PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Surgery Used On Pets

QueenScoopalot
05-14-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15492331&method=full&siteid=106694&headline=plastic-surgery-used-on-pets-name_page.html
This is crazy!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you don't like a bulldog's looks, get another breed! :rolleyes:
PLASTIC SURGERY USED ON PETS May 8 2005

OWNERS unhappy with the way their pet looks are booking them in for COSMETIC surgery in a bizarre new craze.

In one case an “ugly” bulldog was given a facelift. Another time an overweight rabbit was sent in for a tummy tuck.

Some pet owners are even having their cats’ claws removed – because they don’t want their furniture scratched – while others are having their dogs’ testicles replaced with plastic ones.

Bulldog Boulder was given a facelift after his owner Robert Smith thought his saggy face was ugly. The Scot admitted: “The dog hasn’t asked for the operation. It was my choice to get it done.” After the operation Robert added: “If you look further than the stitches you will see a success.”

Surgeon Dr Alasdair Bruce defended his decision to carry out the two-hour operation – and said: “His face can only look better.”

Southampton-based Diane Cox gave up on helping tubby rabbit Lucky to slim – so she booked her bunny in for a tummy tuck.

The flop-eared pet grew to a massive size after losing her baby. Diane said: “She grew extra fur to nest her babies, but it hasn’t gone.

“If they take it away it will give her a better quality of life.”

She burst into tears after the animal came back from her £350 operation.

When she saw Lucky’s stitched-up belly Diane said: “She’s lovely – I can’t believe the difference.”

And in America Baxter the dog is being put through a revolutionary new procedure – inserting plastic testicles called Neuticles into neutered dogs.

Owner Tony Lovett says the implants – heading to the UK shortly – stop the dog having psychological problems after losing his manhood.

Inventor Gregg Miller said: “False b***s help dogs remain manly.”

But some of the more extreme American surgeries – such as cat de-clawing – are considered so cruel they are banned in the UK.

The procedure – which uses a laser to remove the claw and some bone in each paw – is the human equivalent of chopping the top inch off each finger.

Proud homeowner Lynne Middleton, who took her cats October and Martini to be de-clawed, said: “They are ruining my interior design. I want a show home so the claws are going.”

She added: “They are lucky to be living in our family – the least they can do is get rid of their claws.”

Another sick operation – banned in the UK since 1992 – involves hacking the tips of puppy dogs’ ears off with a pair of scissors.

Every year more than 130,000 dogs have the nasty procedure in the USA.

But vet assistant Pam Bot is horrified by the operation. She said: “It breaks my heart when they come round from the op. They are screaming, but people don’t see this part.”

The bizarre craze for pet perfection has been investigated by a new Channel Five documentary, Pet Plastic Surgery.

An insider said: “Five always like to shock viewers – but they expect sack-loads of complaints for this one.”

The RSPCA said: “We are appalled at the idea of pets being put through major surgery for the sake of vanity and are totally opposed to it.

“It cannot be dressed up as anything other than animal cruelty. We will watch the programme closely.”

LKPike
05-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't know about the bulldog and cat. Declawing isnt really plastic surgery as the goal to plastic surgery is to make someone look BETTER than before and declawing a cat is just ..... I don't even need to say I'm sure most people agree anyway.

With the Bulldog case, its pretty common to have to have a type of "plastic surgery" when the puppys nostrils are too "closed". They can't breathe very well, and so the nostrils are widened. It didnt really say what they did to the bulldog in that case other than just a "face lift" but what areas did they cut and stitch?? he either could be an idiot with the wrong breed, or the bulldog could of had an actual problem with his jowls being too large, the nostrils, the skin above the nose could of been to large??? Since english is different between americans and the english his meaning of "ugly" could of meant the dog had an actual problem??? :confused:

gemini9961
05-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Who are these crazy vets that will do these plastic surgery procedures on an animal??? This new "fad" is too strange for me. What's next...piercings on animals??? I hope not.

LKPike
05-15-2005, 07:54 AM
piercings have already started. in the ears, so far.

Chica
05-15-2005, 11:20 AM
I WISH PEOPLE WOULD LET THEIR PETS BE PETS. NOT ORNAMENTS. :( :( I THINK IT IS CRUEL TO MAKE YOUR PET GO THROUGH ANY UNNECESSARY SURGERY.:( VERY VERY CRUEL, I WOULD NOT LIKE IT IF THE ROLLS WERE REVERSED!!! WOULD YOU? :rolleyes:

slleipnir
05-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Why owuld anyone ever do this? If you don't like a breed, don't get it! There are lots of people who think the breed is beautiful AS IT IS

QueenScoopalot
05-15-2005, 11:31 AM
People have been tampering and tweeking animals for so long now that I can understand surgery to correct birth defects etc. but to mess around with an animal for the simple fact you don't like the way they look, is crazy!:rolleyes: Are we going to be seeing Michael Jackson look-a-likes in the animal world soon? :confused: :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
05-15-2005, 02:41 PM
People are horrid. :(

I was talking to someone a few years ago that was trying to pick what kind of dog they were going to get. She said she wanted a St. Bernard, but would be getting the surgery so it wouldn't drool as much!! I was livid!!! :mad:

moosmom
05-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Are we going to be seeing Michael Jackson look-a-likes in the animal world soon?

Oh GOD I hope not!!!!

wolfsoul
05-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Someone should really make a documentary about these types of surgeries on pets. Maybe if they showed puppies waking up after being cropped, people would see how terrible it is and start to complain to registries. The registries could eventually take cropped ears out of the standards. Same with declawing -- if people SAW the surgery happening, I'm sure they would be appalled.

Vette
05-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Oh what a horrible thing to do to an animal. :(

gemini9961
05-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by LKPike
piercings have already started. in the ears, so far.

Oh NO!! :mad:

luvofallhorses
05-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
People are horrid. :(

I was talking to someone a few years ago that was trying to pick what kind of dog they were going to get. She said she wanted a St. Bernard, but would be getting the surgery so it wouldn't drool as much!! I was livid!!! :mad:

Kelly that's awful :( :mad:

As for the bulldog or any breed, don't get it if you don't like what it looks like for Pete's sake!!!! :mad:

luvofallhorses
05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Piercings????!!!!

What is this world coming to??? :mad: :rolleyes: :(

moosmom
05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
What's next, tattoos?????

DogLover9501
05-16-2005, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes: :( :( :mad:

Originally posted by slleipnir
There are lots of people who think the breed is beautiful AS IT IS

I'm definatly one of them!

chrissycat21
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
That's horrible!

Tatoos have already started on some dogs, there was a thread in the Dog House (I think) on it. :mad: