-24-2005, 11:06 PM
The chance of rain keeps getting higher and higher. :(

Sun
Jun 26 PM T-Storms
90°/79° 40%

It'll probably be a day like today. Gorgeous until around 4, then rain, rain, rain! Ah.. lovely Florida weather. :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
06-25-2005, 12:53 AM
I've got all the goodie bags ready! I'm going to try and do something tomorrow if I have time. Just one more little surprise. Got to wash Duke and try and clean out that station wagon. I call it my craft mobile. I'll probably take all the craft stuff out so I'll actually have some room.

shutterbug0303
06-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone!! I'm currently crouched in a corner of Barnes and Noble in Palm Harbor (I think....)!!! I made it here safe and sound - although exhausted. Skye did excellently through the whole trip and seems like she's having a good time on our adventure!

I realized I have no clue as to what time I need to head your direction tomorrow Kay! Duh! I'm going to search through the thread and see if I can find a time....what a dummy!

Sorry I never got a chance to call, but I didn't get in town until about 5 and have been relaxing and keeping Skye busy ever since. Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! I'm off to hunt down the Walmart...?!?!??! We'll see what I come up with! LOL

**checked the beginning - 11am! ;) No problem!

finn's mom
06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Judy! Glad you are ok! Thanks for the update, cuz you know everyone's worrying about your progress! Can't wait to see photos of you and Skye in pretty Florida!

luvofallhorses
06-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Glad you are okay, Judy! I can't wait to see pics of you and Skye :)

RobiLee
06-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Thinking about you all. Have lots of fun! I can't wait to see the pics.

dukedogsmom
06-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Judy, glad you made it ok! Duke and I are both finally clean and I've got the baked beans in the oven. I've got one load of laundry to put in the washer and I'm going to collapse. I've had 4 1/2 hours sleep after working all night. I've been running around like crazy this evening trying to get everything together.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Kfamr
06-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Wel, if I can't hear you all tomorrow, it'll sure be nice to see you. (Just got home from a show/concert) :p

BitsyNaceyDog
06-26-2005, 06:44 AM
I'll be leaving shortly, see you all soon!

(Just got home from a show/concert) :p

awesome, who'd you see?

Kfamr
06-26-2005, 07:10 AM
I'll be leaving shortly, see you all soon!

awesome, who'd you see?

I bunch of local bands... one band that I knew personally. One was from New Jersey as well, and they were absolutely amazing.

The Number Twelve Looks Like You (the ones from New Jersey)
Destroyer Destroyer
Shed For You (My friend's band)
Roman Empire
Destroyer Destroyer (From Oklahoma)
Somplace To Hide

I just woke up and i'm sooo tired. Got a lot of stuff to do though! :)

dukedogsmom
06-26-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm just about ready to leave. Here's the shirt I made to match Duke's bandana. I just got it finished!
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062505_1.jpg
Woo hoo! See you soon. Got to go find some Starbucks somewhere.

Kfamr
06-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Everyone's here! :) So far so good. Kiara entertaining (and wetting) everyone by the pool.

Nala and Duke are actually tolerating teachother!

We're going to have som good pictures! :)

Lexi_Lover
06-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Have fun everybody!

Hope to see lots of pictures and everybody home safe and sound! I wish I could go, but I live too far away!

Kfamr
06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Kari and Justin are heading their way home... Judy, Joey, & Skye are at the hotel right now, they plan on coming back in a bit to go to the beach, but Skye had to eat and rest for a bit. :)

We've gotten some wonderful pictures. I'm so proud of Duke. He got along with my girls so wonderfully. I hope this continues as it'll make Valerie and I's visits MUCH better. No locked up doggies! :)

Look how amazing these dogs are.
http://petevents.com/~simba/FLPTMeet6-26/64.jpg
http://petevents.com/~simba/FLPTMeet6-26/68.jpg

I'll be sure to post more later. :)

finn's mom
06-26-2005, 05:54 PM
How cute, I can't wait to see more! :)

vinjashira
06-26-2005, 05:56 PM
lovely to see those dogs together! :)

aly
06-26-2005, 06:38 PM
That is an AWESOME group shot! AWWW, thanks for the teaser pics :) Can't wait for the rest!

luvofallhorses
06-26-2005, 06:50 PM
I love the group shot! :) I cannot wait to see more! :)

CagneyDog
06-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Great pictures!!! I can't wait to see the rest!

dukedogsmom
06-26-2005, 08:25 PM
All the dogs did really well today. There were a few growls here and there but that's to be expected. Duke has done great! I am so thankful for that medication because it's made Duke his old self again. He's back to tossing his rawhide and playing in his blanket. He hasn't been doing that for months now. We had a very nice day and I've got lots of good pics that will have to wait until at least tomorrow and maybe Tuesday. We're all pooped now. Simba and Kiara are curled up in chairs and Duke is stretched out on the floor. Of course I got pics of that, too

Cincy'sMom
06-26-2005, 08:28 PM
What a great picture of the group!! Can't wait to see the rest!!

finn's mom
06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
We had a very nice day and I've got lots of good pics that will have to wait until at least tomorrow and maybe Tuesday.

I can't wait to see the ones you took, Valerie! I can't believe this day has come and gone already! I wish I could have met you guys!

BitsyNaceyDog
06-27-2005, 12:59 PM
We had such a good time. Thank you so much Kay. One of these days you will all have to come over here (we don't have a pool though).
All the dogs impressed me. Kiara jumping constantly in the pool after her tennis balls, last time I saw her she was just getting used to the water (that was ocean though).
Nala was just so calm and sweet, quite the lady.
Simba totally impressed me with his swimming- yep, he got in the pool (with a little help).
Duke was wonderful! Oh my goodness, I love that dog. He is so sweet. He just always wanted to be petted. He's such a love bug.
Skye was so good. She amazed me with how calm she was. I expected her to be a big goofy puppy, and she was, but not in the way I expected. She followed Judy around everywhere, it was so cute.
Nova even impressed me. She has met all of the dogs before, with the exception of Skye, but she is usually a bit timid around larger dogs, but she did well. Nova's biggest friend that she plays with on a regular basis is a cocker, so you can see she's not all too used to big dogs. By the end of the day Kiara and she were actually playing and chasing each other around the pool.

I have a busy day today, but wanted to post a quick post here while I eat my lunch. Tomorrow will be a much calmer day for me and I'll be able to post pictures then.

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 01:06 PM
We had such a good time.

It seems like everyone did! I think it all worked out for the best! I can't wait to see your pictures, Kari!

Kari :)

Lexi_Lover
06-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Can't wait to see some more! OMGosh! Look at the size of Skye to everybody else! LOL! Judy, I don't think Skye is gonna lose the blue in her eyes!

Looks at them all, posed perfectly in bandanas, matching! :D

shutterbug0303
06-28-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm home!!! :D Phew! That was a longggggggg drive. We left Florida at 9:00 am and arrived home at 8:30 pm! And only 3 stops! Skye was sooo good on the way home. She slept almost the whole time :D

I haven't got a chance to even look at my pictures yet, but I'm sure there are a few to post ;) so I'll be back after work with my "tails from Florida"

Thanks again to everyone! We had a great time and can't wait to do it again...after some recovery time from the first drive ;) :p

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks again to everyone! We had a great time and can't wait to do it again...after some recovery time from the first drive ;) :p

Well, hopefully, next time, I can help out with that part! Finn's in surgery right now! ;) Glad you are home safely, Judy! Hi to Joey for me!

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I hope Finn did well in his surgery. Here's some teaser pics. There's one of my favorites of each dog.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062605_1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062605_2.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062605_3.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062605_4.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062605_5.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/062605_6.jpg
We had a great time and we're still pooped. I've got to work tonight so hope I can find some energy to stay awake all night.

luvofallhorses
06-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Love the teaser pics :D

Kfamr
06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I just got home from Orlando (went and stayed at a hotel for the night with my friends.) The rest of my pictures will hopefully be up soon.

Unfortunately, the peace between Duke & Nala & Kiara didn't last long. Nala and Duke got into it. Poor Nala got 6 or 7 bite marks on here face.... now if she couldn't look any sillier than she already did. :p I believe Duke got 1 on his lip or something.
I just think Duke got sick of being around them.. just like kids get sick of being together after a while.

Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
Can't wait to see some more! OMGosh! Look at the size of Skye to everybody else!

Skye really isn't much bigger than Nala.:)

Nala's a bit taller, although Skye's legs/paws are bulkier.
She's actually only about 10 pounds heavier than Nala.
I wish Nala wasn't hurt so she could have played better.

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
OMGosh! Look at the size of Skye to everybody else! LOL!

I know, that's what I thought, too! She and Finn were almost the same size, I think Finn is a little heavier, though, (or at least he was a couple weeks ago, Skye's probably gained weight since then!!) but, only because he's got more adult, developed muscle. Check out the photos from Myrtle Beach and you'll see what I mean! And, I can't wait to see more photos from the Florida trip! So far, they're all fantastic!

and, kay, i'm sorry to hear about Nala. It's just not been her month. :(

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 04:22 PM
I hope Finn did well in his surgery. Here's some teaser pics. There's one of my favorites of each dog.

As for Finn, so far, so good! :) He's staying overnight at the humane society, though. I'll get him and bring him home tomorrow morning. As for those photos, they're awesome! That is a tease, Valerie! I read Kay's post about the friendliness ending, though, that stinks. I'm sorry that Duke and Nala got hurt. :(

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Duke bled a little, too but he's alright. Also, he hadn't been growling at Nala but Nala had at him. We figured it was because she wasn't feeling well and they had been together for so long. I don't consider it a big setback at all. I'm super sad it happened for both dogs. We'll just have to watch them the next time I visit and monitor them so it won't happen again.

Kfamr
06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
I did see Duke growl and give Nala that "look" he gives the girls.

I don't think it was just because Nala hadn't felt well, but Duke was thinking he was 'king' of the house since he had been out there so long, when in fact it's Nala's house, not his. He was staring them down all that morning and did take that snap at Kiara as well. Kiara was afraid of him all morning.

Poor Nala looks pitiful. She keeps trying to scratch at all of the marks on her face (and her hot spot as well.) :(

She's just had too much happen to her this month. Hopefully no more unexpected vet bills are in our future.

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah, Duke bled a little, too but he's alright. Also, he hadn't been growling at Nala but Nala had at him. We figured it was because she wasn't feeling well and they had been together for so long. I don't consider it a big setback at all. I'm super sad it happened for both dogs. We'll just have to watch them the next time I visit and monitor them so it won't happen again.

Well, it's good to know neither of them are in terribly bad condition. That stinks though, but, it's awesome that you're not taking it as too big of a setback, as you said. :)

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Wow, I just don't know what to say.......... Maybe we'd better not visit for a while now. It kind of seems like you resent Duke or something. Really sorry it turned out that way. Guess this is why you didn't answer me on AIM.

Kfamr
06-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Wow, I just don't know what to say.......... Maybe we'd better not visit for a while now. It kind of seems like you resent Duke or something. Really sorry it turned out that way. Guess this is why you didn't answer me on AIM.

I just don't like the fact that you almost always blame it on Nala. It's not completely her fault! Duke is constantly giving Kiara and Nala the eye. Nala won't put up with that crap. Kiara on the other hand is terrified. Remember, this isn't the only problems Duke has had with other dogs recently.

I had been so proud of you and Duke as he did great in the beginning of the day Sunday, and you seemed to have taken a lot more accountability for his actions.

I didn't reply to you on AIM because for one, I was away, and another I'm a tad bit upset and don't feel like chatting on AIM, with anyone.

If you feel you want to talk more about this, please PM me as I don't think it's something that everyone else needs to be a part of.

gemini9961
07-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Oh my, I just read this thread again and see the little issue at the end. Val and Kay I hope this doesn't hurt your friendship. You 2 seem to have a great time together will all of the dogs. Dogs have moods too and sometimes they don't want to be messed with. Like someone said they can be just like kids and adults as well and get tired of each other. It's no one's fault and certainly let's not blame the dogs. This is definitely not something to potentially ruin a friendship over. I don't know if you guys have settled this outside of PT and if you have please disregard this. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. Everyone gets grumpy at times, even dogs. :(

Kfamr
07-01-2005, 06:05 AM
Amber, I'll PM you. :)