PDA

View Full Version : Dog Shot While Protecting Owner (2 articles, and follow up)

QueenScoopalot
05-14-2005, 10:00 AM
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4455047/detail.html
:( :( :(
Dog Shot While Protecting Owner
Community Donating To Hunter's Cause

WORTHINGTON, Ohio -- A community is coming to the rescue of a pet who did the same thing for his owner, NBC 4's Joe Weasel reported.

Hunter, a rottweiler, defended the woman who owns him when she was allegedly held up Tuesday night outside a local motel. Hunter was shot three times during the alleged holdup, and the family is praying for his recovery, Weasel reported.

SLIDESHOW: Images Of Hunter

"The human-pet bond is very strong," said Doug MacMillan, a MedVet administrator. "He's a real fighter. When the owners came in last night, Hunter wagged his tail. In as much pain as he's in, you can tell that there's a real big connection there."

Dog Shot 3 Times

In the meantime, Hunter continued to be in pain Thursday as doctors at MedVet in Worthington prepared for surgery, Weasel reported.

"It's hard to say what we'll be doing," Dr. Shawn Kennedy said. "Outside of the spinal surgery, we may be exploring the wounds and removing some of the bullet fragments, too."

A fund has been established to help cover the veterinarian bills.

Petland donated $1,000 for Hunter's surgery and recovery, along with a year's supply of food. MedVet said that on Thursday the animal hospital received more than 100 calls from strangers wanting to help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4460529/detail.html
:) :) :)
Surgery Deemed Success For Shot Dog
Hunter Remains In Intensive Care

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A dog who was shot while trying to protect his owner during an alleged holdup underwent surgery Thursday, NBC 4 reported.

Hunter, a rottweiler, was shot three times Tuesday night outside of a local motel while he tried to defend the woman who owns him.

Surgeons successfully removed several bullet fragments from Hunter's body. The dog remained in intensive care Friday evening, but staff members said they were optimistic about his recovery.

MetVet of Westerville established a fund to help cover the veterinarian bills.

Calls offering funding and support came from across the country, and e-mails were sent from as far away as Scotland.

Petland donated $1,000 for Hunter's surgery and recovery, along with a year's supply of food.

ramanth
05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Horrah for Hunter! I hope he recovers quickly.

What a brave boy you are. :)

I'm familier with Worthington. It's a cute little community. Shame something like this happened. :(

mina'smomma
05-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Prayers for Hunter and his beloved owner. :( It is a shame that the poor dear has to deal with all the pain.

Did it give an address where we can send donations Jan? If the owner is living in a motel they obviously don't have enough for all the medical that wonderful pup is going to need.

QueenScoopalot
05-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by mina'smomma
Prayers for Hunter and his beloved owner. :( It is a shame that the poor dear has to deal with all the pain.

Did it give an address where we can send donations Jan? If the owner is living in a motel they obviously don't have enough for all the medical that wonderful pup is going to need.
The only address listed (I can't find any updates either) are the clinic treating Hunter...MetVet of Westerville established a fund to help cover the veterinarian bills. Maybe somebody from that area would know the clinic. Poor dog looks like he's in such awful pain. :(